A'm I not mistaken, but there was a thread recently that degenerat

BadDad

Go away. These threads should be deleted immediately.

[/quote

For what? It's the offseason? There was a thread recently concerning Clapton. What exactly is your problem with Clapton?

Or do you just want to fight with BaDad?

Go away. These threads should be deleted immediately.

For what? It's the offseason? There was a thread recently concerning Clapton. What exactly is your problem with Clapton?

Or do you just want to fight with BaDad?

This is the football forum. :lol:

Maybe this band? yardbirds

It's hard to argue with the talent that passed through the Yardbirds over the course of a few years. (Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, John Bonham, for starters.) But it really was a group where these guys got their real start, for the most part. Buffalo Springfield was another group like this, launching the careers of Neil Young, Stephan Stills, Jim Messina and others.

I think most think of a Supergroup as a band that gathers established and respected musicians from a number of successful groups. Wikipedia offers this definition: "a rock music group whose performers are already famous from having performed individually or in other groups." That works for me.

Cream, Blind Faith and CSN (and CSNY) all qualify under that definition. (Of course the Beatles do not.)

I think CrappyPappy is right about Blind Faith. For their very short life, they were really something else.

Two of my favorite little known supergroups were Captain Beyond and Rhinoceros. Looking at their lineups, it's hard to believe they were considered "supergroups", but at the time they were.

And, for the record, I believe Rhinoceros was formed before Blind Faith.

It's hard to argue with the talent that passed through the Yardbirds over the course of a few years. (Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, John Bonham, for starters.) But it really was a group where these guys got their real start, for the most part. Buffalo Springfield was another group like this, launching the careers of Neil Young, Stephan Stills, Jim Messina and others.

I think most think of a Supergroup as a band that gathers established and respected musicians from a number of successful groups. Wikipedia offers this definition: "a rock music group whose performers are already famous from having performed individually or in other groups." That works for me.

Cream, Blind Faith and CSN (and CSNY) all qualify under that definition. (Of course the Beatles do not.)

I think CrappyPappy is right about Blind Faith. For their very short life, they were really something else.

Two of my favorite little known supergroups were Captain Beyond and Rhinoceros. Looking at their lineups, it's hard to believe they were considered "supergroups", but at the time they were.

And, for the record, I believe Rhinoceros was formed before Blind Faith.

If you haven't already, check out Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scott's? It's one of the best musical performances by an all star band I've ever seen. He has a 23 year old phenom playing base, beautiful GIRL named Tal Wilkenfeld.

If you haven't already, check out Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scott's? It's one of the best musical performances by an all star band I've ever seen. He has a 23 year old phenom playing base, beautiful GIRL named Tal Wilkenfeld.

She is cute and she is good but last I looked she played the bass. :rolleyes:

Terrific album.

I saw Tal with Jeff Beck on a PBS concert a while back and I was very impressed. She looked to be about 16 years old. (Of course, she was older than that.) Since then I have heard her with other fine musicians, including Steely Dan alum Keith Carlock and Wayne Krantz. She looks a bit like one of my former insane girlfriends.