We Only Have 5 Receivers

San-O

The Bills currently have only 5 receivers on the roster, and two of them are rookies. This doesn't seem good. When you consider Josh Reed is a bust, which he is, (flame away) and the Bills rank 30'th in receiving yards/game, (I know

Bledsoe is largely responsible for this, flame away), we really still need to draft

a starting receiver and o-line help.

Oh wait, we have no first round pick. I forgot.

This brings up another good point about getting rid of Moulds. A lot of people here think that this is the path the Bills should take in the offseason. But IF you do that and you consider Reed a bust (which again many do), here is what you are left with:

-Evans

-Aiken

-Reed

-Freddie

Not exactly the WR corp I would like to have when we turn the reigns over to JP. It would be nice to give him some targets so he doesn't get killed or lose confidence.

There will some very good WR FA on the market this offseason. Although I for one don´t think we need an extra WR. Reed is OK, and Moulds/Evans/Aiken are a very good trio.

135626[/snapback]

Lee Evans

Josh Reed

Sam Aiken

Between the three of them above, they only have combined for 34 catches

for the entire season. Well, ten games.

I think the Bills are in OK shape at WR. Moulds is still a good player and good things usually happen on those rare instances when Bledsoe actually throws the ball to Evans. Aiken has shown me enough to believe that he can be, at least, an OK #3. It probably wouldn't hurt the Bills to draft a WR early on the 2nd day next year, but I don't think its a pressing need. As for Josh Reed, he'll probably get one more year, but at this point, I certainly can't disagree with anyone saying he's a bust. He has been to this point.

I think the Bills are in OK shape at WR.  Moulds is still a good player and good things usually happen on those rare instances when Bledsoe actually throws the ball to Evans.  Aiken has shown me enough to believe that he can be,  at least,  an OK #3.   It probably wouldn't hurt the Bills to draft a WR early on the 2nd day next year,  but I don't think its a pressing need.  As for Josh Reed,  he'll probably get one more year,  but at this point,  I certainly can't disagree with anyone saying he's a bust.  He has been to this point.

135815[/snapback]

Where and when?

:doh:

Aiken has like 6 catches this season. IR and a knee injury?

===============================================

2003:

Was on the 53-man roster for the first 11 weeks of the season and appeared in five games…played in each of games 6-10 after being inactive for the season's first five games…caught his first pass as a pro with an 18-yard grab at NYJ (10/12)…also had a catch at Dallas (11/9) and a career-long 19-yarder vs. Hou. (11/16)…suffered a knee injury in practice prior to the Indy game (11/23); was inactive for the Colts contest and was placed on IR on 11/26…in addition to three receptions, had four tackles on special team coverage.

===============================================

I didn't say he was there yet. In addition, much like Evans, he also suffers from a lack of opportunities. The only real knock against him even before the injury was that he lacked blazing speed. If he can still run, then I think he brings enough to the table to be decent. I'm not saying the Bills couldn't do better, but given a little more time, I think Aiken will become a capable depth player.

That´s because Bledsoe locks onto Moulds on the road, and doesn´t throw to anybody else.

135645[/snapback]

On the road and at home! That is my biggest beef with Drew, he should be hitting 8-10 different WRs, TEs, and RBs a game. Why are we seeing so many passes thrown to Moulds in double coverage when we should be seeing more dump off passes to McGahee and our TEs?