To those taking umbrage with the negative press being

There appear to be quite a few people taking offense to the opinions levied upon the Bills by the NFL Network and Fox Sports. From folks other than the true Bill-ievers and Ralph Wilson apologists who will see no wrong lest the team pack up and move to a better place – what has this team done since the close of 2010 that deserves praise from the media? After trumpeting “we’ll do whatever it takes” to sign the right guys for GM and HC – the best we could come up with is Nix and Gailey…undoubtedly fine people in their own right, however, not exactly the dynamic individuals the Buffalo brain trust promised would be forthcoming. The staff assembled since then has been a literal who’s who of the who in the Hell is that guy field of coaching candidates. From a front office perspective, simply nothing to get excited about.

Now, we are over a hundred hours in to free agency and the first signing – some would call it the defining signing of this new regime – is a journeymen offensive tackle whom the Raiders had been trying to replace for 2 years…at $3 Million per year for a 34 year old…not even has been…but never was. And we are critical of the media for not getting on this bandwagon?

Please help me out – from an organizational and football perspective, what should the football media be excited about? As a Bills follower, I cannot find any redeeming qualities of this off season – how do we expect anyone else to?

There appear to be quite a few people taking offense to the opinions levied upon the Bills by the NFL Network and Fox Sports. From folks other than the true Bill-ievers and Ralph Wilson apologists who will see no wrong lest the team pack up and move to a better place – what has this team done since the close of 2010 that deserves praise from the media? After trumpeting “we’ll do whatever it takes” to sign the right guys for GM and HC – the best we could come up with is Nix and Gailey…undoubtedly fine people in their own right, however, not exactly the dynamic individuals the Buffalo brain trust promised would be forthcoming. The staff assembled since then has been a literal who’s who of the who in the Hell is that guy field of coaching candidates. From a front office perspective, simply nothing to get excited about.

Now, we are over a hundred hours in to free agency and the first signing – some would call it the defining signing of this new regime – is a journeymen offensive tackle whom the Raiders had been trying to replace for 2 years…at $3 Million per year for a 34 year old…not even has been…but never was. And we are critical of the media for not getting on this bandwagon?

Please help me out – from an organizational and football perspective, what should the football media be excited about? As a Bills follower, I cannot find any redeeming qualities of this off season – how do we expect anyone else to?

Great post! 100% agreed

One might think the owners' age would dictate they pull out all the stops to win ASAP. Instead, it looks like a 3-5 year plan to get them on the road to success. Even Nix has admitted they can't fill all their problem positions in one off-season, which means it's at least a 2-3 year program. So if the 2011 season begins, RW wouldn't see results until he's 93. And BTW, the stadium lease ends after the 2012 season.

Perhaps the organizational direction doesn't parallel fan expectations.

I'm of the opinion that Nix, Whaley and Gailey believe, as many others, that you build your team through the draft and use free agency to stop gap and add depth while you draft and build your team and work like he!! to keep your own guys. Green's the same as the Langston Walker signing, except this regime sees him as a stop gap while the last regime saw him as part of their answer to OL problem. Big difference.

I'm of the opinion that Nix, Whaley and Gailey believe, as many others, that you build your team through the draft and use free agency to stop gap and add depth while you draft and build your team and work like he!! to keep your own guys. Green's the same as the Langston Walker signing, except this regime sees him as a stop gap while the last regime saw him as part of their answer to OL problem. Big difference.

But, but, the guy had more penalties/less yards that Incognito last year. How exactly have we improved with this signing?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...ssues-on-o-line

We paid 3M for him. Holy smokes. Someones smoking the good stuff in our FO.

C

Perhaps this new regime possesses the necessary integrity to stick with what you believe is their approach. That said, as anyone in the league knows, it is a “win now” mentality that permits you to enjoy seasons 3, 4, 5, etc.. Unless they hit homers in the next 2 drafts, (three surefire starters in each draft), neither Nix, nor Gailey will be around to enjoy the fruits of their labor. Regardless, if they are sticking to their guns as you believe, they are not going to receive any media love unless they start to win. Frankly, I have not supported or spent $10 on this team over the last 2 seasons and see no reason to invest my time or money in the product at this time as there is no real cause for optimism.

Perhaps this new regime possesses the necessary integrity to stick with what you believe is their approach. That said, as anyone in the league knows, it is a “win now” mentality that permits you to enjoy seasons 3, 4, 5, etc.. Unless they hit homers in the next 2 drafts, (three surefire starters in each draft), neither Nix, nor Gailey will be around to enjoy the fruits of their labor. Regardless, if they are sticking to their guns as you believe, they are not going to receive any media love unless they start to win. Frankly, I have not supported or spent $10 on this team over the last 2 seasons and see no reason to invest my time or money in the product at this time as there is no real cause for optimism.

Understood. I'm hoping that they are up to the task as well.

But, but, the guy had more penalties/less yards that Incognito last year. How exactly have we improved with this signing?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...ssues-on-o-line

We paid 3M for him. Holy smokes. Someones smoking the good stuff in our FO.

C

Why are so many people comparing Incognito to Green? They don't even play the same position.. Incognito is a guard, Green is a Tackle.. This is a replacement for Butler.. not Incognito..

No one needs to be excited...There's nothing to be excited about...

That still does not mean The Bills are going to be poor because "They let a lot of real good Coaches go" like that idiot La Canfora said on NFL Network...It also does not mean they are going to suck just because they have yet to do much in Free Agency this year...I just can't stand it when guys who get paid that much try to act like experts on a subject, like The Bills, that they know little to noting about...

I'm pretty sure Buddy Nix is not speed-texting La Canfora, therefore The Bills will suck...I'm thinking that is how he arrived at his opinion about Buffalo...Everyone knows the team needs work...Lets see how they look in August... :blink: