Email space at work

JoeFerguson

Especially the attachments on your SENT mail. Since you attached it you most likely have a copy on your hard drive.

:rolleyes:

God forbid people actually delete those. You never know when you'll want to get a chuckle out of that 5MB video file you just forwarded to 10 coworkers

Yes I can archive, but it is not the same since it's stored locally on my computer. I want the onus to be on someone else, like the IT DEPARTMENT!!! Store it on the server!

Ok, I'm the idiot.

I just want to be taught to fish. You guys always have to be so smug.

doesnt sound like you want to be taught to fish in the first post :rolleyes:

I have no idea what my limit is (from a quick question to an IT guy, probably 2 gig). I, as others suggested, use archiving rules to ditch most stuff in 6 months. I routinely e-mail stuff with screen shots and such eating up a meg or so and those stay in the Sent folder for 6 months. However, I do save all conversations about work in separate folders (stripping out any attachments) going back 2 and a half years.

You know why I don't have any memory issues? I don't use my work e-mail for personal use. If I talk to someone by e-mail it is on my yahoo account. Oh and I warn anyone that I correspond with that please keep any conversations as if we were in a public area. Why? Well since this thread has turned decidedly IT, the bastards are notorious snoops. :rolleyes: