I think we are going to get good players this year

Yes Raiders.....PLEASE take Campbell with that first pick

A "football player" will fall to us........

Yes exactly. lol. I hope enough teams will be mesmerized and wowed by the current crop of Russells and Mamulas. We'll have the pickings available to us. That's if Nix and company can evaluate and draft with skill. If they can, then our draft slots won't hinder us too much long term.

Scratch the Raiders and any other teams that go gah gah over work out warriors.

I think Nix will see straight through these types.

I don't think Nix gets too enamored with how many reps a player can bench or how high they can jump or how fast they can run. If I remember correctly, he mentioned that he looks for on field play. You can only do that through lots of scouting and film study. I think the only thing the combine is good for is the medical evaluation and maybe the interviews.

I don't think Nix gets too enamored with how many reps a player can bench or how high they can jump or how fast they can run. If I remember correctly, he mentioned that he looks for on field play. You can only do that through lots of scouting and film study. I think the only thing the combine is good for is the medical evaluation and maybe the interviews.

CG said that he also likes to ask them questions at the combine about X's and O's--who they'd cover/block on a given play or a given situation.

Did anyone see Campbell being interviewed with Eisen & Co. and he dropped Merriman's name as a guy who helped him prepare for the combine? Juice alert!

They test at the combine. That's why Aaron Maybin only weighed 230 and ran a 4.78. Had to wait for 5 weeks of the heavy cycle to bulk up to 251 and run 4.65 at his Pro Day where they don't test.

It's less challenging to find talent with perennial top 15 picks and when you've got giant positional needs all over the field. That was the case in 2006, and it's their situation this season.

I would think they'll seriously explore trading down, but remaining in position to move back up if they desire. Baltimore did that in 2008, and still wound up with their man in Joe Flacco and additional picks. Buffalo needs all the picks they can now that they're rebuilding.