wgr 550 talks about jim kelly

mcdo

I'd take one more shot with a Cali QB. Clausen or a lineman with our 1st pick. Brady is a Cali QB. He's done OK in cold weather. It has nothing to do with being from California and everything to do with our draft evaluators. Kelly better not be in that group.

brady played at Michigan, in a cold weather climate. He had already proven he can play in this environment. TE, JPL, RJ they all were from and PLAYED in warm weather climates.

I'm all for a MAC or Big 10 qb personally. Lefover, Troy Smith, etc. But not Pennington. HE can't throw an out pattern to save his life anymore and he's even less mobile then Bledsoe. that's hard to do...

lets get rid of shoop and the bulldog

Agreed - I can't stand listening to Shoop! He is so condecending/arrogant and his lack of knowledge about football and hockey is very obvious.

I heard Kelly on Rome........ Jimbo certainly didn't convey his message well. Rome asked Jim about his quote regarding CA QB's and Jim said he didn't mean it the way it came accross and that he doesn't think all CA QB's were/are bad, but that they might not be successful in Buffalo due to the weather and in an outdoor stadium as they have been or could be in other venues.....What he was insuating was that whomever the next qb is for Buffalo and wherever he hails from, they need to make sure he has intangibles that will allow him to succeed in Buffalo and he mainly referred to toughness - both mental and physical and having a strong arm to offset the winds at the stadium.

I don't think Jim was bashing anybody that ever came from CA and played QB. His point was that the Bills haven't had any luck with QB's from CA. He just didn't phrase it as well as possible.

Nah, California QBs suck.

Sincerely,

John Elway (Granada Hills HS, Stanford U.)

Troy Aikman (b. West Covina, UCLA)

Dan Fouts (b. San Francisco, St. Ignatius HS)

Warren Moon (Alexander Hamilton HS, West Los Angeles JC)

Tom Brady (b. San Mateo, Junipero HS)

:thumbsup:

Daryl Lamonica-Fresno

Jeff Garcia -watsonville Ca

Jack Kemp-Los angeles

Jim Plunkett-SF area

brady played at Michigan, in a cold weather climate. He had already proven he can play in this environment. TE, JPL, RJ they all were from and PLAYED in warm weather climates.

I'm all for a MAC or Big 10 qb personally. Lefover, Troy Smith, etc. But not Pennington. HE can't throw an out pattern to save his life anymore and he's even less mobile then Bledsoe. that's hard to do...

Joe Ferguson played HS ball in Louisiana and college in Arkansas, both warm weather climates.

So if a Cali QB has played in cold weather, he'll be a good NFL QB. Got it. If not, he can't QB in Buffalo. That totally explains TE, JPL and RJ. Has nothing to do with their mental makeup. Can we just agree that those guys are all wusses?

I was just listening to WGR and they made many disparaging comment about Jim's appearance on Jim Rome. I really think they missed his point. I can't speak for Jim but I'm sure when he was talking about Cali quarterbacks, he was talking about mental toughness and what it takes to play in Buffalo. You'd think that they being in the business they'd be able to recognize when someone is talking metaphorically.

What exactly did they say? I can't picture Howard Simon or anyone at GR dissing Kelly.

What exactly did they say? I can't picture Howard Simon or anyone at GR dissing Kelly.

That's exactly what they did. They took his comments in a literal context and completely missed his point. I know they have a audio vault. It was the morning of Feb 8th around 9am. Check it out.

I'd take one more shot with a Cali QB. Clausen or a lineman with our 1st pick. Brady is a Cali QB. He's done OK in cold weather. It has nothing to do with being from California and everything to do with our draft evaluators. Kelly better not be in that group.

Brady may have grown up in CA, but correct me if I am wrong...did he not play college in Michigan?

4 years in Michigan will toughen most CA players.

Brady may have grown up in CA, but correct me if I am wrong...did he not play college in Michigan?

4 years in Michigan will toughen most CA players.

To everyone who posted...thank you...this was 1st time starting a post. I wasn't sure how it would go,so...thamks again..!!