NT in round 1 - NO

If there were a dominant NT available to the Bills in the first, I would support taking him. However, I don't see one

in the draft worth taking in the first, let alone as high as 9th.

Too many varied opinions on Dan Williams, but NONE of them say he is a dominating run-stuffing machine who will

really set the line in an NFL 3-4. They read more like "he has power and will do the dirty work in the trenches". That

doesn't scream 9th overall pick to me.

Beyond Williams, there are few true NT candidates that I'd even want in the 2nd. Scouts don't agree on Cam Thomas

from NC - some rate him highly, others think little of him. I am not a big Terrence Cody fan - anyone who can't be

bothered to get in shape for a job interview that could land him $Millions has to scare you.

From what I've read, the remaining candidates are more 3rd-4th round guys: Torell Troup, Linval Joseph and maybe

Al Woods.

While I think that NT is a very key position for a team that aspires to run a 3-4, I do not advocate reaching for one

in the 1st or 2nd "just to get one".

Finding a true 3-4 NT is very hard. If an average one becomes availible in the draft, I believe you take him!

LT's are easier to get in the draft or Free Agency next year!

Yes, I agree that they are hard to find. But, why would you want an average one? I can't think of any very

good 3-4 defenses with average NTs. Round one is too high (IMHO) to take an average player whom you

will be trying to replace shortly after drafting him.

I'd just as soon they backtrack on their decision to go 3-4 and stay with the 4-3. Seems there are more

good 4-3 DTs and ends this year than 3-4 NTs or ends. Why fight what's available? I thought this coaching

staff's claim to fame was not being married to a particular scheme. Doesn't seem to be the case on defense

as they seem committed to changing to 3-4 regardless of whether they have the personnel to make it work.

Yes, I agree that they are hard to find. But, why would you want an average one? I can't think of any very

good 3-4 defenses with average NTs. Round one is too high (IMHO) to take an average player whom you

I'd just as soon they backtrack on their decision to go 3-4 and stay with the 4-3. Seems there are more

good 4-3 DTs and ends this year than 3-4 NTs or ends. Why fight what's available? I thought this coaching

staff's claim to fame was not being married to a particular scheme. Doesn't seem to be the case on defense

as they seem committed to changing to 3-4 regardless of whether they have the personnel to make it work.

Trade down and draft him!

Dan Williams is good run stuffer. The Bills were last the NFL in rushing defense! Build a defense and then go get your QB

Rd 1. Dan Williams

Rd 2. Everson Griffin

Jeez guys, haven't you seen enough defensive players taken the last few years with those first few picks?

09 Aaron Maybin DE 11th pick, coulda had Brian Orakpo LB-Michael Oher OT- Percey Harvin WR

08 Leodis McKelvin DB 11th pick, coulda had Ryan Clady OT- Chris Johnson RB- Joe Flacco QB- Ray Rice RB- DeSean Jackson WR

07 Marshawn Lynch RB 12th pick...made the pro bowl

06 Donte Whitner S 8th pick John McCargo DT 26th pick coulda had Jay Cutler-Haloti Ngata DT-DeAngelo Williams RB-Nick Mangold C- ROMAN HARPER S- Marcus Mcneill OT-Davin Joeseph G-Joseph Addai RB Maurice Jones Drew RB

05 traded away to Dallas for JP Losman- Jamal Brown OT-Aaron Rodgers QB-Roddy White WR-Heath Miller TE- Logan Mankins G- Michael Roos OT

04 Lee Evans WR 13th pick & JP Losman 22nd pick

So basically JP Losman cost the Bills 2 first round picks, wise choice to have rookie offensive coordinators develop him... :rolleyes:

I think that we take the best nose tackle available, regardless of opinions about 3-4/4-3 defenses. We have a pretty solid NT in Kyle Williams. He can handle his job there better than people think. He was all ready taking up a lot of double teams last year because he couldn't be stopped one on one. In a 3-4 will he get tired? Yes, but that does not mean that we have to draft a 3-4 nose tackle. Another Kyle Williams would be awesome. They could spell each other and on every down they could also be a pass rush threat.

Think about it. If we get a Big nose tackle and he plays on running plays and Kyle on passing, how quickly do you think the offenses will pick up on that. No way should we go after a huge 3-4 nose. We can play the 3-4 just fine with Kyle, but it would be wise to get another guy just like him in there.

Besides, LT is a more pressing need.

WOW!! you must have been a Jauron fan . The stats from last year say it all this team needs change, not like that of our Pres. either, at least i give these guys credit for doing something to get better. Besides they said it will probably be a hybrid type 3-4 . I think it will be interesting tosee what Gailey & Edwards have up there sleave !!

If there were a dominant NT available to the Bills in the first, I would support taking him. However, I don't see one

in the draft worth taking in the first, let alone as high as 9th.

Too many varied opinions on Dan Williams, but NONE of them say he is a dominating run-stuffing machine who will

really set the line in an NFL 3-4. They read more like "he has power and will do the dirty work in the trenches". That

doesn't scream 9th overall pick to me.

Beyond Williams, there are few true NT candidates that I'd even want in the 2nd. Scouts don't agree on Cam Thomas

from NC - some rate him highly, others think little of him. I am not a big Terrence Cody fan - anyone who can't be

bothered to get in shape for a job interview that could land him $Millions has to scare you.

From what I've read, the remaining candidates are more 3rd-4th round guys: Torell Troup, Linval Joseph and maybe

Al Woods.

While I think that NT is a very key position for a team that aspires to run a 3-4, I do not advocate reaching for one

in the 1st or 2nd "just to get one".

If you're waiting for the scouts to all agree, you will wait a long, long time. They didn't agree on Peyton Manning, for Pete's sake. People are questioning whether Ndamukong Suh is a one-year wonder. There's no such thing as unanimity.

As for Williams, read this: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010danwilliams.php

"A true force against the run."

"Can play 0 or 1 techniques (3-4 or 4-3 nose tackle)"

"my No. 1 ranked nose tackle. "

And this: http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/...n-Williams.html

"Skinny: Williams is a great run stopper. He can get movement up front and cause plays to break down, forcing opposing players to try and make something out of nothing. He is big and strong, yet agile when manning up with any defender who wishes to take him on."

"Senior Bowl Riser: Williams was an absolute brick wall that constantly played low, enabling him to gain leverage on blockers. The large tackle routinely locked up his adversaries and opened up clean lanes for linebackers to swoop in for the tackle. In addition, Williams did a marvelous job of recognizing a delayed screen play and held the intended target at the line of scrimmage, forcing the quarterback to throw the ball away."

And this: http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...an-Williams.php

"Fantastic brute strength "

"Outstanding run defender --- Stout at the point of attack --- Able to take on and occupy multiple blockers --- Gets a nice push up the middle -"

"The type whose true value can't always be measured by looking at the stat sheet "

All of these sites have negatives on him, too, but again, every single player does. One fairly consistent negative about Williams is that he isn't much of a pass rusher. We can live with that.

If you're waiting for the scouts to all agree, you will wait a long, long time. They didn't agree on Peyton Manning, for Pete's sake. People are questioning whether Ndamukong Suh is a one-year wonder. There's no such thing as unanimity.

As for Williams, read this: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010danwilliams.php

"A true force against the run."

"Can play 0 or 1 techniques (3-4 or 4-3 nose tackle)"

"my No. 1 ranked nose tackle. "

And this: http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/...n-Williams.html

"Skinny: Williams is a great run stopper. He can get movement up front and cause plays to break down, forcing opposing players to try and make something out of nothing. He is big and strong, yet agile when manning up with any defender who wishes to take him on."

"Senior Bowl Riser: Williams was an absolute brick wall that constantly played low, enabling him to gain leverage on blockers. The large tackle routinely locked up his adversaries and opened up clean lanes for linebackers to swoop in for the tackle. In addition, Williams did a marvelous job of recognizing a delayed screen play and held the intended target at the line of scrimmage, forcing the quarterback to throw the ball away."

And this: http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...an-Williams.php

"Fantastic brute strength "

"Outstanding run defender --- Stout at the point of attack --- Able to take on and occupy multiple blockers --- Gets a nice push up the middle -"

"The type whose true value can't always be measured by looking at the stat sheet "

All of these sites have negatives on him, too, but again, every single player does. One fairly consistent negative about Williams is that he isn't much of a pass rusher. We can live with that.

With Williams maybe the Jets won't run for a 1,000 yds in 2 games!