Dan Lefeover

rpcolosi

I don't believe you can call the MAC major college football.

You gotta stop. You start a silly thread about DL trying to bash him and he is arguably the best QB in the Senior Bowl. He is a gamer and makes plays in every game to help his team win. You're coming across as very foolish. And the MAC record on QBs is a good pretty good one. But keep hating on DL and the MAC. You're looking real smart. :blink:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DLF

-He's a spread QB

-80% of his passes were under ten yards (Trent 2.0)

-The competition he's faced is 2nd teir

Saying that Clausen is Brady Quinn is the most ignorant thing that I've heard people say on this board. Quinn has a mediocre arm and throws a horrible floating deep ball. When he was at ND, he had a very good o line and a solid running game. Clausen had a ZERO running and bad Oline, yet he made great throw after great throw. His deep ball was always on point and he routinely threw to the opposite hash with accuracy and ease. He also makes no mistakes. Clausen will be a very good pro and LeFevour will be sittig on someones bench until he's eventuallly cut.

And JC might be throwing to 2 1st round receivers (not to mention a very promising tight end) and had the benefit of being in Weis' system for his entire career. He also played a much, much weaker schedule than Quinn. It's foolish to say at this point which Qbs will fail or succeed, but it is completely ignorant to ignore than JC might be a product of a great system.

LeFevour looks good except for the arm strength. Unless something changed this guy does not have the arm I am looking for. He seems to do a lot of nice things but no arm. Honestly I only looked at highlights of the guy but those are supposed to be his best plays. I saw no bullet passes that got there in a hurry with no arc and the longest balls I saw him throw were at best 40yd rainbows.

A big arm isn't everything in the NFL. I think we ALL know this. For me, it's the price of admission for a franchise QB in Buffalo. At the bare minimum the guy needs a big arm to walk in the door. If you don't have it, don't bother sending me your resume.

You gotta stop. You start a silly thread about DL trying to bash him and he is arguably the best QB in the Senior Bowl. He is a gamer and makes plays in every game to help his team win. You're coming across as very foolish. And the MAC record on QBs is a good pretty good one. But keep hating on DL and the MAC. You're looking real smart. :blink:

Yeah...ok....um, good point.. :blink:

I second PDaDdy. Thats the thing about QB searches in Buffalo. Most of us know it's not all about arm strength but in BLo it IS a little more of a factor late in the year. I think Lefeover probably has a decent NFL future, as long as it's not in the nasty northeast parts of the country.

LeFevour looks good except for the arm strength. Unless something changed this guy does not have the arm I am looking for. He seems to do a lot of nice things but no arm. Honestly I only looked at highlights of the guy but those are supposed to be his best plays. I saw no bullet passes that got there in a hurry with no arc and the longest balls I saw him throw were at best 40yd rainbows.

A big arm isn't everything in the NFL. I think we ALL know this. For me, it's the price of admission for a franchise QB in Buffalo. At the bare minimum the guy needs a big arm to walk in the door. If you don't have it, don't bother sending me your resume.

I get your point but how was the arm strength of the last QB to take us to the playoffs? IMO, in Buffalo, it is almost as important to have a QB who can make plays with their feet because on some days, no QB (no matter how strong their arm is) is going to be able to cut the wind.

I second PDaDdy. Thats the thing about QB searches in Buffalo. Most of us know it's not all about arm strength but in BLo it IS a little more of a factor late in the year. I think Lefeover probably has a decent NFL future, as long as it's not in the nasty northeast parts of the country.

Again, he played in Michigan.

Aware of him playing in Mich.... but in late season bad weather games were his passes effective cutting through the wind on an NFL level? I know he's "used" to playing in it, but can he cut it at a proffesional level? Playing in a dome I'm very interested in him, playing in Buffalo.....not so much. This is a very similar case to the Philip Rivers debate. He worked out in sunny San Diego, would he be as good playing late in the year in Buffalo?...........

I get your point but how was the arm strength of the last QB to take us to the playoffs? IMO, in Buffalo, it is almost as important to have a QB who can make plays with their feet because on some days, no QB (no matter how strong their arm is) is going to be able to cut the wind.

Drew Bledsoe had a big arm as did Rob Johnson before him. Even Doug Flutie had a gun on him. I guess my question would be who is the last less than strong armed QB who got us to the play offs. We have to go back before Jim Kelly to answer that one. That is too far back for me to really gauge arm strength.

Whoever will bring us success will have to have a brain and some balls as well as the big arm price of admission. Mobility is a huge added bonus if they have that as well.

And JC might be throwing to 2 1st round receivers (not to mention a very promising tight end) and had the benefit of being in Weis' system for his entire career. He also played a much, much weaker schedule than Quinn. It's foolish to say at this point which Qbs will fail or succeed, but it is completely ignorant to ignore than JC might be a product of a great system.

I agree that Clausen had some great weapons to throw to, but so did Quinn, Jeff Schamardjazazaja (I think thats how you spell his name), Stovall and Rhema McNight were all solid players. He also had John Carlson and Anthony Fasano at Tight End and Darious Walker, who was a solid RB running and catching the ball. Quinn also had a very good O line in front of him.

Clausen, on the other hand did have Tate, who was nothing short of spectacluar this year. However, Floyd was hurt for 6 games this year, including the USC game. And Ruldoph missed the last 3 games. And there is no arguing the fact that ND's OLine was terrible and their running game was non existent.

So when you really break it down, Clausen wasn't playing with the supporting cast that Quinn was. Also, Quinn was not the prospect that Clausen was coming into college. If Willingham stays or Quinn goes to Ohio St, there is no such thing as Brady Quinn as we know him. Clausen was an Uber prospect who came from a football factory of a high school and chose Weiss because Weiss does develop QB's. When did recieving good coaching become a bad thing? And you throw around the word "system" and awful lot. ND didn't run a spread, zone read or triple option offense. It's Charlie Weiss's offense, it uses multiple formations and takes what the defense gives him. Does that make Tom Brady a sytem QB?

Look, I hate ND, but I watched every game this year (not WSU) because they were always great games and the one thing that always stood out to me was that Clausen was the sole reason why they were any games. He took big hits, he played with torn ligaments in his toe, he makes all of the throws and most importantly to me he made zero mistakes. During all of those comebacks and close games, none of them ended with a Clausen INT. That's the guy I want and I could care less that I hate ND!

I agree that Clausen had some great weapons to throw to, but so did Quinn, Jeff Schamardjazazaja (I think thats how you spell his name), Stovall and Rhema McNight were all solid players. He also had John Carlson and Anthony Fasano at Tight End and Darious Walker, who was a solid RB running and catching the ball. Quinn also had a very good O line in front of him.

Clausen, on the other hand did have Tate, who was nothing short of spectacluar this year. However, Floyd was hurt for 6 games this year, including the USC game. And Ruldoph missed the last 3 games. And there is no arguing the fact that ND's OLine was terrible and their running game was non existent.

So when you really break it down, Clausen wasn't playing with the supporting cast that Quinn was. Also, Quinn was not the prospect that Clausen was coming into college. If Willingham stays or Quinn goes to Ohio St, there is no such thing as Brady Quinn as we know him. Clausen was an Uber prospect who came from a football factory of a high school and chose Weiss because Weiss does develop QB's. When did recieving good coaching become a bad thing? And you throw around the word "system" and awful lot. ND didn't run a spread, zone read or triple option offense. It's Charlie Weiss's offense, it uses multiple formations and takes what the defense gives him. Does that make Tom Brady a sytem QB?

Look, I hate ND, but I watched every game this year (not WSU) because they were always great games and the one thing that always stood out to me was that Clausen was the sole reason why they were any games. He took big hits, he played with torn ligaments in his toe, he makes all of the throws and most importantly to me he made zero mistakes. During all of those comebacks and close games, none of them ended with a Clausen INT. That's the guy I want and I could care less that I hate ND!

I say pass on all qbs this season and wait for Jake Locker or Ryan Mallet next season.Bring in a vet qb to get us through this season and get real franchise qb next year.

The greatest buffalo qbs did have outstanding arm strength. Kemp, Lamonica, Kelly. I guess limited arm strength for OUR weather conditions is a real sticking point. Too bad, in that I like Lefeover, but have to go with the rest who would pass on him for lack of arm strength.

The greatest buffalo qbs did have outstanding arm strength. Kemp, Lamonica, Kelly. I guess limited arm strength for OUR weather conditions is a real sticking point. Too bad, in that I like Lefeover, but have to go with the rest who would pass on him for lack of arm strength.

Wait for Locker or Mallet next year.Those 2 will be outstanding franchise qbs.

Yeah, wait for a franchise QB next year and watch him go 10-15 picks ahead of the Bills draft slot. We're always not quite bad enough and miss out. The only hope is some teams overthink Bradford or Clausen and we jump on it. As mentioned in other threads Troy Smith could be an option instead of waiting for a miracle.........

Again, I'm not saying Clausen won't be a good NFL QB but there's just something about him I don't like. And for the sake of comparison, CMU and Notre Dame played one common opponent, MSU. http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292620087

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292550127

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292620087

This isn't everything I know, but DL outpassed and had more tds than JC. Also, CMU was on the road while ND was at home. ND's Allen had over 100 yards rushing (thus JC had a running game that game) while CMU's leading rusher had 27 yards.

It's nothing against JC, but I jsut love everything DL brings to the table. He is not the smoothest QB on the planet but he just makes plays that wins games.

After watching the game. He was by far the best QB of the game.

I don't know. I thought that Zach Robinson kid looked like the best QB out there. I had never heard of him. But he looked very good. And they were saying he had thrown for a ton of yards in college. Might be worth looking into in round 3 or so?

Again, I'm not saying Clausen won't be a good NFL QB but there's just something about him I don't like. And for the sake of comparison, CMU and Notre Dame played one common opponent, MSU. [url="http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?

This isn't everything I know, but DL outpassed and had more tds than JC. Also, CMU was on the road while ND was at home. ND's Allen had over 100 yards rushing (thus JC had a running game that game) while CMU's leading rusher had 27 yards.

Their stats were pretty much identical except LeFvour threw more passes and a pick. Clausen was perfect that game and averaged 3 more yds per pass attempt than DLF did. And again, Clausen did not turn the ball over. Michael Floyd also went down in the 1st half that game. And not that it means much, but Clausen had a 175 QB rating and DLF had a 143 QBR against MSU.

They had one more common opponent, Boston College and Clausen again played another flawless game. 246 yds 2td's and ZERO turnovers (No Michael Floyd in that game either). DLF on the other hand had a bad game. 152 Yds ZERO TD's and 1 INT on 34 atts.

And this leads to the bigger problem that I have with DLF, against his two toughest opponents, BC and Arizona, he was a combined 38 of 65 for 260 yds and 2 INTs. I'm sorry but that is terrible. If you look at Clausen, the thing that jumps out at you from game to game, is consistency. He's always around 300 yds and 2-4 TDs and only 4 picks the entire year.

I think Clausen is a can't miss prospect who gets a bad rap for being the QB of ND and having an attitude coming in to college. From everything I've read, his teammates love him and people around the program say that he's grrown leaps and bounds from where he was when he first showed up in a limmo for his presser. I hated him to coming into this year but game after game he convinced me that he has all of the tools to be a very good QB.