Our 1st round pick will be Defense

I always thought that the Bills should go with an offensive lineman with their first pick, but doing some research I believe the depth of tackles in this draft is so big we can get a solid devensive guy with our first and still be able to get great lineman in the later rounds, however there are only two players I would select ahead of these lineman.

The teams with offensive tackle needs are: Buffalo (9), Cleveland (7), Pittsburg (18), Indianapolis (31), Kansas City (5), Oakland (8), San Diego (28), Dallas (27), Wash (4), Arizona (26), Seattle (6), and San Fransico (13 & 17).

Washington's pick could be OT, but if Bradford or Claussen are still on the board, Im sure Mike Shannahan would love to try and groom another Elway.

KC might go OT as well, however it wouldn't surprise me to take Dez Bryant and add to Cassel's arsenal.

Seattle, Cleveland, and Oakland all need tackles but there are stronger needs in other areas that they should focus on first.

That brings the Bills up with only two left tackles off the board, ideally the Bills coulda trade down stockpile picks and still grab a high profile tackle. If they can't trade Buffalo would be best to go with McClain and believe it or not Brandon Graham.

McClain to me is an obvious choice IF he is still there. I know you all know the stories and history already with him and the 3-4 so i wont annoy you and repeat it.

Im surprised Grahams name hasn't been brought up much on this board. The dude is a monster and can make the transformation to OLB very easily. He showed how much heart and effort he brings to all the coaches in the Senior Bowl and has been continuing to impress scouts with his workouts and work ethic.

If McClain is there, we need him; If not Graham is going to be a star and would fit perfectly in Buffalo.

I always thought that the Bills should go with an offensive lineman with their first pick, but doing some research I believe the depth of tackles in this draft is so big we can get a solid devensive guy with our first and still be able to get great lineman in the later rounds, however there are only two players I would select ahead of these lineman.

The teams with offensive tackle needs are: Buffalo (9), Cleveland (7), Pittsburg (18), Indianapolis (31), Kansas City (5), Oakland (8), San Diego (28), Dallas (27), Wash (4), Arizona (26), Seattle (6), and San Fransico (13 & 17).

Washington's pick could be OT, but if Bradford or Claussen are still on the board, Im sure Mike Shannahan would love to try and groom another Elway.

KC might go OT as well, however it wouldn't surprise me to take Dez Bryant and add to Cassel's arsenal.

Seattle, Cleveland, and Oakland all need tackles but there are stronger needs in other areas that they should focus on first.

That brings the Bills up with only two left tackles off the board, ideally the Bills coulda trade down stockpile picks and still grab a high profile tackle. If they can't trade Buffalo would be best to go with McClain and believe it or not Brandon Graham.

McClain to me is an obvious choice IF he is still there. I know you all know the stories and history already with him and the 3-4 so i wont annoy you and repeat it.

Im surprised Grahams name hasn't been brought up much on this board. The dude is a monster and can make the transformation to OLB very easily. He showed how much heart and effort he brings to all the coaches in the Senior Bowl and has been continuing to impress scouts with his workouts and work ethic.

If McClain is there, we need him; If not Graham is going to be a star and would fit perfectly in Buffalo.

We just signed McClain, his name is Andra Davis. We are good at ILB, we don't need another one that high in the draft. We have too many more pressing needs than ILB especially with the latest FA pickup. We should go LT, but if not then NT or QB. So tired of hearing McCalin at #9....NO WAY!

We just signed McClain, his name is Andra Davis. We are good at ILB, we don't need another one that high in the draft. We have too many more pressing needs than ILB especially with the latest FA pickup. We should go LT, but if not then NT or QB. So tired of hearing McCalin at #9....NO WAY!

you're kidding right?

Okung will be gone

Agreed, but just because one player I want is gone doesn't mean I am going to pick a player I don't want.

My board for #9 looks something like this:

Suh

McCoy

Okung

Bulaga

Spiller

Bradford

Claussen

I have posted elsewhere I think Bills will pick Spiller, which is partially based on the probability that the 4 guys on my board before him will be gone (probably at least one of the two immediately after will be gone as well).

I was thinking kid of the same thing. I am now of the opinion that we will take a PASS RUSHER unless Okung, Bradford, or (to a lesser extent) Clausen are still on the board at 9. I also wouldn't surprised if they tried really hard to the point of not getting full value at trading down. There are going to be a lot of players that would work well for us in the late teens that we would probably take at 9 anyways. Guys like Graham, Morgan, Kindle, etc are not going to make far into the 20s, but will be there in the late teens.

Hopefully a lot of DBs and WRs will be taken in the top of the first.

Also, I'm starting to think that a surprise pick of an offensive play-maker might come up in the first few rounds, depending on value.

IF, and I say IF, you think McClain is on par with Willis, Urlacher and Ray Lewis, Andra Davis is a stopgap and an afterthought.

if Bulaga or T Williams is still there at 9, bills better grab them.

Bulaga yes, Williams, no.

Williams is talented but lazy. Does that not sound like another Williams we had on the other side of the line?

No he isn't. We have our ILB's. McClain is over rated. We need to address QB, LT, NT then pass rushing OLB's

Tell me how he is overrated. He was nick saban on the field for the best defense in the country this year. He may be overrated at 9 and for our other needs, but I'd like to hear how he is overrated as a player.

AGREED

only problem with your thinking is he inherited elway,, reeves was the teacher there under shanny they were more run oriented