gangsta basketball players

I have been arguing this point for the past few days with my 24 year old son and another friend of mine. They both see this as nothing more then the player having the right to defend himself. As you can well imagine I see it much differently. I for one hold people responsible for thier actions, and therefore I see it this way.

There is no excuse for a player going into the crowd EVER, and assulting a fan. Yes I agree the fan was wrong, and he was going to be dealt with I am sure. ron artest is not a law enforcment officer, and I do not believe that he has any qualifications other then being a thug, to bring the offender to justice.

So, I see it as very clear, any of the players who went into the stands and assulted any fan, they should be banned for life from the NBA. This should also significantly help to lower that gros statistic that shows that nearly 40% of NBA players have either been convicted of a felony, or charged with one.

Now on the other hand, if any fan came onto the court and came after a player....they are fair game in my opinion. No different then when some assclown runs on the field at a football game...I want to see the fool crushed by the largest hardest hitting men on the field. This is basically the difference...the playing field belongs to the players, and they have the right to defend themselves......the rest of the staium or arena belongs to the fans...they should not have to prtect themselves from gangsta thugs.

I did not expect the league to suspend artest for the balance of the season and this was a nice start...but unfortunately it did not go far enough. They could have stopped this kind of gangsta behavior from EVER happing again...if they would have just banned him for life, now they have to live with the consequences.

In the end who will lose the most...of course us the fans. Why, well simple..this is just starting. The end result will be drastically incresed ticket prices due to drastically incresed security. When all of the law suits are finished and there will be many we can expect increased prices because the cost of holding such a high risk event will increase drastically.

Consider this: There will definately be lawsuits against the NBA, the city of detroit, the arena, the teams, the players, and the law enforcement officers because after all is said and done these fans just came to watch a game...they did not expect to be assualted. yes, even those who threw the plastic cup, and beer.

You know Rich, I TOTALLY agree.

:w00t::o:o

I know you don't agree on my parallels... But, what you explained is how most of the world views the US.

You don't need to flame me... Those are my views...

The world has been losing a lot of people to terrorism for sometime. 3,000 people in the US is hienous and my sympathy goes out. I don't view things as strong as other parts of the world but, they see it as the plastic cup.

No need to chime in Plastic Cup... ;);)

Why "gangsta thugs" instead of just "athletes". What's your point? "Gangsta thugs" suggests a certain stereotype, and while it may be somewhat approprate with regards to some of the players involved in this incident, it's also unnecessary in this conversation. I see no difference between this incident and the Dodgers players that went into the stands after fans a couple of years ago, aside from the duration and intensity of the event.

Is it just me, or do other people see a lot of racism in some of the recent threads on this board? I'm not blind to the fact that racism is and bigotry are alive and well in our society - I just thought that most people at least had the good sense and decency hide their ugly prejudices from the rest of us.

Why "gangsta thugs" instead of just "athletes".  What's your point?  "Gangsta thugs" suggests a certain stereotype, and while it may be somewhat approprate with regards to some of the players involved in this incident, it's also unnecessary in this conversation. 

130864[/snapback]

Umm... maybe you didn't notice the pigmentation of their skin...?

Black athletes are playboys and criminals. When they're not sodomizing our beautiful white women, they're attacking poor, innocent fat whities that throw junk at them.

Umm... maybe you didn't notice the pigmentation of their skin...?

Black athletes are playboys and criminals.  When they're not sodomizing our beautiful white women, they're attacking poor, innocent fat whities that throw junk at them.

130876[/snapback]

I'm not even black and don't even know why I'm getting all bent out of shape about this, but I think you're dead on.

The Compassionate Conservative Christian Right rears its ugly head yet again. WWJD?

Look, liberals who don't have a point to make immediately pretending it's a race issue.  How very surprising.

130945[/snapback]

Get a life. I agree with nearly everything he said and made my point in my first response. You seem to attack liberals when you don't have a point to make. What's your point?

Look, liberals who don't have a point to make immediately pretending it's a race issue.  How very surprising.

130945[/snapback]

Look, people who pretend to be libertarians who don't have a point to make immediately pretend it's not a race issue. How very surprising.

See how easy that is?

Get a life.  I agree with nearly everything he said and made my point in my first response.  You seem to attack liberals when you don't have a point to make.  What's your point?

130951[/snapback]

I attack everyone who is being an idiot.

Racism has little to do with the judgement of Ron Artest or anyone else acting like a thug, regardless of their race, creed, color, or religion,

It's always funny when someone tosses that card based on a word grouping. "Gangsta thugs" isn't solely limited to the black community. Ask the police in Lincoln, Nebraska.

It is underneath it all, yet, Stern had to do what he did.  RA is just flat wrong.

130967[/snapback]

Absolutely! All the ATHLETES involved in this incident were wrong and should be severely punished. ATHLETES are looked up to by children and should be held to a higher standard. This is no way for ATHLETES to act.

Absolutely!  All the ATHLETES involved in this incident were wrong and should be severely punished.  ATHLETES are looked up to by children and should be held to a higher standard.  This is no way for ATHLETES to act.

130972[/snapback]

Everyone should be held to the same standards. That's what the Constitution says.

Why "gangsta thugs" instead of just "athletes".  What's your point?  "Gangsta thugs" suggests a certain stereotype, and while it may be somewhat approprate with regards to some of the players involved in this incident, it's also unnecessary in this conversation.  I see no difference between this incident and the Dodgers players that went into the stands after fans a couple of years ago, aside from the duration and intensity of the event.

Is it just me, or do other people see a lot of racism in some of the recent threads on this board?  I'm not blind to the fact that racism is and bigotry are alive and well in our society - I just thought that most people at least had the good sense and decency hide their ugly prejudices from the rest of us.

130864[/snapback]

So what exactly are you saying? Why don't you simply be man enough to call me a racist?

Of course I am not a racist, I am simply stateing my viewpoint, and in my opinion these punks acted like gansta thugs. No more comlicated then that. Why do you have to inject race into the conversation? I think that makes you a racist.

So what exactly are you saying? Why don't you simply be man enough to call me a racist?

130989[/snapback]

I thought I did.

Why do you have to inject race into the conversation? I think that makes you a racist.

130989[/snapback]

Completely logical, of course it does! (I know you are, but what am I!)

Get a life.  I agree with nearly everything he said and made my point in my first response.  You seem to attack liberals when you don't have a point to make.  What's your point?

130951[/snapback]

Excuse me, where did you agree with anything in my post, and what point were you trying to make?....that us conservatives are racist, and bigoted jerks?

I thought I did.

Completely logical, of course it does!  (I know you are, but what am I!)

130997[/snapback]

Typical liberal assmonkey move. nice job.....I see that you are capable of holding nothing that resembles meaningful conversation.

Good day.

Typical liberal assmonkey move. nice job.....I see that you are capable of holding nothing that resembles meaningful conversation.

Good day.

131005[/snapback]

Don't worry. Homophobes like Frenkle need to do thinks like this to mask their own insecurities. Just play along.

Don't worry. Homophobes like Frenkle need to do thinks like this to mask their own insecurities. Just play along.

131013[/snapback]

I've read at least 5 1/2 posts by Gene.

He has homophobe written all over him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was Fred Phelps himself.

www.godhatesfags.com

Why "gangsta thugs" instead of just "athletes".  What's your point?  "Gangsta thugs" suggests a certain stereotype, and while it may be somewhat approprate with regards to some of the players involved in this incident, it's also unnecessary in this conversation.  I see no difference between this incident and the Dodgers players that went into the stands after fans a couple of years ago, aside from the duration and intensity of the event.

Is it just me, or do other people see a lot of racism in some of the recent threads on this board?  I'm not blind to the fact that racism is and bigotry are alive and well in our society - I just thought that most people at least had the good sense and decency hide their ugly prejudices from the rest of us.

130864[/snapback]

Apparently you haven't heard the wonderful news, Racism is dead. It hasn't existed except in the minds of white, eastern, effete, liberal, elitist wusses since sometime in 1979. The precise moment of the end of all racism hasn't yet been identified by cultural archaeologists but most experts agree that it occurred sometime after the cancellation of "Good Times" and the debut of "Benson". The controversial "What's Happening" theory has been largely debunked in most credible circles though it too was canceled in 1979.

Apparently you haven't heard the wonderful news, Racism is dead.  It hasn't existed except in the minds of white, eastern, effete, liberal, elitist wusses since sometime in 1979.  The precise moment of the end of all racism hasn't yet been identified by cultural archaeologists but most experts agree that it occurred sometime after the cancellation of "Good Times" and the debut of "Benson".  The controversial "What's Happening" theory has been largely debunked in most credible circles though it too was canceled in 1979.

131023[/snapback]

No stevestojan! My apologies to Bushio - I had no idea. This changes everything! :w00t:

Holy crap!  I totally missed this one.  I'm a homophobe now?!?!  LMFAO!!!

131038[/snapback]

Yup. I went to the Gene Frenkle School of Deductive Reasoning. That is how I came to that conclusion.

:w00t:

That DIPloma must have taken at least 8 minutes of instruction.

131042[/snapback]

No, it takes 8 minutes for the Graduate Degree. I just spent the 2.5 minutes necessary for the Undergraduate Degree.

130864[/snapback]

It's just you.

Really, you're the only one I see making race an issue. Worse, you're turning racially neutral items (e.g. someone's dislike of a musical style) into overtly white supremacist viewpoints.

And somehow...it's all our fault. Right. Because we're responsible for your psychoses. :w00t:

It's just you.

Really, you're the only one I see making race an issue.  Worse, you're turning racially neutral items (e.g. someone's dislike of a musical style) into overtly white supremacist viewpoints. 

And somehow...it's all our fault.  Right.  Because we're responsible for your psychoses.  :w00t:

131137[/snapback]

Another member of ICE's family invades TBD.