Jamaal Williams Signs with Broncos

McClane

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: After signing DE Jarvis Green earlier, Broncos agreed to a three-year deal with former San Diego DT Jamal Williams.

I am of the school of patience but now there are 000 options in FA. We had better hit a homerun in a trade or the draft.

Consider the possibility that the Bills have a plan that doesn't involve signing veteran bandaid who will be retired by the time the rest of the presumedly young team matures.

Why are you guys going for this desperate leap to mediocrity? Jamal Williams doesn't get the Bills to the playoffs. Especially during this FA year, save your big dollars to spend on your own FAs next year. I, for one, love the inactivity.

They didnt give sharper money because they probably knew he needed knee surgery which he just had. If Jamal Williams is still injured (doubtful) no one will sign him much less give him visits right now.Today, the most searched for handbags and purses on the Internet are from Coach purse. The Coach handbag are released in collections that feature new shapes, styles, materials and classic designs. Cheap coach purses and fake coach purses all strive to provide comfort and convenience for their owners and seams are double-stitched for maximum durability.

Would have been a waste of money for the Bills to pay that with no supporting cast.

so, under your GM philosophy, you wait until you get two book-end DEs and a good LB corps, then you sign a good FA NT or draft 1 in the 1st two rounds?

I'd say on this team, you do the opposite... Get a good NT and over the next two years you build your line and upgrade your LBs based on what happens with your roster in 2010.

I find it much more likely that Williams didn't want to cross the country to play for a team that has missed the playoff 9 years in a row, rather than our FO showing no interest.

They've missed the playoffs 10 years, but who's counting anymore?

I'm sure Buddy had a reason not to pursue Williams, because he knows him. :wallbash: After all, there's always an excuse why the Bills don't try to sign someone. But when they do, they're the best and most underrated front office in the NFL!

You do realize Nix knows the guy and there must have been something he didn't like about him.

This is possible. There may be more than one reason he ended up in Denver, though.

Do we really know that though? The Bills could have called him 3 times a day everyday for all we know.

This is also possible. It's very possible they called his agent at least once.

This would have been an excellent pick up for us.. disappointing.. I have a feeling it had more to do with Jamal getting to pick where he went vs having to settle with Buffalo.

Looks like he picked a perfect place to show the Chargers they made a mistake.

Very convincing argument to me. As per usual, the Bills most likely would have had to OVERPAY for Williams. Now he gets to stick it to the Chargers twice a year.

...yeah, like his price tag.

The guaranteed money is only $7 million but still it is a big contract for a guy who's aging AND has had injury problems the last several years.

I find it much more likely that Williams didn't want to cross the country to play for a team that has missed the playoff 9 years in a row, rather than our FO showing no interest.

Another excellent point.

It would have been nice to sign BOTH those guys. Green has played very very well for NE ove the years.

Moving forward, I think it would be in the Bills best interest to pursue Larry Foote. He started for Pitt his entire career, and knows the 3-4. He could come in and be the captain of the D and really be like a second coach. Yea he may have lost a step, but he would be the perfect tutor for our young guys. He has a few SB rings too - he knows what it takes to win and he could teach our guys what it takes. Dont forget Mitchell had an ACL and will be at half speed all year - if he is lucky to make it back for the opener at all.

This team needs guys who know how to win and have experience. We need them to show our young guys how to do it. Without some guidence we will be spinning our wheels.

It would have been nice to sign BOTH those guys. Green has played very very well for NE ove the years.

Moving forward, I think it would be in the Bills best interest to pursue Larry Foote. He started for Pitt his entire career, and knows the 3-4. He could come in and be the captain of the D and really be like a second coach. Yea he may have lost a step, but he would be the perfect tutor for our young guys. He has a few SB rings too - he knows what it takes to win and he could teach our guys what it takes. Dont forget Mitchell had an ACL and will be at half speed all year - if he is lucky to make it back for the opener at all.

This team needs guys who know how to win and have experience. We need them to show our young guys how to do it. Without some guidence we will be spinning our wheels.

I like Foote as well. I haven't heard anything on him recently so I have no idea if he is inclined to go anywhere.

In all the teeth gnashing and hand wringing over the weeks since Nix & Gailey announced they want to run a 3-4 defense, everyone seems to forget what else they said about their defensive plans. Yes they want to run the 3-4, but they realize they do not have all the pieces for it. They have some good defensive football players & they will play - they will be put in position to succeed. Sounds to me that we will be running a varient of the 3-4. By virtue of our personnel (and those that will be drafted too), our opponents won't really know what we are running against them - a true advantage. Regardless of what we run, there's no way Belechik and Brady can just waltz in a know they are playing the same old Bills Defense. The youngsters in Miami & NY will also have trouble playing a 3-4 hybrid. Remember what Gailey has said, time & again, it's so hard to play against the 3-4. So of course we want that to be our base, but then we'll also need to get creative to maximize the talents of the 11 guys they'll be putting on the field. It'll keep the opponents honest.

And folks need to stop bashing the Bills - if you hate 'em so much, go root for someone else or take up NASCAR. Honest concern, apprehension and nervous jitters are understandable, but the nastiness that we saw last year against McKelvin & Whitner and some of the many nasty barbs aimed at anyone at OBD is crazy.

It would be nice to have signed Williams and Jarvis Green although the Bills are probably hoping to get equivalent production from Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson, and Marcus Stroud...at least at DE.

I've liked the idea of Larry Foote also and was hoping the Bills might kick the tires on Justin Bannan too, before he signed.

I was hoping that Adalius Thomas wasn't going to be tendered by the Patriots and am holding out hope that Joey Porter will have an interest in coming to Buffalo.

These are all veteran players who have played well in a 3-4 scheme and would make excellent transitional players for us until we draft their eventual replacements.

That said, I will remain patient and give Nix and Company the benefit of the doubt.