I do not know about some of you

Like A Mofo

I am thrilled too.  BUT, come on man.  We don't have a dominant DE.  Let's put it that way.  We don't have a dominant OL'man.  We don't have a great QB, although it has been proven lately that you don't need a total stud.  Hell, if you really take a look, our 5 wins have been against teams with a combined record of 25-29.  Take away the Jets win, and it's even that much worse.  Although we all know the Jets aren't as good as their record.  Hell, the Jets still don't have a great win either. 

I love this little run, but if you looked at our schedule, we all expected that a run was entirely possible.  I didn't think we'd win today though!

Go Bills!  10-6 baby!

136771[/snapback]

Once you pull your head out of the pre-free agency period you might realize that good players who play to the scheme are what gets it done these days and not impossible pro-bowl laden rosters, which no longer exist.

Once you pull your head out of the pre-free agency period you might realize that good players who play to the scheme are what gets it done these days and not impossible pro-bowl laden rosters, which no longer exist.

136779[/snapback]

Yeah, cuz outside of the PATS, The Bucs talent laden defense, or the Rams loaded offense, or GB's offensive firepower, or Elways O.......

Don't always believe everything ESPN tells you! You need mucho talent or Bill Belicheck. Period!

Yeah, cuz outside of the PATS, The Bucs talent laden defense, or the Rams loaded offense, or GB's offensive firepower, or Elways O.......

Don't always believe everything ESPN tells you!  You need mucho talent or Bill Belicheck.  Period!

136785[/snapback]

Thats just it. I don't believe ANYthing ESPN tells me. Pats do not have anything close to the roster you speak of. They have GOOD players who are smart and play the scemes. Bucs have 2 great players on D, period. Rams are so overloaded on offense, they have Zero defense. GB has done it through the draft, and not at all with high round hype picks. Way to make my point for me, thanks!

Thats just it. I don't believe ANYthing ESPN tells me. Pats do not have anything close to the roster you speak of. They have GOOD players who are smart and play the scemes. Bucs have 2 great players on D, period. Rams are so overloaded on offense, they have Zero defense. GB has done it through the draft, and not at all with high round hype picks. Way to make my point for me, thanks!

136792[/snapback]

LOL, jesus, are you kidding me? I MEANT.....besides the PATS who have Belicheck.......The other SB winners of the most recent years.....lol......THE BUCS were loaded on D. The Rams were LOADED on O......the Ravens were loaded on D, the Broncos, the Pack......ummmmm, those were all free agent era teams.

LOADED!

Like I said, you need to be stacked or have Bill Belicheck. Period. Damn, did you honestly think I meant those teams of this year?

LOL, jesus, are you kidding me?  I MEANT.....besides the PATS who have Belicheck.......The other SB winners of the most recent years.....lol......THE BUCS were loaded on D.  The Rams were LOADED on O......the Ravens were loaded on D, the Broncos, the Pack......ummmmm, those were all free agent era teams.

LOADED!

Like I said, you need to be stacked or have Bill Belicheck.  Period.  Damn, did you honestly think I meant those teams of this year?

136801[/snapback]

The teams that win year in, year out right now in this league have balance. To be a super bowl winner with all efforts put into only one facet of the team, you need to have among the best EVER of those units (IE Raven D, rams O, Bucs D, ) which is highly unlikely and much more risky. Those teams just so happened to have shown up all around the same time but I don't believe that trend will continue. The mass player movement that goes on now was not occuring when GB and Denver were winning (with their balanced terams)

The teams that win year in, year out right now in this league have balance. To be a super bowl winner with all efforts put into only one facet of the team, you need to have among the best EVER of those units (IE Raven D, rams O, Bucs D, ) which is highly unlikely and much more risky. Those teams just so happened to have shown up all around the same time but I don't believe that trend will continue. The mass player movement that goes on now was not occuring when GB and Denver were winning (with their balanced terams)

136810[/snapback]

It most definately was occuring with the Pack and Denver. The Patriots are the aberration. And, maybe the Pats are setting the new way of building a roster......but if you give me the Pats roster with say.....most NFL coaches, I don't think it would work.

Not enough data to suggest that the Pats way of building a roster works! Plenty of data to suggest loaded teams still win the SB.

It most definately was occuring with the Pack and Denver.  The Patriots are the aberration.  And, maybe the Pats are setting the new way of building a roster......but if you give me the Pats roster with say.....most NFL coaches, I don't think it would work.

Not enough data to suggest that the Pats way of building a roster works!  Plenty of data to suggest loaded teams still win the SB.

136817[/snapback]

I beleive Pittsburgh and Phili have both subscribed to the balanced approach as well. :doh:

I beleive Pittsburgh and Phili have both subscribed to the balanced approach as well.  :doh:

136824[/snapback]

And I don't really believe either one of them are all that good. Philly is the best team in a HORRID conference. And Pittsburgh has always subscribed to that theory. As a matter of fact, they have always be known to be cheap asses in the Burgh for not spending money.

The Steelers will choke in the playoffs again, because THEY DON'T have quite enough talent. It's a recipe that's been killing them ever since their last Super Bowl victory.

Take it to the bank!

And I don't really believe either one of them are all that good.  Philly is the best team in a HORRID conference.  And Pittsburgh has always subscribed to that theory.  As a matter of fact, they have always be known to be cheap asses in the Burgh for not spending money.

The Steelers will choke in the playoffs again, because THEY DON'T have quite enough talent.  It's a recipe that's been killing them ever since their last Super Bowl.

Take it to the bank!

136843[/snapback]

Fair enough. Of Course if they lose, it will likely be to balanced NE. Now if the Colts win, your theory is correct and my foot goes into my mouth :doh:

Fair enough. Of Course if they lose, it will likely be to balanced NE. Now if the Colts win, your theory is correct and my foot goes into my mouth  :doh:

136846[/snapback]

Actually NO. I said the Pats roster with Belicheck is the key to their success. They have that. Until someone else does it, then, I think you need mucho talent. So, if NE wins......I credit a decent roster with Belicheck.

You need Pitt to win. I need, well, no one else can really do it except NE I don't think. So, NE is a push! lol

yes we will have a good team next year,maybe this team just misses the playoffs and thaey come back next year with a real hunger it happens in most sports u fall just short the year before and the next u r just a team that is really contending go bills