Jennings' replacement is probably on the roster

Coach Tuesday

MM said this week Jason Peters has been working almost exclusively at tackle, and MM may want him to stick around McNally all offseason rather than go to NFL Europe. They're really trying to find a diamond in the rough with this one... If he doesn't work out, I think they may move MW over, under McNally's tutelage of course, and try to get Price, MacFarland or even Teague ready to man the RT spot. I just don't see them shelling out big $$ for a tackle, and Jennings is as good as gone (you just don't franchise someone as inconsistent as he is).

MM said this week Jason Peters has been working almost exclusively at tackle, and MM may want him to stick around McNally all offseason rather than go to NFL Europe.  They're really trying to find a diamond in the rough with this one... If he doesn't work out, I think they may move MW over, under McNally's tutelage of course, and try to get Price, MacFarland or even Teague ready to man the RT spot.  I just don't see them shelling out big $$ for a tackle, and Jennings is as good as gone (you just don't franchise someone as inconsistent as he is).

130248[/snapback]

Ok so we can't start our first round rookie QB, but fans want us to replace a veteran LT with an undrafted rookie TE at the end of this season?

:lol:

MW is NOT LT material. LTs are typically more agile & quicker than RTs as the usually face the better pass rushers. I think most teams typically are right oriented w/ respect to running (usually the strong side). Those are 2 reasons why MW is better suited for the right side. As for Peters, if the guy was a TE & he covers KOs, one can only assume he can motor, which probably translates to being more agile & mobile. He is suited for LT, although I can only assume he'll be very raw & not likely desirable to start next year.

Ok so we can't start our first round rookie QB, but fans want us to replace a veteran LT with an undrafted rookie TE at the end of this season?

:lol:

130256[/snapback]

The original comments says nothing about replacing Jennings at the end of this season. It says that after spending next offseason with McNally, Peters is a candidate to replace Jennings.

I guess reading comprehension is secondary to a crusade.

Anyone at the game could see this kid Peters can play. He has great mobility and agility especially for a 315 lb. guy. He blocks VERY well but got called for a cheesy holding penalty. Recovered a fumble. This guy could be a great player.

Marcus Price is the back up flip tackle for when one of the starters misses time. Nothing more nothing less. Beleive it or not, even though he was undrafted, Peters has the tools to be a good offensive lineman. It's whats upstairs which caused him to go undrafted.

MM said this week Jason Peters has been working almost exclusively at tackle, and MM may want him to stick around McNally all offseason rather than go to NFL Europe.  They're really trying to find a diamond in the rough with this one... If he doesn't work out, I think they may move MW over, under McNally's tutelage of course, and try to get Price, MacFarland or even Teague ready to man the RT spot.  I just don't see them shelling out big $$ for a tackle, and Jennings is as good as gone (you just don't franchise someone as inconsistent as he is).

130248[/snapback]

You never know, Jennings could resign at a reasonable price.