enjoyed watching the OL/TE combine

....lybob

after watching the combine today.

1. Physically Bruce Campbell is the prototype LT- might be a good choice to play Apocalypse in any future X-men movie

2. For a rolly polly looking guy Trent Williams is a hell of an athlete he was the #2 rated OT then down graded on concerns he was strictly a RT I expect him to move up to the 2nd or 3rd OT taken.

3. Anthony Davis looked like he didn't really prepare for the Combine at all or that his athletic ability was a myth- he did have a 33 inch vert which suggests that there's explosiveness somewhere in that massive yet soft body- but the fact that he seemed unprepared has to throw up some red flags I think he drops from 2nd to 5th OT

4. I don't think Bulaga either hurt himself or helped himself

5. Okung is still number 1

6. Bruce Campbell and Trent Williams remind me of Karl Malone and Charles Barkley

7. Don't know who Tony Washington is but he sure catches your eye and looked good in every drill I saw.

my new top six

1. Okung

2 Trent Williams

3. Bryan Bulaga

4. Bruce Campbell

5. Anthony Davis

6. Charles Brown

I agree with you that Okung looks like the best OT. I came away very impressed with Trent Williams, thought he looked very athletic (not out of shape as you suggest). I also thought Williams did the best in the kick-slide drill, which to me is the most important OL drill. I also really liked what I saw from Ducasse in the Senior bowl and today.

Campbell has the physical look, but I saw plenty of Maryland vs. FSU and he was anything but dominating.

I agree with you that Okung looks like the best OT. I came away very impressed with Trent Williams, thought he looked very athletic (not out of shape as you suggest). I also thought Williams did the best in the kick-slide drill, which to me is the most important OL drill. I also really liked what I saw from Ducasse in the Senior bowl and today.

Campbell has the physical look, but I saw plenty of Maryland vs. FSU and he was anything but dominating.

Not saying Trent Williams was sloppy fat or anything but if all the OTs at the combine were standing around and someone asked me to guess how they'd rate athletically Campbell would have been first and Trent Williams would have been in the bottom third so I was surprised how athletic Williams was- really except for the bench Williams was equal or slightly better than Campbell.

Not saying Trent Williams was sloppy fat or anything but if all the OTs at the combine were standing around and someone asked me to guess how they'd rate athletically Campbell would have been first and Trent Williams would have been in the bottom third so I was surprised how athletic Williams was- really except for the bench Williams was equal or slightly better than Campbell.

Yeah, think the Bills are going to have to consider Williams along with Davis and Bulaga. He looks very athletic and his game tapes will also look good. Don't know why people think of him as a right tackle only, but even if that's how it turns out, we need a right tackle too. It will be interesting to see which one the Bills pick, assuming they go OT at #9 and assuming everyone except Okung is still there. I WAS thinking Davis, but now Williams might be the choice. Bulaga if you want to stay safe but with limited upside. Campbell if you want to gameble and maybe get a future star.

1. Physically Bruce Campbell is the prototype LT- might be a good choice to play Apocalypse in any future X-men movie

2. For a rolly polly looking guy Trent Williams is a hell of an athlete he was the #2 rated OT then down graded on concerns he was strictly a RT I expect him to move up to the 2nd or 3rd OT taken.

3. Anthony Davis looked like he didn't really prepare for the Combine at all or that his athletic ability was a myth- he did have a 33 inch vert which suggests that there's explosiveness somewhere in that massive yet soft body- but the fact that he seemed unprepared has to throw up some red flags I think he drops from 2nd to 5th OT

6. Bruce Campbell and Trent Williams remind me of Karl Malone and Charles Barkley

7. Don't know who Tony Washington is but he sure catches your eye and looked good in every drill I saw.

my new top six

1. Okung

2 Trent Williams

3. Bryan Bulaga

4. Bruce Campbell

5. Anthony Davis

6. Charles Brown

Not sure about Charles Brown. I saw Linus beat him wide and to the outside. I saw Schroeder beat him inside with a swim move.

my new top six

1. Okung

2 Trent Williams

3. Bryan Bulaga

4. Bruce Campbell

5. Anthony Davis

6. Charles Brown

Good observations with linemen motivation for a first rounder is a must. Campbell will move up because of the combine stats but it's got to translate on to the field or it's just wasted. I would avoid Davis and I think Nix will. Okung, Bulaga, Williams with the 9th pick or trade out of it.

The thing that caught my eye about the O linemen was how few of them were overweight. Very impressive to see guys who are over 300 pounds and well over 6 feet looking so strong and "cut." That's a huge change from just even a few years ago. Also, most of them seemed quick and fast given their size.

The TEs and WRs looked very, very good (and a deep group on top of that). Same for the RBs. Matter of fact, other than QB (where none of the Big Names did anything interesting), the depth and quality at all the positions seemed to be very high, which should be encouraging to Bills fans as it's likely the team will be able to pick up some fine players in the later rounds

If what you say about Davis is true, I'm downgrading him in my book. I think coming to the combine not prepared is a really significant message. Good thing there are so many other good first round tackles. Okung, Williams, Baluga and Campbell are going in the top 15 and I'd be happy with any of thiem.

If what you say about Davis is true, I'm downgrading him in my book. I think coming to the combine not prepared is a really significant message. Good thing there are so many other good first round tackles. Okung, Williams, Baluga and Campbell are going in the top 15 and I'd be happy with any of thiem.

Not so sure about Campbell. He wasn't even 1st team ACC.

Not sure about Charles Brown. I saw Linus beat him wide and to the outside. I saw Schroeder beat him inside with a swim move.

I bet he didn't score high on the wonderlic. He still falls for it when Lucy pulls the football as Charlie is about to kick it