Ricky Williams Speaks

Thailog80

I understand your point. I was just making a reference about my political views and the war (bitching and complaining).

But while I understand your point I think Football and War are different. You can decide to join Football and then back out. It's just a game. War isnt a game. Unless your in it 100% dont join.

This post Im not sure I even understand. Are you suggesting we have a military draft right now? Are you crazy?

134505[/snapback]

No, I was being sarcastic. People choose to play sports. They also choose to serve their country. The military draft implies unvoluntary service. Pro sports have a draft. I was cynically drawing the parallell as the flavor your post implied service people choosing to join is somehow different than athletes choosing to play sports.

Believe me, if you want out of the service bad enough it's not that hard to do so.

No, I was being sarcastic. People choose to play sports. They also choose to serve their country. The military draft implies unvoluntary service. Pro sports have a draft. I was cynically drawing the parallell as the flavor your post implied service people choosing to join is somehow different than athletes choosing to play sports.

Believe me, if you want out of the service bad enough it's not that hard to do so.

134509[/snapback]

Yeah, just go into the draft office wearing a Pat Benatar T-Shirt and a fake spray on tan. You will be violating the don't ask, don't tell, and they'll let ya go.

Yeah, just go into the draft office wearing a Pat Benatar T-Shirt and a fake spray on tan. You will be violating the don't ask, don't tell, and they'll let ya go.

134516[/snapback]

Or, they'll let you in because we need dummies for live bayonet training. Military people have an odd sense of humor.

Maybe Ricky wanted out before he ended up with a limp fo rthe rest of his life.  If a man decides he wants to retire, it is his personal decision and people should respect that.  Especially if it a Dolfelon that wants to retire. :flirt:

134706[/snapback]

Thats my EXACT position on it. Im sure if Muhammad Ali could have seen 30 yrs ago what he would be now, he would have fought a few less fights. People dont want to get beat up. Maybe Buffalonians do???

Thats my EXACT position on it. Im sure if Muhammad Ali could have seen 30 yrs ago what he would be now, he would have fought a few less fights. People dont want to get beat up. Maybe Buffalonians do???

134710[/snapback]

That's fine. Just do it AFTER the season and BEFORE you're about to get busted for smoking pot. Then it just looks disingenuous and pathetic.

I don't blame him for this. He was getting killed out there.  Handing the ball off to Ricky was their entire offensive strategy.  No running back wants to take that type of beating. 

I'll say it right now.  I like what I've read about Ricky Williams.  He's one of the few guys I've ever seen in the public eye that does exactly what he wants to no matter what the fans, media or his peers say/think.  That takes a lot of courage and I respect that.  Why play football this year?  Because other people want him to?  I, for one, don't think that's anyway to live one's life, though I'm guessing there are lots of people out there who disagree with me.  It seems that the public likes the good little soldier and whenever someone steps out of line they jump on him.  Ricky owes it to himself to do whatever he thinks is best for his life and nothing else.  It doesn't matter what that is exactly as long as he's not harming other people with his decisions.

134162[/snapback]

You don't think he harmed the entire Miami team retiring at the last minute???????????????????????????????????

The nfl network had rod woodson interviewing zach Thomas & jason taylor.

Jason Taylor is PISSED OFF. He said that ricky is probably the main reason that Wanny lost his job.

134845[/snapback]

I saw that interview also. Taylor was pretty pissed.