Lets face it boys ... (and playoff picture)

daquixers

... even if we did make the playoffs we would be manhandled by the Colts or the Steelers. So if you think about it that way, it takes away about 1/100000 of the pain of not making the playoffs.

If we did play them it would be:

Colts - 39

Bills - 9

or

Pitt - 27

Bills - 2

:w00t:

In fact I think the Colts will beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship game and go to the SB - and win that too. This years Colts team is 3x better than last years team and the Steelers are great - 2nd best in the NFL IMO, but they are not as good as there 9-1 record seems.

Anyone watch the Bengals game last week? The Bengals had their number for over 3 quarters ... Pitt squeeked it out. There defense was exploited. So was Big Ben. Bens last three games has included a QB average rating of 90, with 3 Td's, 2 Int's, and 11 sacks. Not as good as he started out huh?

That being said the Pittsburg offense will score alot on Indi's offense, but then again if the Browns can score 23, the Cowboys score 20 on them, and the Patriots score 20 on them, I dont think the Colts offense will have any trouble putting 30 on them.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:

Colts - 31

Steelers - 30

SUPERBOWL:

Colts - 35

Falcons - 27

First time in a LONG time, I am going to love the victors of this years superbowl.

I have to disagree on the colts game, i think the colts D+ ST would 17 points due to clements, T mac, and fast freddie, as well as macgahee getting a solid 130 yds.

i repsect those predictions and i would love to see the pasties out of before the AFC champ game.

While I agree it's a toss up between the Pats, Steelers, and Dolts in the AFC, no way does Atlanta go in the NFC. It will be Eagles or the Vikings if Moss gets healthy and they get hot. Atlantas D is a joke and you will see this especially in the playoffs.

While I agree it's a toss up between the Pats, Steelers, and Dolts in the AFC, no way does Atlanta go in the NFC. It will be Eagles or the Vikings if Moss gets healthy and they get hot. Atlantas D is a joke and you will see this especially in the playoffs.

133642[/snapback]

atlantas D has been stronger than their O this year... but otherwise your perspective seems very valid

Interesting picks. Interesting indeed.

I cannot pick the Colts EVER to win the Super Bowl (or any playoff game) until Manning shows me that he can play at a high level in the big game. Frankly, he has never been able to do that (the KC game last year aside since KC's D looked like a JV team). Personally, I like the guy and think he is one of the best QBs in the league, but he out-thinks himself in the big games causing him to choke...he did it in college and he will continue to do it in the Pros. So I can't pick them until Manning proves me wrong. Until that point he will just be the 2000 version of Dan Marino.

I think it's impossible to count the Pats out of anything. They have more expierence and more proven "prime time" players than any other team in the league. That said, I still don't know if they can win it this year. If they get the Home-Field edge then they will. If they have to go on the road for the AFC Championship game...I'm not so sure. Here's my prediction.

AFC EAST: Pats

AFC North: Pitt (Homefield)

AFC South: Indy

AFC West: Denver (I think they pull it out over SD, just a hunch)

*Wildcards: San Diego, Baltimore

Wildcard round: Baltimore over Colts, Denver over SD

Divisional round: Pitt over Baltimore, Pats over Denver

AFC Championship: Pats over Pitt (*I just can't pick a rookie QB in such a big game over Belichiks D)

NFC East: Philly (homefield)

NFC North: Minny

NFC South: Atlanta

NFC West: Seattle

*Wildcards: GB, St.Louis (St.Louis sucks, but so does the rest of the NFC)

Wilcard round: Minny over St.Louis, GB over Atlanta

Divisional round: Philly over GB, Minny over Seattle

NFC Champtionship: Philly over Minny

Super Bowl: (going out on a limb) Philly over NE.

Of course, to be fair it should be noted that I am the worst prognosticator EVER. :w00t:

Not even a small chance Baltimore beats the Colts. Dude - the Colts won two games in the playoffs last year before being beaten.

133650[/snapback]

They only won one. And it was against the Chiefs who's Defense was the worst ever to play in the playoffs.

But like I said, I am not the best prognosticator in the world.

You are right, they beat Denver as well as KC. I stand corrected!

But Manning still chokes :w00t:

Edited by tgreg99

They only won one. And it was against the Chiefs who's Defense was the worst ever to play in the playoffs.

But like I said, I am not the best prognosticator in the world.

You are right, they beat Denver as well as KC. I stand corrected!

But Manning still chokes :w00t:

133655[/snapback]

They beat Denver 41-10 and KC 38-31. They didn't punt in either game. I'm not sure if they can beat the Pats this year when it matters, but I agree they are a better team this year than last year.

I hope we end up with a good matchup, not a Pittsburgh-G-bay or Pittsburgh-Seattle yawnathon.

My hopes would be that the more exciting team wins each playoff game. Hence:

Wildcard round: Colts whallop Denver (Manning MVP), SandyEggo beats Pats in OT

AFC Championship: Colts

Wilcard round: Mini Soda wins (who cares over whom), Vicktlanta beats Phil in OT

NFC Champtionship: Vicklanta over Mini in OT naked bootleg by Vick

Super Bowl: (going out on a limb) Colts over Atlanta 48-41

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:

Colts - 31

Steelers - 30

SUPERBOWL:

Colts - 35

Falcons - 27

First time in a LONG time, I am going to love the victors of this years superbowl.

133621[/snapback]

Disagree....Playing the steelers in Hienz field in January is going to be

tough......The only team who can match effectively with the steelers

at Heinz field is probably the Pats....Remember the Pats did not have

Dillon the last time they played the steelers and it showed...

The falcons have won by their defense....But I don't think they can go into

Philly and beat them....

AFC Championship game is probably Steelers Vs Patriots...

NFC Championshop game is probably Philly Vs Minnesota (if Moss comes

back quickly).

you look at both the pats and steelers remaining schedule, they could both very well go 15-1 (and no, we're not going to beat the steelers in the finale. they'll have to play their starters for home field)

indy and san diego will both finish at 12-4, with indy losing at san diego and the chargers losing at KC.

jets and ravens finish 10-6 for the wild cards

denver and jax go 9-7, kc 8-8. the bengals finish 7-9 as do we { @SEA(L), @MIA(W), CLE(W), @CIN(L), @SF(W), PIT(L) }

depending on this week @ SF, miami either goes 1-15 or 2-14 :lol: B) :lol:

wildcard seating in the AFC playoffs will be a big factor. I see baltimore able to go into san diego and win, but not into indy. i see the jets making a first round exit either way. and the patriots winning the afc regardless :lol:

in the nfc, philly will lose to GB and finish 14-2, atlanta wins out at 13-3. minnesota wins out to go 12-4. seattle is the ugly stepchild at 9-7. the packers take the top wildcard at 11-5 with an 8-8 rams grabbing the final wildcard spot, winning the tiebreaker over 8-8 tampa by virtue of their week 6 28-21 victory

minnesota makes short work of the rams while the packers beat the seahawks on the road. the divisional round will see both road teams winning and the vikings will defeat the packers for the nfc title

the pats and vikings will meet in the super bowl. i don't want to say who'll win because i just ate and don't feel like vomiting

oh, and dallas makes use of our #15 or #16 pick in the 1st