Clausen will be gone before we pick, so lets stop talking about him

JustMaxx

seattle and cleveland have serious needs at a long term QB.

so may oakland, bc russell is terrible and if they had even an average QB they might win 8 games or more

and washington has mcnabb for one year, who knows if theyll want to give him another contract.

these teams may have other needs, but QB is the most important position, as we know.

lets just accept we will be choosing between B. Graham, Bulaga/Davis, & Dan Williams.

Hopefully we go Tebow or lefevour in a later round and develop them.

Dont hate me...

This is the first thread i open, today is going to suck.

I can't promise this...

The Walrus is bsing... Clausen to Cleveland.

I don't think so. The browns have big needs in their secondary among other areas.

Who knows what will happen with Rogers airport gun fiasco. I think Clausen makes it to #9

and if Buffalo passes, who knows how far he drops.

It was clear to me Clausen would be the Brown's pick a few days ago after reading about Clausen's pro day and the fact that Holmgren spent a good amount of time with him. Holmgren just has to sweat out the KC (Weis connection) and Seattle (opportunity for solid replacement for Hassellback) picks. I agree with the OP that Bills fans shouldn't even worry about Clausen, unless they feel there's a chance the Bills would move up to get him.

Since Seattle has Hasselbeck & just traded for & gave big bucks to Whitehurst as Hasselbeck's replacement, why would anyone think that Carroll would even think of drafting a QB in the 1st round?

I would be surprised if Seattle takes him too, but I don't think they have THAT much invested in Whitehurst in picks or money that they'll pass on Clausen if they think he's the next great QB. Maybe they see Whitehurst as just a good value that they can sucker some franchise into giving them a 1st round pick after 1 or 2 successful starts.

Nah..no team would be that stupid...

As Philly has showed you, too many QBs is a good thing.

seattle and cleveland have serious needs at a long term QB.

so may oakland, bc russell is terrible and if they had even an average QB they might win 8 games or more

and washington has mcnabb for one year, who knows if theyll want to give him another contract.

these teams may have other needs, but QB is the most important position, as we know.

lets just accept we will be choosing between B. Graham, Bulaga/Davis, & Dan Williams.

Hopefully we go Tebow or lefevour in a later round and develop them.

Dont hate me...

As long as Ralph is in charge of the draft, think bust, reach, makes-no-sense draft pick. If RW has any say I think we'll take the 3rd best safety at #9!.

As long as Ralph is in charge of the draft, think bust, reach, makes-no-sense draft pick. If RW has any say I think we'll take the 3rd best safety at #9!.

Does anyone really know for sure if Ralph puts his 2 cents in when it comes to who we draft? i hear this often but what proof do you guys have? from all the info i have gathered, i feel he lets the people he puts in charge make those decisions. It's just pure speculation on your part. I know you like to bash Ralph, but is it really fair?

Since Seattle has Hasselbeck & just traded for & gave big bucks to Whitehurst as Hasselbeck's replacement, why would anyone think that Carroll would even think of drafting a QB in the 1st round?

Smartest post on this thread. Including mine.