Vick 2.0.

Impressive

He throws a pretty nice ball. Is agile, quick and has speed. Pretty good footwork. Nice release and zip on the ball.

I like him. :rolleyes:

If not Vick or Young 2.0, then certainly Brad Smith 2.0...and I have been calling for that for quite some time now.

I bet he would fit perfectly in Gailey's offense, especially if Vick, McNabb and Campbell have been mentioned.

Great video.

Great comment on that page:

"J Brown was a great guy, definitely could have used another year though.
Lost his swagger and confidence after that concussion though, never fully recovered in my opinion.
Made a lot of mental mistakes, but not all blame can be put on him. Crappy o-line play at times and receivers messing up on routes were things I noticed over the season."

Sounds like déja-vu all over again.

A couple of nice throws, but it's obvious that he looks to run first on every play. That video is almost entirely: a) evading pass rushers in the backfield (much tougher in the NFL), b) throwing to wide open WRs or c) throwing it as far as he can when he's being chased out of the pocket. Sure he hits a few of them because he's got a big arm, but against an NFL defense a lot of those are going to be sacks or INTs.

I didn't see one highlight of him standing in the pocket, reading the defense, finding his WR and delivering a pass on target.

Fun guy to watch play? Absolutely.

Wildly talented athlete? Absolutely.

QB to build an NFL team around? Doubtful.

A couple of nice throws, but it's obvious that he looks to run first on every play. That video is almost entirely: a) evading pass rushers in the backfield (much tougher in the NFL), b) throwing to wide open WRs or c) throwing it as far as he can when he's being chased out of the pocket. Sure he hits a few of them because he's got a big arm, but against an NFL defense a lot of those are going to be sacks or INTs.

I didn't see one highlight of him standing in the pocket, reading the defense, finding his WR and delivering a pass on target.

Interesting take, I was thinking some of the same things. Especially when the one poster said he had "good foot work". I know Buffalo's offensive line has been bad, and a QB that could get out of the pocket and run would have helped, but that's not the eventual goal. The goal is to build an offensive line that can protect, and find that pocket aware QB that can lead this team.

Drafting a running QB to solve the offensive line issue is not what we need.

In saying that, this kid is very talented.

Just FYI to everyone, Jarret Brown is known more as a traditional pocket passer. He is a guy who likes to stand tall in the pocket and make throws. Yes he is very athletic and can run, but he really is the complete opposite of what Pat White was for the WV offense. This highlight tape shows a lot of him scrambling, but that really is not the norm for this kid. Just remember I could make a highlight tape of Losman looking like HOFer...

I am a big fan of Brown and would love the Bills to get him to develop. He only has one year of starting experience but physically he has everything. He has a cannon, he is accurate, can throw on the run, is elusive in the pocket etc. If all the "Gailey likes mobile QBs" thing is true I bet we see him in Buffalo. He is a later round prospect with huge upside.

Jarret Brown isn't an instant starter prospect. But for a team which has so many other urgent issues (OL, DL) he would be a terrific developmental qb. If he could be had in the fourth or fifth round then why not draft for potential? From a developmental standpoint it would have been better for him to have played more, but it didn't work out that way for him. He was a sub for Pat White who understandably got most of the playing time while JB was at WVU. Brown didn't behave in a disgruntled fashion nor did he transfer to a Div II program to get instant playing time. He handled himself with a lot of class and maturity and bided his time.

JB not only has the physical tools but he has the maturity and character which makes him receptive to coaching. Compare his personality traits to JaMarcus Russell who has physical tools but lacks the work ethic and maturity to do what it is required to be a success.