Dan Williams rd 2?

billsfan_34

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know his name has been bounced around here some. But I think if Dan Williams falls to rd 2 and hes there for us, its a no brainer. He is perfect for the 3-4. Thoughts?

I can not see him falling but if he does, you are right it is a no brainer

the interest call is , cody, it seems as thought he might be there. How do we feel about him in the second round

the interest call is , cody, it seems as thought he might be there. How do we feel about him in the second round

Hmmm Terrence Cody, there is some what ifs on him, battling weight, sprained knee etc... I am not sure this new regime can afford to take a chance. Time will tell though. I think your right, Dan Williams most likely wont fall to us as big Dt's are a hot commodity in the NFL now. But I have my fingers crossed.

If either of the Big two or three NT candidates fell to us in the second we'd be lucky and should grab them up. I say we'd be lucky to be able to trade up five or ten spots to land Williams - if he made it into the second at all. Most mocks have him going in the 10 - 20 range. Cody, in the second, would be worth the risk. He'll at least clog up the middle for you.

If either of the Big two or three NT candidates fell to us in the second we'd be lucky and should grab them up. I say we'd be lucky to be able to trade up five or ten spots to land Williams - if he made it into the second at all. Most mocks have him going in the 10 - 20 range. Cody, in the second, would be worth the risk. He'll at least clog up the middle for you.

And to effectively run the 3-4, you have to have a big NT anchoring the line. Stroud isnt that guy. This has to be addressed either in FA or the draft.

This is the Bills we are talking about. They could pick him in the first round. There is no way he falls to the second. Too many teams that run 3-4 for this guy to get to the second. But yes if he is there it is a no-brainer. If they move up from their second round spot and get him in the first, this could be a possibility.

This is the Bills we are talking about. They could pick him in the first round. There is no way he falls to the second. Too many teams that run 3-4 for this guy to get to the second. But yes if he is there it is a no-brainer. If they move up from their second round spot and get him in the first, this could be a possibility.

Just remember this is a different Bills now. I dont think we will pick him in the first, especially with butler just retiring. We need O line bad!

OT in the first/ Williams in the second, I agree this is how we should draft this year & next. Spend the next 2 years drafting Ol/DL alternating with each pick... strong lines will show in the win column...williams should fit well in the 3-4 def..Third round needs to be a OL too.

good post!

OT in the first/ Williams in the second, I agree this is how we should draft this year & next. Spend the next 2 years drafting Ol/DL alternating with each pick... strong lines will show in the win column...williams should fit well in the 3-4 def..Third round needs to be a OL too.

good post!

Thanks! Gotta be strong in the trenches to win.

And to effectively run the 3-4, you have to have a big NT anchoring the line. Stroud isnt that guy. This has to be addressed either in FA or the draft.

It's already been established that Stroud isn't going to play NT. In fact, he's gone public in saying that he's excited about the prospect of playing LE in this scheme, and I think most would agree that he at least fits the prototype of this. What would be interesting to me is... how do the coaches plan on running this hybrid defense that we keep hearing about? Do they already have something in mind? Or are they going to wait until after the draft to mold this "hybrid" scheme around what players we DO have? It'll be an interesting offseason :wallbash:

We have him as the #17 player on our Big Board, and going to Miami at #12. At least we'd see him often to realize we made another Ngata-esque mistake.

he's a hell of a player and certainly would be a great pick at two. He might even be the momentum for some creative trade down/trade up ideas. That being said...number nine is for the best left tackle available. There are four or five very good LT prospects and we should go with that at nine.

Williams is a very tempting prospect though!

A frind of mine who is a big Alabama fan (went to college there) said Fat ass cody dropped from over 400lbs to where he is now. That screams red flag to me

To get either Williams or Cody we'll have to get back to around picks 25-28 to ensure we get one of em', and I have no problem with it. It's a move that could heal our pain from the McCargo screw up.

I think the Bills will trade back into the first round this year (Barring a Casey Hampton signing). Maybe they take Williams at 9 and trade back into the 1st to take Bulaga in the 15-20 range or vice versa. Watch the Bills stockpile picks by dealing Whitner, Lynch, and Schobel to do a similar trade as what the Falcons did with Sam Baker in 2008 and the 49ers did with Joe Staley in 2007.

I think the Bills will trade back into the first round this year (Barring a Casey Hampton signing). Maybe they take Williams at 9 and trade back into the 1st to take Bulaga in the 15-20 range or vice versa. Watch the Bills stockpile picks by dealing Whitner, Lynch, and Schobel to do a similar trade as what the Falcons did with Sam Baker in 2008 and the 49ers did with Joe Staley in 2007.

We may get some picks out of them, but how much value does whitner have who has been very unproductive. Lynch is a hiccup away from a year suspension and really lacks good vision on the field. Maybe if we packaged those two a 3 may be the best we get. Schoebel might command a 2 if a team feels its close to winning it all now and needs to bolster the pass rush. Great thoughts on those 3 guys.