why not sign coles @WR

If he could be had for a low $ figure and will accept a limited role he might be worth looking into for depth and someone other than Evans w/ real NFL experience.

If he wants big money and/or guaranteed playing time I wouldn't bother. Otherwise we might as well have kept TO

If he could be had for a low $ figure and will accept a limited role he might be worth looking into for depth and someone other than Evans w/ real NFL experience.

If he wants big money and/or guaranteed playing time I wouldn't bother. Otherwise we might as well have kept TO

I'm sure he can catch more balls thrown his way than T.O and will be had for 4MIL or less.

oh and I'm sure he can run routes better than hardy. gosh I just wish we kept reed

he could be had for a few bucks and give are wideouts depth. we wanted him last year why not now?

Because while Coles would be an upgrade to our WR core, he wouldn't represent a significant improvement to our team... Johnson and Hardy may be unproven but Coles isn't a whole lot better...

Besides, with the state of our QB/OT/DL/uncertainties in our switch to 3-4, a better WR core isn't going to do much to get us into the playoffs (see last year)...

he could be had for a few bucks and give are wideouts depth. we wanted him last year why not now?

Coles' 2009 stats:

Games: 16

Games Started: 13

Receptions: 43

Yards: 514

TDs: 5

I'm pretty sure we can get that kind of production out of any run of the mill WR we throw out there opposite of Lee Evans. Besides, the difference between the Bills going 5-11 or going 10-6 is not named Laverneus Coles. (and that was with a ProBowl QB.)

Coles' 2009 stats:

Games: 16

Games Started: 13

Receptions: 43

Yards: 514

TDs: 5

I'm pretty sure we can get that kind of production out of any run of the mill WR we throw out there opposite of Lee Evans. Besides, the difference between the Bills going 5-11 or going 10-6 is not named Laverneus Coles.

so sorry so sorry I'm just takin a little vet depth I know he's not the next coming of randy moss but I would take him any day over parrish or hardy. oh and how many of our wrs had those numberss last year?

so sorry so sorry I'm just takin a little vet depth I know he's not the next coming of randy moss but I would take him any day over parrish or hardy. oh and how many of our wrs had those numberss last year?

The difference between this year and last, is a new front office.. whom I believe is finally going to start the rebuilding process the right way.

By the way, here's Josh Reed's stats from 06-08, when he was the #2 WR and everyone was pining for him to replaced.

08 - 13 games, 56 rec, 597 yds, 1 TD

07 - 15 games, 51 rec, 578 yds, 0 TD

06 - 13 games, 34 rec, 410 yds, 2 TD

The only stark difference is the TDs, but I guess that's the difference a ProBowl QB makes.

But to answer your question, here's Evans and Owens from last season:

09 Evans - 44/612, 7 TDs

09 Owens - 55/829, 5 TDs

The difference between this year and last, is a new front office.. whom I believe is finally going to start the rebuilding process the right way.

By the way, here's Josh Reed's stats from 06-08, when he was the #2 WR and everyone was pining for him to replaced.

08 - 13 games, 56 rec, 597 yds, 1 TD

07 - 15 games, 51 rec, 578 yds, 0 TD

06 - 13 games, 34 rec, 410 yds, 2 TD

The only stark difference is the TDs, but I guess that's the difference a ProBowl QB makes.

But to answer your question, here's Evans and Owens from last season:

09 Evans - 44/612, 7 TDs

09 Owens - 55/829, 5 TDs

yep thats the dif between going deep and getting your head knocked off by a LB. reed seemed to make catches that moved some chains. I sure at 32 coles would like to keep his head, good point....well I'm sure new england will sign him anyway.