Drafted player Vs Free agent.

ICE

Man don't tell that to all the guys like Aikman and Kelly that went to 7 superbowls between them after being taken in the first round.

133771[/snapback]

Like i said, the Aikman selection by Dallas in 1989 was the last one to payoff for the team which drafted this QB in the first with and SB victory and one of the reasons why folks continually seem to go the Harrington, Leaf, Manning (who has delivered the team which drafted him the exact same number of SB apearances as Leaf and just surpassed him last year even in playoff wins for Indy) is the record of the QB class of 1983 with Kelly.

Yet, even though it is not your Mother's NFL anymore, and 1st round drafted QBs have no record of success winning the SB for the team which drafted him, folks still seem to want to pursue this same method of building a winner.

I think Kelly and Aikman were great. However, as i said in the post deeming Manning the greatest QB ever. Maybe he will be that IF he ever wins (like Aikman) or comes close a number of times to winning (like Kelly), but for now like Marino is is one of (if not the) greatest passer ever, but if you ask me to pick pick a QB to win one game for me, I take Montana, Farve, and yes even Jim Kelly over Marino and Manning in a heartbeat.