Drafted player Vs Free agent.

ICE

Which do you have more loyalty to? And I don't want to hear the company line 'they are all Bills'. that is crap.

to me I am a little more loyal to a guy that was drafted and spends more time here vs a guy that came for more money.

Which do you have more loyalty to?  And I don't want to hear the company line 'they are all Bills'. that is crap. 

to me I am a little more loyal to a guy that was drafted and spends more time here vs a guy that came for more money.

133746[/snapback]

I agree I like seeing a guy drafted and becoming a player. Thats why I get so pissy when I hear trade Moulds stuff.

I agree I like seeing a guy drafted and becoming a player. Thats why I get so pissy when I hear trade Moulds stuff.

133748[/snapback]

Two things on Moulds...

1) isn't worth his 8 mill cap number.

2) May want out.

both make it hard to keep him.

i am more loyal to the undrafted free agent. the guy that chose to come here out of college rather than being forced.

133752[/snapback]

I also have a ton of respect and I root for guys like that.

Keion Carpenter, Jabari Greer, Rashad Baker. Seems like there's alway one UDFA I find myself rooting for in training camp.

i am more loyal to the undrafted free agent. the guy that chose to come here out of college rather than being forced.

133752[/snapback]

forced? Christ I wish someone would 'Force' me to make no less than 300K per year to workout and play a game. :lol::lol:

Who cares if he wants to leave!  I root for the Buffalo Bills, not the Eric Moulds team.  If he wants to stay, that's great.  He's got a good thing going here, so it would be nice if he stays.  If not, bye bye!

133762[/snapback]

I somewhat agree. but you root for your own body right? Well you don't root for the sickness or illness in it do you? that would kill what you love. :lol:

I also feel more loyalty to a drafted player who was always (and if he is good and we get lucky) was and will be a Bill.

However, the experience of every SB winner since Dallas drafted Aikman and every SB appearer since TN with McNair is that you build a team (particularly at QB) around some method other than drafting a QB in the 1st round.

I think the NE example of 2 SB wins sandwiched around the cap acceleration hit of trading Bledsoe is that one can find a QB capable of leading you to the SB with a late round draft pick or in trade for a reject like Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer. QBs like Kurt Warner were found at Wal-mart.

The primary challenge with JP is that there is not good (in fact quite bad if appearing in the SB is your goal) in terms of building a winning team.

I don't think ICE was referring to undrafted FA's. I'm not a big fan of today's NFL. Free agency combined with a salary cap pretty much assures that there will be massive roster turnover every year. Hard to be loyal to your team when there's no player loyality.

Regarding your question ... much more loyal to a player who starts his career with the Bills and demonstrates a desire to stay here through thick and thin.

I also feel more loyalty to a drafted player who was always (and if he is good and we get lucky) was and will be a Bill.

However, the experience of every SB winner since Dallas drafted Aikman and every SB appearer since TN with McNair is that you build a team (particularly at QB) around some method other than drafting a QB in the 1st round.

I think the NE example of 2 SB wins sandwiched around the cap acceleration hit of trading Bledsoe is that one can find a QB capable of leading you to the SB with a late round draft pick or in trade for a reject like Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer.  QBs like Kurt Warner were found at Wal-mart.

The primary challenge with JP is that there is not good (in fact quite bad if appearing in the SB is your goal) in terms of building a winning team.

133766[/snapback]

Man don't tell that to all the guys like Aikman and Kelly that went to 7 superbowls between them after being taken in the first round.