Friday Seattle v Buffalo predictions?

ICE

Sorry. The guy was part of a SB winning team.

134452[/snapback]

As I recall, the team philosophy seemed something like "We could play Bullwinkle the Moose back there as long as he doesn't LOSE the game for us"

Wasn't he tossed away the following season?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall, the team philosophy seemed something like "We could play Bullwinkle the Moose back there as long as he doesn't LOSE the game for us"

Wasn't he tossed away the following season?

134459[/snapback]

BEFORE the following season. He was so respected around the NFL that NO team wanted him to be their starter.

I will say this IF we were to win this year on the road, this would be the best possible game to do so.

134445[/snapback]

It wouldn't stun me to completely whip Seattle like a mongrel dog, the lose in Miami. That's what makes the Bills so much fun.

I think if we can hit a long one early and get Seattle to back off, we have a real good chance. As long as our offense can be at least somewhat balanced, we win.

134214[/snapback]

Likely first play: long pass attempt to Evans or Moulds. Typically, Drew will miss either by a country mile; game over when Bills can't run against a stacked line.

Stacking against the run has been a nearly 100% winning defensive strategy against the road-pipsqueak Bills offense for the past 34 games or so due a dunderheaded qb in charge and a management that cannot admit to the obvious limitation of said qb.

If the Bills win against Seattle, it will have had little to do with the qb, at least the starter.

What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time we were watching the Bills slowly self destruct. This year we are watching our team get better and better each week (with the the obvious exception of the debacle at Fauxboro). They're not the Steelers or Patriots yet, but at least they are moving in the right direction.

Quarterbacks generally get too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when the team loses. (The exception is Bledsoe who gets no credit when the team wins and all the blame when the team loses).

Personally I'll take this years version of the Bills who I believe can realistically be expected to finish the season with a 5-1 late season record and have an outside shot at going 6-0 to finish the season.

Sneaking into the playoffs is not out of the question yet so Bledsoe must continue to start.

ANYONE who watched the Thanksgiving day debacles (games) now knows for a fact that Bledsoe is far from being the worst QB in the NFL and we all know he's not the best either. He just happens to be the best we have this week, so this week he plays.

Bills 34

Seahawks 10

"Quarterbacks generally get too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when the team loses."

that is about the stupidest saying in all of football. They get EXACTLY the amount of credit and exactly the amount of blame.

No one touches the ball more and has more of a direct outcome on a game like the QB.

I suppose you had to find something to attack in my post. Since it directly refutes your crusade with a combination of irrefutable logic and simple common sense.

That statement has been around as long as the T formation, which made the quarterback the focal point of every team's offense. It was true in the late forties and remains true now.

Simple case in point Archie Manning in New Orleans. Great QB on a bad team. Predictable results.

Drew Bledsoe isn't Archie Manning. But he is the best QB currently wearing a Bills uniform. You may not like it but Coaches get fired for not playing their best players.

Personally, I hope that sometime soon JPL TAKES the starting job from Bledsoe. Handing the job to him will hurt more than it helps.

I suppose you had to find something to attack in my post. Since it directly refutes your crusade with a combination of irrefutable logic and simple common sense.

That statement has been around as long as the T formation, which made the quarterback the focal point of every team's offense. It was true in the late forties and remains true now.

Simple case in point Archie Manning in New Orleans. Great QB on a bad team. Predictable results.

Drew Bledsoe isn't Archie Manning. But he is the best QB currently wearing a Bills uniform. You may not like it but Coaches get fired for not playing their best players.

Personally, I hope that sometime soon JPL TAKES the starting job from Bledsoe. Handing the job to him will hurt more than it helps.

134563[/snapback]

I could start a statement that the sky is green. It could be repeated 500 years and still be incorrect. Your quote is as incorrect as it can possibly be.

As for your Best player excuse...that is what it is, an excuse. when your best player absolutely sucks, you bench him. Esp in a LOSING Season. That said, you then play the kid that is your future to get him better. But that won't happen so don't worry. bledsoe will continue to drag this team down.

Though not as much as you drag this board down.  Irony...

134593[/snapback]

He doesn't drag the board down, AD. He's the legend of the board. He's an icon. He's the greatest because all of his threads get more hits than anyone else. He's dreamy.

Just ask him. He'll tell you. :flirt:

I could start a statement that the sky is green. It could be repeated 500 years and still be incorrect.  Your quote is as incorrect as it can possibly be.

As for your Best player excuse...that is what it is, an excuse. when your best player absolutely sucks, you bench him. Esp in a LOSING Season.  That said, you then play the kid that is your future to get him better. But that won't happen so don't worry. bledsoe will continue to drag this team down.

134578[/snapback]

Discussing football with someone who wants his(?) team to lose so that he can use that to vindicate his opinion is pointless.

The Bills are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. This isn't last year. This Bills Team, and I emphasise TEAM, gets better each week. Coaches coach to win THIS WEEK!

Next year will take care of itself, JPL may be the starting QB next year. If so I will root for him the same way I root for Bledsoe now.

It's simple, I want the BUFFALO BILLS to win.

Never seen a box score that read Patriots 29 Bledsoe 9 (or Kelly 35 Patriots 3 either)

He doesn't drag the board down, AD. He's the legend of the board. He's an icon. He's the greatest because all of his threads get more hits than anyone else. He's dreamy.

134597[/snapback]

I think BF might be making a late season run.

Discussing football with someone who wants his(?) team to lose so that he can use that to vindicate his opinion is pointless.

The Bills are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. This isn't last year. This Bills Team, and I emphasise TEAM, gets better each week. Coaches coach to win THIS WEEK!

Next year will take care of itself, JPL may be the starting QB next year. If so I will root for him the same way I root for Bledsoe now.

It's simple, I want the BUFFALO BILLS to win.

Never seen a box score that read Patriots 29 Bledsoe 9 (or Kelly 35 Patriots 3 either)

134600[/snapback]

What I want is what is best for the team. If losing gets rid of bledsoe then so be it.

134597[/snapback]

so tell me Fabio, what did I post that was incorrect? Nothing.

Well I have seen an improved Buffalo team in the recent weeks with the change at RB,your defense is good and it's more a matter of consistency like my Seahawks that seems to be more of a culprit then talent.Were dinged up and have a MASH unit almost everywhere on defense.Bledsoe is a good QB but he's old school and needs a line to pick apart a team.

Because were in Seattle and Holmgren has flipped the passive switch to on you butt and holding the players accountable I see us winning, not a dominate performance like most the other games but just good enough to win,Hasslebeck is going to play so the offense will have the ability to score if we don't cough the ball up in key situations.Seahawks 27 Bills 17