Details of statement against Big Ben are released.

See here's the thing -- what you just described is Ben being at fault. He bought a round of shots and had them take one. Fakes don't mean anything at a bar. Think twice before you bring that girl home, if she's 17, but in a 21+ bar with a fake you are still going to jail. It's not a valid defense to anything.

Buying drinks for a 17 year old at a bar she snuck into is NOT THE SAME as having non-consensual sex with her.

Also, I've met girls like the so-called "victim." I've seen her and her friends make spectacles of themselves, underage, at bars they have no business being at. Bottom line, she's dumb, she's naive, and her behavior/glaring indiscretions throughout the evening were asking for trouble. Does NOT mean she deserved said trouble, but nobody deserves to be shot in the face when playing with daddy's shotgun, either. (pun intended)

Plus, the smoking gun report indicates that body guards and club personnel were in cahoots. What does this mean to me? That this sort of thing happens with some regularity. The difference in this case? Some DUMB DUMB DUMB girl got burned playing with fire. When she's old enough to drink, perhaps then she'll be old enough to traipse around wearing a wash cloth halter top, following professional athletes in and out of clubs with one hand down their pants.

For now, BR's a scumbag, just like every other professional athlete/musician/actor who pulls b-t-h-s into the backroom. But just because this dumb girl was too young and too naive to play the game, let's not suddenly pretend like BR (like Tiger before him) is some sort of lone offender.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying drinks for a 17 year old at a bar she snuck into is NOT THE SAME as having non-consensual sex with her.

Also, I've met girls like the so-called "victim." I've seen her and her friends make spectacles of themselves, underage, at bars they have no business being at. Bottom line, she's dumb, she's naive, and her behavior/glaring indiscretions throughout the evening were asking for trouble. Does NOT mean she deserved said trouble, but nobody deserves to be shot in the face when playing with daddy's shotgun, either. (pun intended)

Plus, the smoking gun report indicates that body guards and club personnel were in cahoots. What does this mean to me? That this sort of thing happens with some regularity. The difference in this case? Some DUMB DUMB DUMB girl got burned playing with fire. When she's old enough to drink, perhaps then she'll be old enough to traipse around wearing a wash cloth halter top, following professional athletes in and out of clubs with one hand down their pants.

For now, BR's a scumbag, just like every other professional athlete/musician/actor who pulls b-t-h-s into the backroom, but just because this dumb girl was too young and too naive to play the game, let's not suddenly pretend like BR's (like Tiger before him) is some sort of lone offender.

no it's not the same thing, and I know she's not 17 either but when it all comes down, it's on Ben not the bartender when he's distributing drinks to minors. That was just a more extreme way to illustrate the idea that fakes don't matter in the discussion. Clearly they are different though, hence one ends with a fine and the other would be a registered sex offender. Probably a bad way to have illustrated my point.

The rest, no Ben isn't unique. That's the worst part of it. Until people like him start getting nailed on this behavior it'll just keep happening to young naive girls. I don't know if she was one of those naive girls or not.... I tend to think yes but who knows....

If you go back and re-read the first post I never said I think he's innocent. I said I couldn't find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The girl told the police she wasn't even sure she was raped.

So, if Pitt will trade him to us for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year, would you do it? I would, in a heartbeat.

The rest, no Ben isn't unique. That's the worst part of it. Until people like him start getting nailed on this behavior it'll just keep happening to young naive girls. I don't know if she was one of those naive girls or not.... I tend to think yes but who knows....

SHE WAS WEARING A NECKLACE THAT READ "DOWN TO !@#$." YOU DO THE MATH.

no it's not the same thing, and I know she's not 17 either but when it all comes down, it's on Ben not the bartender when he's distributing drinks to minors. That was just a more extreme way to illustrate the idea that fakes don't matter in the discussion. Clearly they are different though, hence one ends with a fine and the other would be a registered sex offender. Probably a bad way to have illustrated my point.

Also, depending on which state you're in, you're still more or less wrong about this.

SHE WAS WEARING A NECKLACE THAT READ "DOWN TO !@#$." YOU DO THE MATH.

Have you ever been anywhere near a 20 year old sorority girl that has been drinking with friends? The whole DTF necklace thing was a stupid college joke that the girl got for her birthday from another sorority girl. What the hell does your math tell you? Personally, I'm almost the same age as Ben and I'd see an immature kid, not a target.

Have you ever been anywhere near a 20 year old sorority girl that has been drinking with friends? The whole DTF necklace thing was a stupid college joke that the girl got for her birthday from another sorority girl. What the hell does your math tell you? Personally, I'm almost the same age as Ben and I'd see an immature kid, not a target.

DTF = college joke? Sounds like a lame ass backpedal to me.

Ben's two years older than me. Do you or I have much experience with free tail? Like dropped off at your door step, with a ribbon tied to it tail? No. Don't hate the player. Hate the game. Simple.

EDIT: and yes, I have been around those types, in fact I mentioned that in my post.

DTF = college joke? Sounds like a lame ass backpedal to me.

Ben's two years older than me. Do you or I have much experience with free tail? Like dropped off at your door step, with a ribbon tied to it tail? No. Don't hate the player. Hate the game. Simple.

EDIT: and yes, I have been around those types, in fact I mentioned that in my post.

I gotta call horse **** on this one Big Cat. I can't understand for the life of me how a guy as experienced as you, wouldn't understand that sorority girls often do immature sexual things in nature to gain attention and cheap laughs.

BR most certainly can get more tail than you or I but that has nothing to do with this specific instance. Save your "don't hate the player, hate the game" crap, it's an incredibly immature way of looking at this.

Someone my age, shouldn't be buying drinks for a known minor and cordoning off an area from her friends with a line bodyguards. Who knows if it's out right rape but it is certainly scum baggery at a high level and his actions were deplorable.

What do you have some sort of man crush on Pig Ben? You monopolize the posts on here coming to his defense. Or do the two of you have something in common? :rolleyes:

Dude, you're outta line. I am not defending BR I'm posting about him and if you read my stuff it's not defending him.

So, if Pitt will trade him to us for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year, would you do it? I would, in a heartbeat.

No.

wearing a DTF necklace in a club, basically it means she is a slut.

That said, I'll take the officer's statement on this as the most reliable thing. That said, she may have had sex with him, but I don't think that it was rape if any sex did happen. The big thing would be if she got a rape kit that night, and his DNA matched up and there was signs of sexual assault then yes i could believe the allegations at that point.

I gotta call horse **** on this one Big Cat. I can't understand for the life of me how a guy as experienced as you, wouldn't understand that sorority girls often do immature sexual things in nature to gain attention and cheap laughs.

BR most certainly can get more tail than you or I but that has nothing to do with this specific instance. Save your "don't hate the player, hate the game" crap, it's an incredibly immature way of looking at this.

Someone my age, shouldn't be buying drinks for a known minor and cordoning off an area from her friends with a line bodyguards. Who knows if it's out right rape but it is certainly scum baggery at a high level and his actions were deplorable.

Bottom line: I refuse to live in a world where this floozie is the victim and BR's the scumbag, and there's nothing in between.

wearing a DTF necklace in a club, basically it means she is a slut. That said, I'll take the officer's statement on this as the most reliable thing. That said, she may have had sex with him, but I don't think that it was rape if any sex did happen. The big thing would be if she got a rape kit that night, and his DNA matched up and there was signs of sexual assault then yes i could believe the allegations at that point.

Dude you and the Big Cat must live sheltered girl free lives! If you go out anywhere that caters to young people, you will find this sort of thing. NEWSFLASH: college girls are immature and will do alot of overtly sexual things to gain attention. Bachlorette parties and Mardis Gras chicks would really suprise you and the Big Cat.

Bottom line: I refuse to live in a world where this floozie is the victim and BR's the scumbag, and there's nothing in between.

She might be a floozie, who knows?

A drunk 20 year old floozie out with her college friends, shouldn't mean game on, to a 28 year old pro football player and his entourage. Nevermind the fact that the 28 year old has been accused before.

wearing a DTF necklace in a club, basically it means she is a slut.

That said, I'll take the officer's statement on this as the most reliable thing. That said, she may have had sex with him, but I don't think that it was rape if any sex did happen. The big thing would be if she got a rape kit that night, and his DNA matched up and there was signs of sexual assault then yes i could believe the allegations at that point.

The same officer who was posing for pictures with Roethlisberger earlier that evening, and conveniently omitted his name from the initial incident report? Think I'd sooner trust BR.

She might be a floozie, who knows?

A drunk 20 year old floozie out with her college friends, shouldn't mean game on, to a 28 year old pro football player and his entourage. Nevermind the fact that the 28 year old has been accused before.

The detail that you keep glossing over is that she and him followed each other around that night, she had the gumption to sneak into clubs underage, and she wasn't dragged against her will into the back room. Unless I'm missing something...

Her behavior suggests she falls on the floozie side of things, friend. I know a lot of girls. Some might behave this way, most wouldn't.

Look what part of the report don't some of you understand?

1) Girl was obviously intoxicated.

2) Girl tried to get way.

3) BR pursued and cornered/contained her leaving her no exit.

4) Girl said "No."

5) BR had his way and walked away.

He is damned lucky a) she wasn't underaged(for legal consent), b) that no neutral party account exists and c) she doesn't want to pursue this (no doubt feeling stupid and already vulnerable).

All the while there were people facilitating this travesty to occur. This might not be "rape" to the letter of the law, but in some states this might be sexual assault or a felony molestation case.

What kind of man continues to take advantage of a girl that's drunk and has said "No?" I don't get it.

The guy bought himself out of trouble. As simple as that. Regardless of what the DA says BR's high profile has made the DA extremely cautious in prosecuting. There are others who have gone to jail for less and even when the "victim" agreed it was consensual.

In some other reports it was noted that the jury took about 20 mins to throw the case out. But because she was under aged (He just turned 18), mandatory stat rape laws went into effect. Ironically he would have been better off being found guilty on the rape charge. The boy's name is Marcus Dixon. He was supposed to go to Vanderbilt before all this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Dixon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/jan/23/usa.garyyounge

Anybody who thinks wealth & position didn't play a part in this, is just super naive. BR might not have been charged with rape, but there probably are other legal instruments (esp. in the state of GA) that could have been used to pursue this case. Difficult case? Sure. But the DA took a look at who BR was and what kind of resources he would have access to and decided not to hock the resources of the state of GA to go after BR.

The girl should have exercised better judgment certainly. But she was literally, legally and figuratively screwed.

C

ps Having a DTF pendant on yourself should not make you a sexual target. WTF?