Kyle Williams

Do we know what that defense is? Is it a true 3-4? Everything I've read says 3-4 hybrid. Also, if it is a true 3-4 is it for certain that it is a 2 gap system? Or could it play to his strength and allow him to remain playing as a 1 gap nose.

good questions. considering that there were very few posters that even understood the defense of the previous regime, even after 3 years, i doubt any of us are capable of making reasonable assumptions regarding the new scheme.

I'm very curious as to what the S&C coaches have mapped out for kyle. Will he be adding weight for the NT or what??.... That will be a big indicator IMO

Yes very good thought indeed. I think they can beef him up and make him bigger, stronger and faster. I had started a post a few weeks ago about trading him to the Colts for thier 1st, as it kinda makes sense. I wouldnt trade him for anything less. Some people think that is so ludicrous but way too often you see teams miss and draft a 1st round bust. Williams is a proven player that would be great for Indy's scheme IMO. But i love the guy cuz he is totaly blue collared and tougher than ****.

I think it makes sense to shop any player on your team if u get the sense that there is more value for your team in a trade. I would absolutely shop the guy, doesn't mean you have to come to terms, but at least get an understanding of what you are saying no to before you say no.

I love Kyle. Who doesn't. But if he is going to be underutilized here I'd rather have a high draft pick and get a stud rookie that can help in other areas.

I agree that you should at least see what offers are out there, but the Broncos cant even get a 1st round pick for Brandon Marshall. the idea that we could get a 1st for Kyle Williams is ridiculous. We're looking at maybe a 3rd and conditional (about a 5th). Not worth it, IMO.

No we shouldn't trade Kyle Willams or Lee Evens. you build around your best players, unless they are TO.

If we build this team around a WR then the bills wont be going anywhere. You build a team from the inside out... Top WR are the last piece to the puzzle

If we build this team around a WR then the bills wont be going anywhere. You build a team from the inside out... Top WR are the last piece to the puzzle

i dont thnk he really meant that the blueprint for building a team starts at "WR", as much as he meant that when you're rebuilding, you have to keep the top talent you have and upgrade around them.

if Lee Evans is your best WR, then you cut Reed and upgrade your team by replacing Reed with someone equal to, or better than, Evans.

I just checked the roster and they have some guys that are close to fitting the NT mold.

Favorite, Marlon DT 6-1 317

Duncan, Rashaad DT 6-2 315

Harvey, Lonnie DT 6-3 342

McCargo, John DT 6-2 307

Hopefully one of these guys will surprise at camp. This might be a position that McCargo's talents will fit. (crossing fingers)

Normally I wouldn't agree about mccargo. But I think it is odd that they haven't cut him. Buddy is pretty good at evaluating talent, so keeping him maybe he thinks he can fit somewhere. But I think it is still a longshot.

We won't get a low second for him. There is no use exaggerating the trade value of players on our team. I love Kyle but no team will give a low second for him. How many times have we read on this board that we need to upgrade DT and Kyle should be a backup and not a starter. Now he is worth a low second?

Weren't the colts ready to give us a 4th for mcargo?

I just checked the roster and they have some guys that are close to fitting the NT mold.

Favorite, Marlon DT 6-1 317

Duncan, Rashaad DT 6-2 315

Harvey, Lonnie DT 6-3 342

McCargo, John DT 6-2 307

Hopefully one of these guys will surprise at camp. This might be a position that McCargo's talents will fit. (crossing fingers)

As much as I'd Like to see McCargo make z difference, I just don't see him two-gapping.. I think Favorite might be the guy they like... Look for a day two pick on the Nose... Kyle Williams could be a beast at 320, but I think he's only 6'1... Kinda hard to put anymore weight on his bowling ball frame...

just say no to McCargo.

I'm willing to deal with Williams as a rotational player on the D-Line. But look at the rest of our Division, they all run the 3-4 and the NTs are:

Vince Wilfork

Kris Johnson

Jason Ferguson

Three of the best NTs in the league, if not THE 3 best. And we're going to field... John McCargo, or Lonnie Harvey? IMO, we need to find the best NT in the draft and try to get him. Then, it won't be so bad having Williams as a rotating player, and maybe McCargo for emergency situations.

At 306 lbs, Williams would be about 13 lbs heavier than Dallas NT Jay Ratliff, a 2-time pro bowler.

Leverage is the most important thing, and Williams plays with plenty of it. I don't necessarily think that he'll be a great NT, but there's no reason to think he won't be servicible. He reminds me a lot of Kelly Gregg of Baltimore, who's made a living at NT in their 3-4 hybrid playing at about 310 lbs.