Bills versus San Diego drafts

Pete

I had this in another thread- just thought some would be interested-

Maybin- could of had Oher or Okrapo or Cushing or Harvin way too early to conclude anything; at this point oj was being called a bust

Whitner- could of had Ngata they passed on ngata because they were switcing to 4-3 and felt he wasn't right for itHardy- could of had Ray Rice or DeSean Jackson at the time Bills fans were demanding they take a tall WR and would have boycotted had they gotten a small one like Jackson

McCargo- could of had DeAngelo or Mangold or Jones Drew or Cromartie agree McCargo pick was awful

Youboty- could of had Brandon Marshall or Owen Daniels or Jahri Evans or Elvis or Leon Washington Brandon Marshal was the miss here, not the other guys

!@#$ing Bledsoe- could of had Aaron Rogers isn't funny how teams with top starting QBs like Packers who had Favre have an uncanny knack for drafting top QBs as backup?

Roscoe- could of had Frank Gore or Justin Tuck or Marion Barber Roscoe sucks but at the time we didn't need a back and other than Gore those other guys are not so great anywayTim Anderson- could of had Matt Schaub or Chris Cooley

Euhus- could of had Jerome Allen we need a TE and need to keep trying until we get one

Dylan Mcfarland- could of had Wes Walker rest of the league passed on Welker too, and after the injury he'll never be the same anwyayMcgahee could of had Dallas Clark or Asomugha

Kelsay- could of had Boldin or Osi or Briggs or Witten would take any of those guys over Kelsay, but Kelsay's not a bust either

Williams- could of had Haynesworth or Ed Reed or John Henderson or Dwight Freeney or Javon Walker !@#$INGMINDBLOWING THAT WE COULD !@#$ THIS PICK UP! Williams was huge bust, no secret there. but every team has them

Josh Reed- could of had LeCharles Bentley Reed was a quality #2 or #3 for several seasons

Coy Wire- could of had David Garrard seriously, who cares about Garrard?

Justin Bannon- could of had Aaron Kampman so could plenty of other teams

Mike Pucillo- could of had James Harrison or Bart Scott read previous comment

We have not had a solid draft since 2001 IMO. Last years draft was good- but we blew the Maybin pick. No **** you can do this with every draft. But my point is there was talent on the boards when we selected. We just chose to pick inferior players. No wonder we have sucked for so long!

Your analysis is highly biased as you only selected certain players from certain rounds, and you fail to identify the other teams that missed on the same players you think are so desirable. My comments in bold on what's there.

gotta love the Bills ability to sell the Inner Circle Jerk to the fans- no one is ever accountable for any decision

The bad picks were not Modrak's fault - although he was head of college scouting

they weren't Buddy Nix's fault although he was the top national scout

they weren't Bandon's fault - he was just he marketing guy

Dick is gone - he made all of the bad picks - but not the good ones.

even better- after the fact, Nix and Modrak claim they really wanted the super-star that was passed over for the bust in fact drafted.

When you have a dysfunctional organization with no clear lines of authority don't be surprised when you get chaos. Because of his sour experience with Donahoe the owner didn't want a stongman type GM. So he tried a consensus approach. It was a disaster. No one on the outside really knows who selected who. That certainly lack of accountability wouldn't happen with the Colts under Polian or with the Chargers under A. J. Smith. Having a diffused front office system was irrational and its disasterous results were predictable.

31 other teams could have had Aaron Schobel. all the teams could have had Jarius Byrd numerous times.

Same with Jason Peters, which we got a 1st & 3rd for.

I don't pretend to think the Bills have been great at drafting, but everyone could have had anyone. If everyone knew Tom Brady was going to turn out the way he did, he would have been the 1st pick in the draft. Instead, 31 other teams could have had him many times over.

Right..you don't judge their draft on who they could have had, you judge it on the performance of the players they did draft. This being said, the Bills have not been good at drafting.

Right..you don't judge their draft on who they could have had, you judge it on the performance of the players they did draft. This being said, the Bills have not been good at drafting.

No **** you can do this with every draft. But my point is there was talent on the boards when we selected.

No **** you can do this with every draft. But my point is there was talent on the boards when we selected.

No ****, there is talent on the board after every selection. My point is if the Bills drafted good no one would care who was left. Every **** team leaves talent on the board. The question is , did they pick a talented player themselves and not some bust or reach as is the case with many Bills' picks