We should trade up

DarthICE

Now that you haters have seen the reviews of Bradfords pro day, the bottom line is this....he IS the next Franchise QB coming out for some team.

I am sick and tired of watching Buffalo !@#$ around with the damn QB position. !@#$ LT, !@#$ DT, get the god damn QB in here and then build around him.

the Godfather says it is the best he has seen in 21 years and you won't find many that will ever argue with him.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/29/bradfords-...s-crowd-in-awe/

Now that you haters have seen the reviews of Bradfords pro day, the bottom line is this....he IS the next Franchise QB coming out for some team.

I am sick and tired of watching Buffalo !@#$ around with the damn QB position. !@#$ LT, !@#$ DT, get the god damn QB in here and then build around him.

the Godfather says it is the best he has seen in 21 years and you won't find many that will ever argue with him.

Don't know about that but I do know the price to trade up (assuming Rams would want to) just went way up...

You and I disagree on Edwards, but we do agree on Bradford. I don't know that we could afford to trade what it would take to get Bradford (given all of our needs), but Bradford is the only QB that I would take in round 1. I would stay very far away from Jimmy C.

You and I disagree on Edwards, but we do agree on Bradford. I don't know that we could afford to trade what it would take to get Bradford (given all of our needs), but Bradford is the only QB that I would take in round 1. I would stay very far away from Jimmy C.

Question: which would be better (or worse) taking Clausen in the 1st round or Tebow in the 2nd??? Both could happen...and I believe one WILL happen...

Question: which would be better (or worse) taking Clausen in the 1st round or Tebow in the 2nd??? Both could happen...and I believe one WILL happen...

If you put a gun to my head and told me I had to choose between these two options, I would first think about telling you to pull the trigger. But after thinking about the fact that I want to spend many more years with my kids, I would choose Tebow in the second rather than Clausen with the 9th pick in the draft. If the Bills brain trust (Nix and Gailey) thought that they could make an NFL QB out of Tebow (as would be demonstrated by their picking him in the second round), I would trust their judgment on that.

Tebow (and this is coming from a Miami Hurricane fan) has a lot more character in my opinion than Clausen ever will have. You know that Tebow is going to do everything he can to help the team - whether that be improving as a QB, playing tight end, coming in as the wild cat QB, or whatever else they ask him to do.

Clausen, on the other hand, is not the kind of guy that I would want as my QB and have to pay the kind of money that we are going to have to pay the 9th pick in the draft. I know the ND guys have a man love for this guy (just as they did with Brady Quinn). Given the number of needs that we have, we can pick the best player available at number 9 rather than reach for Clausen at that spot. Later in the draft, I might consider him, but certainly not at number 9.

Yeah more and more against clausen is coming to light. He shoulda stayed another year.

If you put a gun to my head and told me I had to choose between these two options, I would first think about telling you to pull the trigger. But after thinking about the fact that I want to spend many more years with my kids, I would choose Tebow in the second rather than Clausen with the 9th pick in the draft. If the Bills brain trust (Nix and Gailey) thought that they could make an NFL QB out of Tebow (as would be demonstrated by their picking him in the second round), I would trust their judgment on that.

Tebow (and this is coming from a Miami Hurricane fan) has a lot more character in my opinion than Clausen ever will have. You know that Tebow is going to do everything he can to help the team - whether that be improving as a QB, playing tight end, coming in as the wild cat QB, or whatever else they ask him to do.

Clausen, on the other hand, is not the kind of guy that I would want as my QB and have to pay the kind of money that we are going to have to pay the 9th pick in the draft. I know the ND guys have a man love for this guy (just as they did with Brady Quinn). Given the number of needs that we have, we can pick the best player available at number 9 rather than reach for Clausen at that spot. Later in the draft, I might consider him, but certainly not at number 9.

+1

Every day you get more and more frantic about the qb issue. Cool down and take a chill pill. Your fantasy scenario is not only delusional but it has become farcical. You make a convincing point that you have to have a good qb to be a serious team. Well you are right. You are so absolutely right that the Rams are going to take your advice and finally get that caliber of qb you painfully desire.

The Rams passed on Matt Flynn when they had the opportunity to get him. They took DE Long. Last year the Rams passed on Sanchez and took an OT Smith. Do you think they are going to pass on Bradford and not take a franchise qb for the third consecutive year?

Instead of coveting a player that you can't get you have to stay composed and get an impact player which you can get. If the Bills believe that Clausen is a franchise qb and he is available then I'm all for it. But even if their evaluation of Clausen is positive that doesn't mean that he will be on the board when our turn comes up.

My position has consistently been that if the Bills can't get their qb franchise qb then they should move on and grap an OT who will upgrade the OL. In the second round if the Bills don't believe that any of the qbs left are franchise qbs then they should draft a player like NT Cam Thomas. Reaching for a pick to satisfy a need is foolish and self-defeating.

Every day you get more and more frantic about the qb issue. Cool down and take a chill pill. Your fantasy scenario is not only delusional but it has become farcical. You make a convincing point that you have to have a good qb to be a serious team. Well you are right. You are so absolutely right that the Rams are going to take your advice and finally get that caliber of qb you painfully desire.

The Rams passed on Matt Flynn when they had the opportunity to get him. They took DE Long. Last year the Rams passed on Sanchez and took an OT Smith. Do you think they are going to pass on Bradford and not take a franchise qb for the third consecutive year?

Instead of coveting a player that you can't get you have to stay composed and get an impact player which you can get. If the Bills believe that Clausen is a franchise qb and he is available then I'm all for it. But even if their evaluation of Clausen is positive that doesn't mean that he will be on the board when our turn comes up.

My position has consistently been that if the Bills can't get their qb franchise qb then they should move on and grap an OT who will upgrade the OL. In the second round if the Bills don't believe that any of the qbs left are franchise qbs then they should draft a player like NT Cam Thomas. Reaching for a pick to satisfy a need is foolish and self-defeating.

:thumbsup: he's so worked up about it he's convinced himself there is only 1 good player in the draft

You are totally correct, IMO. The Bills trading up to get Sam Bradford is a pipe dream. A crack pipe dream. I simply cannot see the Rams trading out of this pick.

:thumbsup: he's so worked up about it he's convinced himself there is only 1 good player in the draft

And that one player is not within reach. What are the chances that the Rams would pass up Bradford? Less than 1% if you ask me. The Rams need a quarterback. Bradford is the consensus best quarterback and many feel he is a legitimate, upper-echelon franchise quarterback.

Don't be silly. We have too many needs to sacrifice the picks it would take to move that high. Trade up? Bad idea.

good post :thumbsup:

I am Warming to Tebow, But dont want him in the second. But I think that is who we are getting.

Don't be silly. We have too many needs to sacrifice the picks it would take to move that high. Trade up? Bad idea.

Why do I have a horrible image Of Chan Gailey and Nix On the cover of SI or ESPN, Ala Mike Ditka after the NO trade for Ricky Williams....

iceman - i don't normally like to give up early draft picks but you may very well be right about this one - bradford is probably the closest thing we will see (or have seen in recent years) to a guy who can lead us into playoff contention for the next decade or so - but it comes down to the original question: the chicken or the egg - or in football terms the qb or the o-line. if we can lock up one of those up this year and lock up the other up next year then we will be fine for 5-9 years after the 2011 draft - so which do you concentrate on this year - if we can get bradford in a trade up this draft maybe we do just that and fix the rest of the o-line next year. and i am am a "everything begins and ends with the 0-line and d-line" guy - so this goes against my normal thinking which should show how much i think of bradford. with all that said we do have a some holes still to fill on the d front seven. it will make an interesting draft for us and provide an open window for us to peep through to see how gm nix and coach gailey think

Negative on the trade up.

TRADE DOWN, we aren't getting close to Bradford, you may as well hang it up.

However, trading down offers more picks for depth, there will be QB's in the next draft as well.

Nix needs to build a rock solid defense, I trade down if I were him and get as many 2nd and 3rd round picks as possible.

Clausen was much better than Brady Quinn as a collegiate QB. Not that I want him at 9. Pick him up later in round 1 after trading down or if he slips into the second, cool. It will all come down to his pro day. If he kills his like Bradford did all the negative talk about him will go away.

we don't have enough fire power anyway to trade up even if we traded all our draft picks. First pick= 3000 points 9th pick= 1350 points. Difference 1650 points. All our draft picks point value added up doesn't even come close.

Draft value chart- http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

But living in a fantasy world works or some I guess