Coaches may not win every game but shouldn't lose any

Gutsy call on fourth down which did not work by Peyton but the onside did and he made Manning sit for about an hour without the ball.

You may not always get the onside kick or if your Belicheck, convert the fourth down and two on your own thirty-six with a minute plus in the fourth quarter (I think) against Indy which he got crushed in the media for because they did not make it, but you send a message to your team and the other team that we are going after this win with what we do best. Players want to play for coaches that go after it. There never would have been a comeback game without an onside kick and a fourth and five that became a touchdown.

Is it fair that a gutsy call can make the same coach a genius or an idiot on the same play? Maybe not but if the onside kick is not successful and the Colts go on to win the game, you may lose but you lose without any questions and fully knowing that you did everything to win.

Gutsy call on fourth down which did not work by Peyton but the onside did and he made Manning sit for about an hour without the ball.

You may not always get the onside kick or if your Belicheck, convert the fourth down and two on your own thirty-six with a minute plus in the fourth quarter (I think) against Indy which he got crushed in the media for because they did not make it, but you send a message to your team and the other team that we are going after this win with what we do best. Players want to play for coaches that go after it. There never would have been a comeback game without an onside kick and a fourth and five that became a touchdown.

Is it fair that a gutsy call can make the same coach a genius or an idiot on the same play? Maybe not but if the onside kick is not successful and the Colts go on to win the game, you may lose but you lose without any questions and fully knowing that you did everything to win.

After years of Jauron, I was in awe of the brass ones Payton showed in the Super Bowl. I loved the attitude that the bigger the game the bolder you get.

The irony is that we had a guy like that in Mularkey, who at least played like that in the small games, but a lot of the boldness was either ill conceived or he didn't have the players to pull it off.

After years of Jauron, I was in awe of the brass ones Payton showed in the Super Bowl. I loved the attitude that the bigger the game the bolder you get.

The irony is that we had a guy like that in Mularkey, who at least played like that in the small games, but a lot of the boldness was either ill conceived or he didn't have the players to pull it off.

Mularkey wasn't half the coach Payton is.

Trick plays do not equate to boldness.