What is with all of the failed physicals

Lenigmusx

Why did so many of these players get released for failing their physicals? is this becuase our strength and conditioning coaches were that bad under Jauron? Maybe this was the weakest link in the whole coaching staff for years. Frankly since we let Rusty Jones go. Correcting this problem alone may be able to pick us up 3 or 4 wins that we didn't have. If you think about how desimated our rosters has been the last 3 years then you realize the team was usually only at about 65% in terms of how many 1st string player would see the field each week. I think this is perhaps the most overlooked weakness of Dick Jauron's tenure in buffalo.

Why did so many of these players get released for failing their physicals? is this becuase our strength and conditioning coaches were that bad under Jauron? Maybe this was the weakest link in the whole coaching staff for years. Frankly since we let Rusty Jones go. Correcting this problem alone may be able to pick us up 3 or 4 wins that we didn't have. If you think about how desimated our rosters has been the last 3 years then you realize the team was usually only at about 65% in terms of how many 1st string player would see the field each week. I think this is perhaps the most overlooked weakness of Dick Jauron's tenure in buffalo.

Another Rusty Jones is god thread? He has been gone for a decade.

Could it be because some those players got injured last year and they are not recovering? Or maybe we have no plans for them in the new system?

I am happy that we brought in TWO new strength and conditioning people. We can also use a little bit of luck in the injury department to go with their skills.

It was Greggo's staff that removed Rusty from the position he'd had so much success at (through a "promotion") but most coaches have a history of bringing in "their guys." I imagine Rusty wanted to get back to doing what he did best. Hopefully the focus-area approach of the Bills' two new additions at the position will work. They need for it to.

At the same time, the freak broken legs / arms / spinal injuries have more to do with happenstance, being out of position, and not being right for the position than anything else. In a way, Jauron's staffs would have been in part to blame for this.

Another Rusty Jones is god thread? He has been gone for a decade.

Could it be because some those players got injured last year and they are not recovering? Or maybe we have no plans for them in the new system?

I am happy that we brought in TWO new strength and conditioning people. We can also use a little bit of luck in the injury department to go with their skills.

Half a decade. He left in 2005. He was with the Gregg Williams staff in a different role. He was S&C coach until 2004.

Good post.

Too lazy to check Dick's injury stats and specific S&C staff with Da' Bears, but it may be a trend. As a fan of the team for ever, I can't reall a now 5 year run where I came to expect many devasting injuries as the rule of thumb, vs. most unfortunate. Fergy, Butler, Kelly all seemed to return in-season and be produtive. Now we go from a, IDK, 2nd and 6 -early in a Sept. game, to retirement in 5 months..

I agree, we lost a few games each year as a direct result.

Can't help but be optimistic with the new-forming staff.