Colts to make Peyton Manning highest paid player in NFL

papazoid

20 million for a 16 game regular season?

Thin about that for a minute and let it sink in, that's more than a million dollars PER GAME. How can that possibly be "worth every penny".

The NFL is just out of control, pure and simple.

^^^This.

IMO no one is worth 20 Million dollars. IF the CBA goes away you can expect Baseball type salaries like the ones for Pithcers who get 15-20mil a year to play once every 5 games. :thumbdown: I did a report on this for my graduation college paper and you would not believe some of the things i found out about the economy.

To talk football now. If Manning was smart he would cut that to 12-13Mil a year so the Colts can surround him with better talent, given they wont have the money to spend on other players with his salary locked up.

What would the record of THIS year's Colts be without Manning...6-10, maybe 7-9? They had 7 or 8 comeback wins.

Peyton IS the best player in the league. If he was playing in Buffalo the Bills would be a SB contender -- even with our current roster.

Would they have needed the comeback wins if they had a lesser QB and had invested the same money elsewhere? Peyton has the talent but they is more than one way to win other than a dominating QB.