Could the Bills be considering trading down?

this draft could take a bad turn for us if both qb's and the two big tackles are gone by 9 , a reality that is looking more and more likely. I hear all the Mcclain talk but Inside linebacker is not a priority . Reaching for Dan williams might end up being the play .

I was posting about this yesterday as a matter of fact Mike....

I think it is a definate possibility but I hope it is only if we get a decent deal to move down.....the 9th pick should get us a late first.....another 2nd....and a 3rd/4th

It WOULD put us in a position to take a good nose with the first pick........

I hope we don't trade back THAT far.

That would work out about right at #18 or #19 if we get a second and a fourth or #20 if we get a second and a third. At that spot, we would likely have lost our shot at both QBs, Dan Williams, Dez Bryant, Bulaga, McClain, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis, and maybe Odrick, though IMHO he's too small for a 3 - 4 DT, though excellent for a 3 - 4 DE.

At our positions of need, we'd still maybe have a shot at guys like Odric, (maybe, though as I say, I don't think he's a DT in our scheme), OT Charles Brown, Iupati if we see him as a tackle, which I don't, Golden Tate, DT Brian Price, but he can't gain much more weight and is around 300 now, probably not a fit, WR Arrelious Benn, OT Roger Saffold or DT Cody. Those would be the guys who maybe fit and would maybe be decent value between about #20 and about our second pick, #41. Did I miss anybody?

I don't see any raving bargains there, and the last two we might get at #41.

I don't see anyone there at the level of, say, Clausen, Bulaga, Dez Bryand or Dan Williams, who we could get at #9 and if we traded back to say, #14, we'd still have a shot at one or two of them, possibly.

I'm just not a fan. I've watched a few videos of him, and I just don't think he looks B I G enough. I wasn't wowed by anything he did. I'd prefer to fill a different need and get a diff DT in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The guy is at 327. Ngata was 338 when he came out.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...6&genpos=DT

Not a huge difference.

As for performance and whether we could get a DT at a similar level in the 2nd or 3rd, we'll just have to disagree. Though if Cody were there in the second, he would provide slightly better performance, but only on about 40% of our snaps before he tired, if history is predictive.

Williams performed extremely well at the Senior Bowl, stuffing the middle and even surprising by showing a good pass rush.

If Buddy really wants to build this team through the draft he's going to need a lot of picks. Could they be considering moving out of the 9 spot to pick up multiple later round picks?

Seems to me that the FA pool is pretty shallow so this might be their plan.

We need 5 1st round picks, 8 2nd rounders, and another 5 third rounders. That might be enough picks to rebuild this team but 2013

I've been viewing this board for 7 years everyday, many times a day. I know my football, I usually just observe rather then spend an hour trying to compose my thoughts perfectly (cuz if theyre not, it'll be flamed.)

Me too. I don't post during the season too often. Too emotional. I do like reading the posts though. There are some good ones.

this draft could take a bad turn for us if both qb's and the two big tackles are gone by 9 , a reality that is looking more and more likely. I hear all the Mcclain talk but Inside linebacker is not a priority . Reaching for Dan williams might end up being the play .

Which two big tackles are you referring too? Okung and who? The second tackle is debatable to me.

While we have more intense needs at other postions such as OT, I would love to replace Poz or Mitchell with McClain any day. McClain is a guy that I think could be an impact player. More so than any NT or OT that falls to us at #9. That is just my opionion as a fan but if I had the choice between McClain, and OTs Bulaga and Davis, I just might pick McClain.

Since we have no chance of getting a starting Left OT in free agency I suspect we will pick Bulaga or Davis. We may regret not taking McCalin if he is on the board, but we cannot go into camp with Bell and Meredith as our left OT options.

The Bills are not 1-2 players away. With many holes to fill, the best approach would be to get several quality players rather than swinging for a single home run. Also from what I've read of Buddy, I think he prefers to play the percentages rather than trying to swing for the fences.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us trade some vets and the #9 slot for more picks.