Should we sign Ryan Leaf?

Since someone actually has a post suggesting we should trade for the worst starting QB in the NFL, it must be some kind of contest to suggest really awful players and make nutty arguements why the Bills need them.

I think the Bills should sign Ryan Leaf because he was a #1 pick right behind Peyton Manning. And if Manning is a hall of fame QB then Ryan must be one too because he went right behind Manning in the draft. Now it's true that Leaf had some rough years...and been out of the league forever....but maybe all Leaf needs is a change of scenery to really blossom. And I bet Chan Gailey would like a project like Leaf to make his job that much harder. After all any coach can win with good players. Where's the challenge in that?

Leaf is big and strong and kind of cute and I bet he will take the veteran minimum. What do you think? :unsure:

PTR

Since someone actually has a post suggesting we should trade for the worst starting QB in the NFL, it must be some kind of contest to suggest really awful players and make nutty arguements why the Bills need them.

I think the Bills should sign Ryan Leaf because he was a #1 pick right behind Peyton Manning. And if Manning is a hall of fame QB then Ryan must be one too because he went right behind Manning in the draft. Now it's true that Leaf had some rough years...and been out of the league forever....but maybe all Leaf needs is a change of scenery to really blossom. And I bet Chan Gailey would like a project like Leaf to make his job that much harder. After all any coach can win with good players. Where's the challenge in that?

Leaf is big and strong and kind of cute and I bet he will take the veteran minimum. What do you think? :unsure:

PTR

So, couldn't you have saved us from this non-sense...and posted your stuff in 'said post?'

PTR

He is too much of a hot head for this team. I would much rather go after another 1st rounder, and I'm talking about The Sofa....that's right Tim Couch. Bring him on.

PTR

I think you're right. Leaf was brought along too quickly in San Diego, he was the victim of bad coaching and other very bad circumstances, the competition from a veteran QB spoiled his confidence, and it's not his fault that he's now considered a bust. Hey, with physical gifts like his, why not give him another chance? I mean, you can just see the potential there, right? Originally chosen by San Diego, Leaf has the potential to become the next Drew Brees story.

I can see the story unfolding now: a former NFL first round pick, down on his luck, gets picked up by the Las Vegas Locomotives. Leads them to a championship! Then gets signed by Buffalo, and proves to the NFL that he should have been treated better in the past. All Leaf needs for this to happen is the beard!

PTR

sounds a little homo...

Leaf is big and strong and kind of cute and I bet he will take the veteran minimum. What do you think? :w00t:

PTR

Your logic is flawless. I agree 100%. The only thing that bothers me is that they wouldn't lose a draft pick to sign him. Could they give one back to the NFL just for the privilege of being able to sign him?

I got nervous when I saw your name next to this thread, but am now relieved to find it a joke.

Close call, there, buddy.... :unsure:

I was curious about that too. :w00t:

I was really hoping to bring in Andre Woodson, from kentucky, yeah yeah, i know what your gonna say. He was a 6th rd pick, and he did get cut instead of Jared Lorenzen (another diamond in the rough), and nobody signed him after that, but that doesn't mean he can't lead us back to GLORY (for the league minimum, of course).

So, with that said...WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!??????

anybody, anybody, bueller, bueller, bueller....rats, thought I had a winner there.

Whenever I see the word FAIL it reminds me of this disturbing yet funny video that my kids showed me. I'm glad he's not my son.

God Lord Man!!

You know that kid is growing up with issues.

Was that Leaf as a child? :unsure:

PTR

Promo is hitting the sauce early today?