Dream Draft

Munch

We start off by trading our 2nd rd pick to Baltimore for Gaither.

Pick 9 rolls along, and teams (hopefully) come a callin. We wind up trading down to #28 (I know its a big drop, but hear me out) and receive their 2nd (60) and Shawne Merriman. Maybe a dream, maybe not too far off if we add a player or lower rd pick. Anyways, we got our LT and an OLB and still have a 1st and 2nd round pick. so here goes:

1.(28): Tim Tebow/Terrence Cody: We would need to take Tebow this high in order to get him IMO, if hes even still on the board. I honestly think he may be gone, If he is we go Terrence Cody here and shore up the NT position.

2.(60): Cam Thomas/Jared VeldHeer: If we get Tebow we got to go NT now. Thomas is there, grab him. If not the Linval Joseph wouldnt be bad. If we get Cody in round 1, go OT again and grab Jard Veldheer.

3.(72): Dorin Dickerson, WR/TE, Pittsburgh: Big guy, could be a QB best friend.

4.(107): Eric Norwood ILB South Carolina: Need LB help still, this kid is good.

5:(140): John Skelton QB Fordham: If we get Tebow or Skelton is gone, grab best OL available here

6:(178): Best OLB available

6:(192): Best Player available here on out

This for me would be a dream draft day, er weekend, for the Bills. We may ACTUALLY have a decent start to a winning team then.

What say you?

Pretty good draft, however I don't think we would get Merriman in the deal to 28. I'd say the 2nd plus another mid-round pick is more likely.

And I don't think Norwood will be on the board in the 4th. The kid is a player and has good football smarts and I would not be against picking him up in the 3rd.

Pretty good draft, however I don't think we would get Merriman in the deal to 28. I'd say the 2nd plus another mid-round pick is more likely.

And I don't think Norwood will be on the board in the 4th. The kid is a player and has good football smarts and I would not be against picking him up in the 3rd.

Yeah If Norwood is gone, and i agree he may too, I would get a WR here. Maybe Jordan Shipley or Riley Cooper.

Pick 9 rolls along, and teams (hopefully) come a callin. We wind up trading down to #28 (I know its a big drop, but hear me out) and receive their 2nd (60) and Shawne Merriman. Maybe a dream, maybe not too far off if we add a player or lower rd pick. Anyways, we got our LT and an OLB and still have a 1st and 2nd round pick. so here goes:

1.(28): Tim Tebow/Terrence Cody: We would need to take Tebow this high in order to get him IMO, if hes even still on the board. I honestly think he may be gone, If he is we go Terrence Cody here and shore up the NT position.

2.(60): Cam Thomas/Jared VeldHeer: If we get Tebow we got to go NT now. Thomas is there, grab him. If not the Linval Joseph wouldnt be bad. If we get Cody in round 1, go OT again and grab Jard Veldheer.

5:(140): John Skelton QB Fordham: If we get Tebow or Skelton is gone, grab best OL available here

This for me would be a dream draft day, er weekend, for the Bills. We may ACTUALLY have a decent start to a winning team then.

What say you?

I like it...a lot :thumbsup: . But yeah it's a definitely a dream scenario.

2nd round for Gaither would be well worth it, but they have already said that a 2nd round pick will get the convo started...so that means they would probably want a little more...and did Merrimen even sign his tender yet?...no clue what's going on with that...we would probably offer him an obscene amount of money and still he'd be worth it...we should be working on that NOW...

My dream draft wouldn't involve Gaither though....I say make the move for Shawn...and then trade up to draft Okung or Bulaga...then in the third we draft Linval Joseph and call it a day...don't care who else we get...we get Bulaga, Merriman, and Joseph and we are IN the playoffs THIS season...Edwards or not

The problem is we're giving up a lot of ground in the 1st and 2nd round for players whom their own teams are willing to deal. Gaither, is a player who I know showed some promise early on and has been decent. I understand they like Oher, but if they really liked Gaither I don't think they'd let him leave for a 2nd rounder. Shawne Merriman at this point in his career isn't worth a swap of nearly 20 spots in the 1st round. He hasn't been close to the same since his injury and roids.

The problem is we're giving up a lot of ground in the 1st and 2nd round for players whom their own teams are willing to deal. Gaither, is a player who I know showed some promise early on and has been decent. I understand they like Oher, but if they really liked Gaither I don't think they'd let him leave for a 2nd rounder. Shawne Merriman at this point in his career isn't worth a swap of nearly 20 spots in the 1st round. He hasn't been close to the same since his injury and roids.

Swap AND their 2nd round pick, which is doable (maybe). if not throw in a player or late round pick and it would get done.

You're wrong about Merriman...they are spinning that in SD because they don't wanna cough up the dough for him...he was playing the last two seasons with injuries...he's healthy now and poised for a surprise comeback...plus he comes with that cool dance...if you could get away swapping picks for him YOU'VE MADE AN EXCELLENT DEAL...

Gaither is the product of having too many good Tackles...he's a bonafied starter with probowl potential...both are excellent players...I like Gaither ALOT...but still I'd rather get Bulaga or Okung...if they are off the board...most definitely trade for Gaither...

This is what I would like to see, sort of my "dream draft":

To start off all of the guys people are clamoring about around here are off the board. No Okung, no Bulaga, no Clausen, no Trent Williams. We swap our 1st round pick with Baltimore so they can move up to get Pierre-Paul, Rolando McClain, or Eric Berry if he falls this far, or possibly even Dan Williams. In return for the swap we get Gaither. So we drop from #9 to #25, but already have our LT. This is how the rest of the story plays out.

1st (#25) - Terrence Cody / NT / Alabama - Say what you want, but I believe this guy is going to be a top notch NT in the NFL.

2nd - Jerry Hughes / OLB / TCU - Hughes has the potential to be a dominant OLB in the 3-4.

3rd - J.D. Walton / C / Baylor - The guy is as good a C prospect as any in the draft. Would beat out Hangartner as a rook IMO.

4th - Tony Washington / OT / Abilene Christian - Personal things aside, this guy is a tremendous talent and could be a steal here.

5th - Donald Butler / ILB / Washington - Some people have him rated higher, but if here this could be great for us.

6th - Clay Harbor / TE / Missouri State - Not only a TE, but could line up in the backfield ala Chris Cooley to add another wrinkle.

6th - Sean Lauvao / OG / Arizona St. - Solid performer at ASU that could provide much needed depth.

7th - Dane Fletcher / OLB / Montana St. - Another pass rushing OLB. Can't have too many.

7th - Levi Brown / QB / Troy - Quick release and strong enough arm for the Buffalo winds. Upside with coachable weaknesses.

I believe this draft would have us set on the OL for years to come with Gaither on the swap, Walton, and Washington. Throw Wood and Levitre in there and we could have one of the best OL's in the league in a couple of years. Cody would be the answer in the middle we've all been waiting for. We would also have an instant pass rushing threat from the OLB spot in Hughes and another top prospect @ ILB in Butler. The rest of the guys are atleast good enough for depth on our squad if nothing else.

To start off all of the guys people are clamoring about around here are off the board. No Okung, no Bulaga, no Clausen, no Trent Williams. We swap our 1st round pick with Baltimore so they can move up to get Pierre-Paul, Rolando McClain, or Eric Berry if he falls this far, or possibly even Dan Williams. In return for the swap we get Gaither. So we drop from #9 to #25, but already have our LT. This is how the rest of the story plays out.

1st (#25) - Terrence Cody / NT / Alabama - Say what you want, but I believe this guy is going to be a top notch NT in the NFL.

2nd - Jerry Hughes / OLB / TCU - Hughes has the potential to be a dominant OLB in the 3-4.

3rd - J.D. Walton / C / Baylor - The guy is as good a C prospect as any in the draft. Would beat out Hangartner as a rook IMO.

4th - Tony Washington / OT / Abilene Christian - Personal things aside, this guy is a tremendous talent and could be a steal here.

5th - Donald Butler / ILB / Washington - Some people have him rated higher, but if here this could be great for us.

6th - Clay Harbor / TE / Missouri State - Not only a TE, but could line up in the backfield ala Chris Cooley to add another wrinkle.

6th - Sean Lauvao / OG / Arizona St. - Solid performer at ASU that could provide much needed depth.

7th - Dane Fletcher / OLB / Montana St. - Another pass rushing OLB. Can't have too many.

7th - Levi Brown / QB / Troy - Quick release and strong enough arm for the Buffalo winds. Upside with coachable weaknesses.

I believe this draft would have us set on the OL for years to come with Gaither on the swap, Walton, and Washington. Throw Wood and Levitre in there and we could have one of the best OL's in the league in a couple of years. Cody would be the answer in the middle we've all been waiting for. We would also have an instant pass rushing threat from the OLB spot in Hughes and another top prospect @ ILB in Butler. The rest of the guys are atleast good enough for depth on our squad if nothing else.

I think getting Donald Butler (Washington) the best ILB prospect in this draft in the 3rd round would be a steal, so I guess I'm one of those that has him rated higher than you. Butler does not come at a position of dire need for the Bills, so I don't see him ending up in a Bills uniform, but he'll be an immediate starter in the NFL either at weakside in a 4-3 or inside in a 3-4. He actually reminds me of Curtis Lofton, and Lofton's game has really taken off in Atlanta the past 2 seasons.

Seeing that DeMeco Ryans and Curtis Lofton were both early round 2 selections I can't see Butler escaping Round 2, which is why I'd love to have a shot at him in the 3rd. Picking up a solid starter in the 3rd round is ideal.

I think getting Donald Butler (Washington) the best ILB prospect in this draft in the 3rd round would be a steal, so I guess I'm one of those that has him rated higher than you. Butler does not come at a position on need for the Bills, so I don't see him ending up in a Bills uniform, but he'll be an immediate starter in the NFL either at weakside in a 4-3 or inside in a 3-4. He actually reminds me of Curtis Lofton, and Lofton's game has really taken off in Atlanta the past 2 seasons.

Split the difference....Nawrocki has his value pegged as an early 4th rounder.

I like this draft as well. The only problem is QB. I like Levi, but he likely will not solve the QB problem this year. If you are a TE believer, this is a real good draft. If you are with me, and may puke to see TE start another season for us, we need to address QB THIS year.

Other than that, is a VERY solid draft! :wallbash:

What say you?

If the Bills did this I would be pissed. We need to draft higher for OT help. The guys we have just aint cutting it. Also, this is a big reach for Tebow....shoot a high second round pick is a reach for him. He's a great talent and leader, but is going to require time to develop...at least a 2 yrs. First round should be the best OT available. Iknow its boring, but it's easy to lose site of how bad our O-line was this past yr...and everyone knew it going in due to the lack of emphasis placed on it over the yrs.

I like the Eric norwood pick. The guy is a playmaker for SC, despite the negative reviews post cmbine on him.