Aaron Maybin

Billsfan=pain

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybin is a BUST......and will probably stay a bust.

at Penn St, he was a backup !!....only through injuries to players ahead of him did he get his chance to start. he is the ultimate one year wonder.

i am a season ticket holder.....i watched him closely when he got in. first thing i noticed was how he does NOT stop, cut and change direction very well. all he can do is run fast, straight ahead. that weakness will be more pronounced when he switches to LB.

I agree with you completly! Keep preaching!

He's a bust because of a year filled with a lack of playing time and bad coaches to learn from? He didn't make any big moves when he was in play, however like any rookie. It's to early to call him a bust.

I don't know if he is a bust yet. Too soon to tell. The lack of playing time is the Bills front office's fault. They drafted a player that is a "tweaner"with only one year as a college starter. Maybin was a project right from the get go. He was a risky pick made by a poorly organized front office that lacked both accountability for decisions and a clear development plan for this team.

I would not blame his the coaches at all. Sanders did a great job with the defensive lineman and was re-hired by Chan and Buddy. Fewell did a great job with the defense overall. Given all the injuries the poor play of the offense or defense did ok.

I hated the pick on draft day. I think he was drafted as a marketing pick because he's a Penn State player. There hasn't been one single play that I've seen all season that has given me even a shred of hope that he won't go down as a monumental bust. Probably even worse than Erik Flowers or John McCargo.

Worse than Flowers and McCargo? We found the Keith Ellison of the 2009 draft!WOOOHOO

Why do I get the feeling Jauron wanted to field a team of just defensive backs!

I don't know if he is a bust yet. Too soon to tell. The lack of playing time is the Bills front office's fault. They drafted a player that is a "tweaner"with only one year as a college starter. Maybin was a project right from the get go. He was a risky pick made by a poorly organized front office that lacked both accountability for decisions and a clear development plan for this team.

I would not blame his the coaches at all. Sanders did a great job with the defensive lineman and was re-hired by Chan and Buddy. Fewell did a great job with the defense overall. Given all the injuries the poor play of the offense or defense did ok.

I hope he can survive as a OLB. I am really afraid to see him operate on the field in space.

I know hindsight is 20/20,but deosn't it seem really stupid to draft a player than never was a legitimate starter in college?

If he can make the switch to OLB and have close to the same success within the next 2-3 years as Elvis Dumervil did this past year with switching from DE to LB, then that's good. It's way too soon to say if he's a bust. Granted, I wanted Orakpo instead of Maybin, but maybe Nix/Gailey can make him into a successful OLB.

I saw a picture of him standing next to Hardy on the sidelines last year and said, "Maybin has the same build as James Hardy!!" People then mocked me and said, "maybe Hardy should move to DE/OLB!" It's not so funny, now that his weight/body frame dilemma has become more apparent to everyone..

Yea thats wha I am saying. I saw him at TC at Fischer from 10 yards away, he was small then and it was extremely noticable, all the fans around me were talking about him. He was smaller than Nic Harris and it was noticable. By mid season I could see from my seats he was TOs size. Thats not good whether he is a DE or 3-4 OLB, because the bottom line is we drafted him to get sacks but he cant beat an OT.

I hope he can survive as a OLB. I am really afraid to see him operate on the field in space.

I know hindsight is 20/20,but deosn't it seem really stupid to draft a player than never was a legitimate starter in college?

Congrats, you are now smarter than the Buffalo Bills college scouting staff.

Yea thats wha I am saying. I saw him at TC at Fischer from 10 yards away, he was small then and it was extremely noticable, all the fans around me were talking about him. He was smaller than Nic Harris and it was noticable. By mid season I could see from my seats he was TOs size. Thats not good whether he is a DE or 3-4 OLB, because the bottom line is we drafted him to get sacks but he cant beat an OT.

Congrats, you are now smarter than the Buffalo Bills college scouting staff.

How did he put on muscle so fast and then lose it when he came to the NFL?

Steroids or other chemical performance enhancing drugs.

The NFL has a staunch steroid testing procedure, so he couldn't have taken steroids. Most likely, it was HGH as there is no testing for that stuff in professional sports. (Although they are lobbying for it, but the player's union won't support it, because it involves a blood test)

The NFL has a staunch steroid testing procedure, so he couldn't have taken steroids. Most likely, it was HGH as there is no testing for that stuff in professional sports. (Although they are lobbying for it, but the player's union won't support it, because it involves a blood test)

If he used it before why doesn't he use it now? Does anyone talk to him on twitter?

heres the deal... ill believe he was juicing based on the lone fact that he was playing a sport at a professional level, or was trying to. if you want to talk about being in touch with reality, then we need to put it out there and accept that 95% of professional athletes are on SOMETHING. The other 5% are just there to ride the pine and collect the pension.

but all hating aside, it is completely possible for a 20 or 21 year old to gain 20-30 pounds in a couple months. it happens all the time, to most college kids. i went from 165 to 185 in a summer for rugby and, on a 5'10" skinny frame, and ive never used steroids.

im not doubting that he was shooting, but the weight gain is not an obvious and direct conviction of roid use.

Sure it is, have you seen the pics? NO ONE gains 25+ lbs of pure MUSCLE without juice in 6 weeks. To think different is pure bull **** and fantasy.