Kawica Mitchell

I'm only bringing this up because I don't think I've really seen it discussed on here. It seems to me that Kawica has the size and ability to potentially kick out to OLB.

Yeah, he may be an inch or two shorter than an ideal 3-4 OLB, but at 6'1" 250+, I think that it is well within reason that he would at least be looked at outside if he gets bumped as an inside starter. If we sign Andra' Davis, Mitchell could be the one lining up opposite Maybin or Schobel.

From what I can remember of the Giants Super Bowl run, Mitchell was often used as a blitzer in their scheme. Obviously, that has little bearing on how he would perform as a 3-4 OLB, but at a certain point, getting after the ball is getting after the ball.

Thoughts?

The guy ran a 4.62 at the combine when he came out of USF. He also managed 28 reps of 225.

Not the be all end all, but I imagine that's better than Maybin and most 3-4 OLBs in the league.

What year was that?

He's probably even faster with his surgically reattatched quad tendon.

If we sign Andra' Davis, Mitchell could be the one lining up opposite Maybin or Schobel.

Andra Davis would most likely be a backup/rotational ILB, after Poz/Mitchell.

There was a concern in denver of him wearing down at tail end of season. But he'd be great for depth & leadership, & I hope they sign him!

I'm only bringing this up because I don't think I've really seen it discussed on here. It seems to me that Kawica has the size and ability to potentially kick out to OLB.

Yeah, he may be an inch or two shorter than an ideal 3-4 OLB, but at 6'1" 250+, I think that it is well within reason that he would at least be looked at outside if he gets bumped as an inside starter. If we sign Andra' Davis, Mitchell could be the one lining up opposite Maybin or Schobel.

From what I can remember of the Giants Super Bowl run, Mitchell was often used as a blitzer in their scheme. Obviously, that has little bearing on how he would perform as a 3-4 OLB, but at a certain point, getting after the ball is getting after the ball.

Thoughts?

I think they might move him around in the front 7 since he is a pretty good blitzer from the LB position. They could go with a 3 ILB, 3 safety look in running situations.