I don't understand the frustration

In other years I have been frustrated with the Bills in free agency but not this year- because 1. the Bills are in total rebuilding mode 2. this is the crappiest FA ever. The time to use free agency is to give you that little boost you need- to get to the playoffs or to become a real contender- there is a time tested method of building a solid contender- in the first 3 years you would like to find very high quality players at QB, LT, C, and depending on which defense you run RDE, DT, CB or ROLB, NT,CB by your 3rd season you'd want to be 8-8 or better and this is the time you'd really be looking for a few elite players in FA.

In other years I have been frustrated with the Bills in free agency but not this year- because 1. the Bills are in total rebuilding mode 2. this is the crappiest FA ever. The time to use free agency is to give you that little boost you need- to get to the playoffs or to become a real contender- there is a time tested method of building a solid contender- in the first 3 years you would like to find very high quality players at QB, LT, C, and depending on which defense you run RDE, DT, CB or ROLB, NT,CB by your 3rd season you'd want to be 8-8 or better and this is the time you'd really be looking for a few elite players in FA.

Add another guy to the list of people that "GET IT".

I'm not saying these 3 players wouldn't be fine FA signings, but they aren't impact players to take this team over any sort of proverbial hump. Say its 3 years from now that we become a team with a legitimate chance to be over 500. These players will be 31-32-or even 33, by then we will be in a situation with their 4-5 year contracts and be stuck, and for what?, sign these players and win 4-6 games still? I don't get the point.

I agree, there is really slim pickings out there as far as FA's are concerned. Not sure why anyone would be that upset over us not signing these very mediocre players to what will likely be over-inflated contracts due to the lack of FA's out there to begin with. I mean 3 million per year to Cornell Green?? Is he really in the NFL?? Talk about over paying...

Dansby could have filled a need. And he's a good player. And he's relatively young. Parcells is no fool and he knew who was going to add value to the Dolphins. You'll get two chances to see him next year. That is one obvious player we should have gone for.

I have to disagree again. He's an inside linebacker and of our linebacker needs the inside is the least of them. We have Mitchell and Poz slated to start with Ellison and some 2nd year players ready to step up and be legitimate backups. Why pay a guy over 8 million a year, when its not of dire need? In addition Dansby is a good linebacker, that got elite money. Its a foolish move unless your a team very close to going deep in the playoffs. Maybe Miami thinks they are, we however are not. Then maybe this investment pays off. But it wouldn't be a prudent signing for the Bills, this would be the type of player the old regime might have signed. I think Buddy and company are too smart for that.

Dansby could have filled a need. And he's a good player. And he's relatively young. Parcells is no fool and he knew who was going to add value to the Dolphins. You'll get two chances to see him next year. That is one obvious player we should have gone for.

Even if, the chances of landing him were slim and none.

I have to disagree again. He's an inside linebacker and of our linebacker needs the inside is the least of them. We have Mitchell and Poz slated to start with Ellison and some 2nd year players ready to step up and be legitimate backups. Why pay a guy over 8 million a year, when its not of dire need? In addition Dansby is a good linebacker, that got elite money. Its a foolish move unless your a team very close to going deep in the playoffs. Maybe Miami thinks they are, we however are not. Then maybe this investment pays off. But it wouldn't be a prudent signing for the Bills, this would be the type of player the old regime might have signed. I think Buddy and company are too smart for that.

Just saying that our LB crew scares no one. Poz may someday, if healthy enough for a full season, prove to be above average. Mitchell IS average at best and injured. Ellison is well below average and the rest are keeping the aluminum warm.

You can't look at it that way when a new front office and coaching staff has been put into place. It's starting over (for them).

Obviously for the fans it isn't like starting over, because we've been here for the last decade going through all this. The fact is, none of what the previous staffs have done has anything to do with the people in charge now. So unfortunately our only option is to start over with them. For them its getting the team together, for us its getting our emotions together and hope this regime gives us something to get excited about.

To your point about Ben Watson, I totally disagree. I would rather give Schouman, Stupar, and Nelson all the playing time and have them ready to be good "in their prime" players, and skip the whole bring in Watson and when he sucks cut him at age 33 or 34 then be left with inexperience again.

Donohoe was "starting over" when he got here. MArv was "starting over". What makes you think this will be different, or that this is how we will succeed anyway?

As for Watson, you missed the point that he is better than anyone we have NOW. Also, you seem to believe that we can't have Watson AND Nelson (heck AND Schouman). There is no rule against that, as far as I know. You would really rather have three guys with little experience and/or suspect talent? Really??

What's is wrong, exactly, with bringing in some modestly priced vets who are good NOW? How is that bad for the team---or worse than endlessly drafting guys who won't pan out or will start immediately-----because we have no good vet at their position??