WTF SABRES????

Buffalo 66

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sabres had BETTER figure out Ottawa or their season is toast. They'd better hope some other team knocks them off in the playoffs before they have to play them. I like the Sabres, but I have to admit I'm very disappointed in tonight's loss. The Sabres not only had to beat this team, they need to beat them up! It's time to get nasty with this team and bring out the goons because they need to bring some ATTITUDE when they play this team.

The Sabres had BETTER figure out Ottawa or their season is toast. They'd better hope some other team knocks them off in the playoffs before they have to play them. I like the Sabres, but I have to admit I'm very disappointed in tonight's loss. The Sabres not only had to beat this team, they need to beat them up! It's time to get nasty with this team and bring out the goons because they need to bring some ATTITUDE when they play this team.

Honestly, I thought after Connolly tied it up and you got the PP, the Sabres were going to score and complete the comeback. Inexplicably, your team fell apart and gave the Sens the best opportunities to score.

And with a minute left, why was your 4th line on the ice against a mixture of the Sens top players (our coach shuffled the line and put on Alfie (1st line) with Fisher (2nd line) and Kelly (3rd). Did the shuffle confuse Ruff?

As for bringing the nasty, I always think the balance of power shifted after the game with the infamous Neil hit on Drury. When Ruff responded by sending out Mair and Peters and having them go after Spezza and Heatley, that galvanized the Sens. They came out with a vengeance the next game in Ottawa and its been all Ottawa since.

Watched the end and although it was a nice comeback from 2-0 to make it 2-2, giving up that goal with 59.7 seconds left for an NHL level game was inexcusable. Alfredsson was wide open on that pass.

Honestly, I thought after Connolly tied it up and you got the PP, the Sabres were going to score and complete the comeback. Inexplicably, your team fell apart and gave the Sens the best opportunities to score.

And with a minute left, why was your 4th line on the ice against a mixture of the Sens top players (our coach shuffled the line and put on Alfie (1st line) with Fisher (2nd line) and Kelly (3rd). Did the shuffle confuse Ruff?

As for bringing the nasty, I always think the balance of power shifted after the game with the infamous Neil hit on Drury. When Ruff responded by sending out Mair and Peters and having them go after Spezza and Heatley, that galvanized the Sens. They came out with a vengeance the next game in Ottawa and its been all Ottawa since.

Exactly! It was them taking out one of our top players that started all this. They TOOK control of us. Whatever response Ruff came up with fell way short. It's time to deliver a true payback and take control back.

Hey Lindy and Darcy,

IF YOU DON'T HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR BACKUP GOALIE GET ANOTHER ONE!

Every year it's the same thing.

Run Miller into the ground,(before the Olympics)... don't do anything of note at the deadline... have a plan for your backup goalie and don't follow it because you have no confidence in him...expect players to "play out of character"...

watch your best player and Vezina candidate get elbowed in the head and do nothing about it and on and on it goes...

It's been a great year so far but storm clouds are forming on the horizon.

Hey Lindy and Darcy,

IF YOU DON'T HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR BACKUP GOALIE GET ANOTHER ONE!

Every year it's the same thing.

Run Miller into the ground,(before the Olympics)... don't do anything of note at the deadline... have a plan for your backup goalie and don't follow it because you have no confidence in him...expect players to "play out of character"...

watch your best player and Vezina candidate get elbowed in the head and do nothing about it and on and on it goes...

It's been a great year so far but storm clouds are forming on the horizon.

I have been saying it for years... Lindy's shortcomings is at managing his goalies. Tonight was another classic example how a very rusty Lalime looked out there... Sure there was a fluke goal. He should have played Lalime in PITT, Miller against OTT and CAR. Rightly so that Lalime should have got the nod aginst out of conference CLS.

The team is tired and running Miller to a froth isn't helping... Especially before the Olympics. Out of the next 3 games beofore the VAN break... He needs to start Lalime against BOS and play Miller in CAR... Lalime should get next Sat. vs. SJ.