Spend Like Idiots!?

XTC

Evans is a #2 on a contender.

I saw we move him into that position. His contract is big for a team that needs to undergo a complete rebuild. He'll be entirely spent by the time the Bills are competitive again. There may be a team with a strong enough interest to get a 2nd+more for him.

What receiver do we bring in opposite of Lee? Do I dare dream of a Brandon Marshall? Or, have I been breathing futility fumes again?

Please don't tell me A) Hardy or B) Johnson------------ neither is ready for #2 spot.

So give me your realistic starter opposite Evans....

What kind of excitement would you like from your offseason? We got bread & water instead of a fancy snacks at the Head Coaching buffet, should there be a little extra jingle in RW's pocket for us or not?

No free agent is coming here. We have no QB and no OL.

Evans is a #2 on a contender.

This Bills offense is not entirely devoid of playmakers.

Lee Evans is #1 WR on a team with good offensive coaching, a decent O line and good play caller. I suspect Gailey will be very busy revising the play book, the scheme and protections. Fred Jackson may see more action in the passing game as well in Gaileys offense.

Meh... a realistic starter..? Sorry, but the likes of Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin? That's a pipe dream with the Buffalo Bills... Realistically, like others have said, it will probably be a training camp competition against Steve Johnson and James Hardy... Unless, we can possibly bring in a Kevin Walter type... but I doubt it.

I have a feeling the Bills will sign free agents at other positions of need... As good as signing a big time, sexy FA WR or trading for one might sound, I think T.O. was it... and really, he was only to sell tickets for a season.

Chris Chambers.

I think it's sink or swim time for Hardy, but a low to mid-level free agent like Chambers seems like the most realistic addition to the receiving core in case Hardy sinks.

Lee Evans is #1 WR on a team with good offensive coaching, a decent O line and good play caller. I suspect Gailey will be very busy revising the play book, the scheme and protections. Fred Jackson may see more action in the passing game as well in Gaileys offense.

I agree. I think Evans has been underutilized due to incompetence and conservativeness among the former coaching staff, and the offensive line not allowing time for deep routes. Hopefully Gailey has ideas on how to get Evans the ball more often.

I used to think that about Lee, now I'm not entirely sure he is an absolute #1. I think we hope he is, but we've never seen it. The definition of hope is; A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment. At this point this is all Lee Evans is. I don't think an O-line and good play calling makes it absolute that he is. Just more hope.