My updated mock draft

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rd 1 Derrick Morgan G.T. The staff knows him well. Our pass rushing OLB .

Rd 2 Charles Brown OT USC. Money Maybin remembers him.

Rd 3 Linval Joseph NT East Carolina Big Fast Strong.

Rd 4 Ben Tate Auburn Great production. Great Value pick. Yeah 3 backs Lynch could be traded. Where I don`t know. Player or pick.

Morgan is to big to play OLB and would have to add weight to play end in the 3/4, cant argu with brown cause hes rated a 2nd round pick, but no way do you waste a 3rd on a player from a small college who`s rated no higher than a 5th, and again tate is rated as a 4th.

Morgan is to big to play OLB and would have to add weight to play end in the 3/4, cant argu with brown cause hes rated a 2nd round pick, but no way do you waste a 3rd on a player from a small college who`s rated no higher than a 5th, and again tate is rated as a 4th.

Morgan too big?? Oh I see you still like those little 4-3 Jauron type backers..Hmmnn

Do you really think Clausen is worth the pick? I think these USC tackles are usually good. I think Morgan could be a force. Just my opinion. Who do you like?

I want Morgan and D. Thomas, both from G-Tech...

...but USC tackles have not been too good...Winston Justice doesn't even start for Philly and he has been in the league for a few years now, or a couple at least. Who else is there that has been worthy of a 1st round pick, OT from USC?

Morgan too big?? Oh I see you still like those little 4-3 Jauron type backers..Hmmnn

No i do not like those small linebackers, but he`s listed at 272 so either he drops 20 for OLB which would probably make him quicker or he adds 15 to 20 to be able to handle the tackle/guard combo`s he be seeing on the line. it`s how it works in the 3/4. oh and i just watched aton of film on the so called top tackles and brown looked better than trent williams, brian bulaga, and anthony davis. bruce campbell was second to brown and ducasse came in third.

I think its a great draft. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Those who disagree with this draft follow the typical Bills fan mindset. Ie, they would like us to "reach" in the draft in order to fill holes. Maybin was an example of that gone bad, so was McKelvin (I know he hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself yet, but his coverage skills are still very iffy, injury or no injury). I like Lynch, but Lynch was even an example of that.

The Bills need to build through the lines. If Bulaga and Okung are gone by 9, I think the Bills seriously need to evaluate how much of a risk they want to take on Davis and Campbell. Both represent contradictions to Nix's philosophy (college players with a strong 2-4 year track record of excellence). T. Williams is a candidate, but putting him at LT is risky IMO. Could he adapt? Sure. But, his track record is anything but solid at LT. The guy is going to be a RT long term and the Bills can find an RT in later rounds.

I think that at pick 9, the Bills need to take the best player available for either their defensive front 7 (Kindle, Morgan, McClain, Graham) or for their O-Line (we all know the names of the OT candidates at the 9 spot). With Bulaga and Okung likely gone, the Bills will have their pick of the top pass rushing linebacker/DE on the draft board and I don't think they should hesitate to pull the trigger if the right guy is there.

It is very likely that Davis or Campbell will fall. The Bills can always trade back into the 1st to acquire one of these guys if they like.

If that is the gameplan, trading down HAS to be the mindset. While Morgan is the only one capable of playing DE in a 3-4, he'd probably be playing OLB for us. Trade down and draft kindle, graham, Hughes, Weatherspoon, Pierre-Paul or Dunlap while acquiring additional picks. This draft is is rich with talent in rounds 2 and 3. It would be nice to have 3-4 picks in round 2 and 3.

No i do not like those small linebackers, but he`s listed at 272 so either he drops 20 for OLB which would probably make him quicker or he adds 15 to 20 to be able to handle the tackle/guard combo`s he be seeing on the line. it`s how it works in the 3/4. oh and i just watched aton of film on the so called top tackles and brown looked better than trent williams, brian bulaga, and anthony davis. bruce campbell was second to brown and ducasse came in third.

He`s listed 6-3 266 Here are some good olbs his size

Woodley steelers 265 lbs

Merriman Bolts 265lbs

Philips bolts 262lbs

Suggs 260 lbs

English bolts 255lbs

Their probably are more but I`m too lazy to look . Pretty good bunch I must admit.

Rd 1 Derrick Morgan G.T. The staff knows him well. Our pass rushing OLB .

Rd 2 Charles Brown OT USC. Money Maybin remembers him.

Rd 3 Linval Joseph NT East Carolina Big Fast Strong.

Rd 4 Ben Tate Auburn Great production. Great Value pick. Yeah 3 backs Lynch could be traded. Where I don`t know. Player or pick.

Rd 1 Bulago/Trent Williams

Rd 2 Cam Thomas NT

Rd 3 or 4th Wasington LT Texas Abilene Christian/Troubled history is in the past.

Then go with the best players on your own board. This year should be dedicated to getting bigger and stronger. Start with the lines and then work out.

Rd 1 Bulago/Trent Williams

Rd 2 Cam Thomas NT

Rd 3 or 4th Wasington LT Texas Abilene Christian/Troubled history is in the past.

Then go with the best players on your own board. This year should be dedicated to getting bigger and stronger. Start with the lines and then work out.

I hope Bulaga falls to us or we trade down, because everything else falls into place--you can take your NT second and BPA for the lines in RD3. If we're trying to grab a left tackle later on, it means pickings are slim. Starting off with your awesome 1-3 (which would make me do the Happy Dance):

Rd 1 Bulaga LT

Rd 2 Cam Thomas NT or Terrence Cody NT

RD 3 Washington LT

RD 4 Mardy Gilyard WRS Cincy or Ben Tate RB (or both, if I trade Lynch)

RD 5 Lindsey Witten OLB34 Connecticut

RD 6 Blair White WRF Michigan State

RD 6 Vince Oghobaase DE34 Duke

RD 7 Freddie Barnes WRF Bowling Green

RD 7 Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma State

I hope Bulaga falls to us or we trade down, because everything else falls into place--you can take your NT second and BPA for the lines in RD3. If we're trying to grab a left tackle later on, it means pickings are slim. Starting off with your awesome 1-3 (which would make me do the Happy Dance):

Rd 1 Bulaga LT

Rd 2 Cam Thomas NT or Terrence Cody NT

RD 3 Washington LT

RD 4 Mardy Gilyard WRS Cincy or Ben Tate RB (or both, if I trade Lynch)

RD 5 Lindsey Witten OLB34 Connecticut

RD 6 Blair White WRF Michigan State

RD 6 Vince Oghobaase DE34 Duke

RD 7 Freddie Barnes WRF Bowling Green

RD 7 Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma State

does anybody watch game film on players before they do thier mocks. bulaga and williams are right tackles, and davis is a 50/50 shot.

does anybody watch game film on players before they do thier mocks. bulaga and williams are right tackles, and davis is a 50/50 shot.

Yeah and like I posted before and showed you some great OLBs in the 3-4 with similar size and some with not as much speed.

Yeah I do watch film and read- some say Williams and Bulaga are more suited as RTs and some say Davis shouldn't be picked in the first round, and some say Williams could be the first OT taken, and some say that Campbell is really the prototype OT and some say he's just a workout warrior- and some say that Charles Brown is the best pass blocking LT in the draft and if he shows that he's gained bulk and strength during his pro day that he should be the first OT taken- I say, and that's what really important is at this moment they fall like this- Okung, Bulaga, Williams, Campbell, Brown, Davis- after Brown and Davis work out March 30 and 31 they will fall Okung, Brown, Bulaga, Williams, Campbell, Davis.

Yeah I do watch film and read- some say Williams and Bulaga are more suited as RTs and some say Davis shouldn't be picked in the first round, and some say Williams could be the first OT taken, and some say that Campbell is really the prototype OT and some say he's just a workout warrior- and some say that Charles Brown is the best pass blocking LT in the draft and if he shows that he's gained bulk and strength during his pro day that he should be the first OT taken- I say, and that's what really important is at this moment they fall like this- Okung, Bulaga, Williams, Campbell, Brown, Davis- after Brown and Davis work out March 30 and 31 they will fall Okung, Brown, Bulaga, Williams, Campbell, Davis.

Yeah some of it has to be a little bit of luck and what the coaches can get out of these guys. I don`t like players that seem stiff and have herky jerky movements ala Money Maybin. Hopefully they can work on Maybins spazzy type movements.

Yes I do, and the company I work for does too. Bulaga will be the 2nd best LT in this draft.

Agree with this order. Brown is predominantly a zone blocker on film and of less interest to us (unless Gailey is planning on changing his tune on O and D). Williams and Campbell will be good players, and I think Iupati is a tackle when all is said and done.

Agree with this order. Brown is predominantly a zone blocker on film and of less interest to us (unless Gailey is planning on changing his tune on O and D). Williams and Campbell will be good players, and I think Iupati is a tackle when all is said and done.

how does davis show on film seems to me that that he had couple of immature days and suddenly he falls from top 10 to out of the first round

how does davis show on film seems to me that that he had couple of immature days and suddenly he falls from top 10 to out of the first round

The bad news and the good news is that he looks like Jason Peters. Light on his feet, he'll make an incredible block on one play and then whiff on a downfield block on the next. Watch #75 here

and you'll get the idea.

The bad news and the good news is that he looks like Jason Peters. Light on his feet, he'll make an incredible block on one play and then whiff on a downfield block on the next. Watch #75 here

and you'll get the idea.

thanks that was great

To me he looked pretty good in the pitt and south fla game film , I believe they both have big time pass rushers

If he fell into the 20's and we miss out of Buluga or okung , I wouldn't mind trading back into the first for him

I live 10 mins from R.u and of course everyone one know everyone but for what it is worth anyone you take says he is a good kid just has a lazy streak .

Yeah and like I posted before and showed you some great OLBs in the 3-4 with similar size and some with not as much speed.

i`d rather have jerry hughes than morgan as my pass rush OLB, and for OT i`d prefer Brown, Campbell, Ducasse, or Fox

over Bulaga, Williams, or Davis. and of course if Okung droped i`d snag in a heartbeat. and i have watched alot of video to make my choices.