o my god

Berg

Hymn music playing in the background of the 911 call while she waited calmly.

Just like the Christian-cult sickos in RI who starved their babies to death.

"Tell me where is the love in what your prophet has said?

Man, It sounds to me just like a prison for the walking dead"

On Edit: BTW, what can Child Services really do about this stuff? Other than times when a husband, neighbors, etc call to report there might be a problem (which happens very rarely, they can't be bothered to get involved, and hey, she's Christian so I guess that means it'll be all right :lol:) they are reactive agencies. Something has to precipitate action on their part and those are the cases that constitute the job. Blaming them for not protecting the child is like blaming the Army occupying the street corners of Iraq for the CIA's failed pre-war intelligence. They can't just barge in on anyone and inspect whether its an adeqate situation. Often it's only after some serious harm like this case. There's no way to be pre-emptive unless you start violating the Constitution and breaking down doors.

And here in Seattle, the other contestant for mother of the year is a fat pig who has a total of seven kids, and who let two of them starve to death this past week. The found hundreds of empty beer cans and momma obviously didn't miss many meals, as the kids wasted away.

Hymn music playing in the background of the 911 call while she waited calmly.

Just like the Christian-cult sickos in RI who starved their babies to death.

"Tell me where is the love in what your prophet has said?

Man, It sounds to me just like a prison for the walking dead"

130497[/snapback]

LOL!

Family values strike again.

Christian psychos are lucky that Muslim psycho's out-psycho them all, or else there'd be more of an outcry in this country against the religious right. Because let's face it, deeply fundamentalist people of any religion are always insane.

Imagine Jerry Falwell with a machine gun or a suitcase nuke.

LOL!

Family values strike again.

Christian psychos are lucky that Muslim psycho's out-psycho them all, or else there'd be more of an outcry in this country against the religious right.  Because let's face it, deeply fundamentalist people of any religion are always insane.

Imagine Jerry Falwell with a machine gun or a suitcase nuke.

130824[/snapback]

Didn't your mommy teach you to never use absolutes?

Didn't your mommy teach you to never use absolutes?

130931[/snapback]

LOL!

Since I specifically singled out religious fundamentalists, perhaps I need to re-clarify.

Did I mention it was about religious fundamentalists?

Because honestly, I thought that since I said religious fundamentalists, people actually read the part about religious fundamentalists.

This post is dedicated to idiot America.

LOL!

Since I specifically singled out religious fundamentalists, perhaps I need to re-clarify. 

Did I mention it was about religious fundamentalists?

Because honestly, I thought that since I said religious fundamentalists, people actually read the part about religious fundamentalists.

This post is dedicated to idiot America.

130949[/snapback]

So? Absolutes rarely ring true. Even less so when human beings are involved.

So then you disagree that the current "for profit" media plays a role in shaping national opinion in a negative way?

131021[/snapback]

Now, now... let's not change the subject, you rugged Alaskin.

Green Day dropped their best song in since '97 with American Idiot. There is a bias in the media that's bigger than liberal or conservative. The fact that the news is ratings driven rather than information driven tends to cause a dumbing down effect of the American public. Sensationalism is a far bigger problem than the left or right talking heads that make me prefer Full House to cable news.

The point I was making, is that Green Day makes liberal use of generalizations to make their point. References to American Idiot, Redneck Agenda, Faggot America, etc. Generalizations aren't bad if you target people on specific, definable terms.

American Idiot

Now, now... let's not change the subject, you rugged Alaskin.

Green Day dropped their best song in since '97 with American Idiot.  There is a bias in the media that's bigger than liberal or conservative.  The fact that the news is ratings driven rather than information driven tends to cause a dumbing down effect of the American public.  Sensationalism is a far bigger problem than the left or right talking heads that make me prefer Full House to cable news.

The point I was making, is that Green Day makes liberal use of generalizations to make their point.  References to American Idiot, Redneck Agenda, Faggot America, etc.  Generalizations aren't bad if you target people on specific, definable terms.

American Idiot

131045[/snapback]

Uh, I didn't cite the entire song, only a couple of lines which coincide directly to an opinion of mine. Don't let that get in your way of continuing this inane banter, though.

BTW Tubesteak, I happen to agree with Barry Sobel that pretty much every stereotype has some basis in truth. Doesn't change the fact that my "didn't your mommy" post was pretty much sarcasm. Far be it from someone so obviously versed in nuance to miss same.

Uh, I didn't cite the entire song, only a couple of lines which coincide directly to an opinion of mine.  Don't let that get in your way of continuing this inane banter, though.

BTW Tubesteak, I happen to agree with Barry Sobel that pretty much every stereotype has some basis in truth.  Doesn't change the fact that my "didn't your mommy" post was pretty much sarcasm.  Far be it from someone so obviously versed in nuance to miss same.

131062[/snapback]

LOL, let's retroactively change the original meaning of your post after you dogged innocent, little Wham Rocks 2 or 3 times for using such horrible generalizations! Mama joke or not, its a message you reiterate quite a bit.

Don't get me wrong, if I feel like I'm fairly defining my victims, generalizations are great.

And lets have some fun with a game called semantics... Calling people who mindlessly absorb news from coloring book cable news stations American Idiots is mucn different than calling people who embrace religious fanatacism Fundamentalists?

Come on home, we're in agreement.

LOL, let's retroactively change the original meaning of your post after you dogged innocent, little Wham Rocks 2 or 3 times for using such horrible generalizations!  Mama joke or not, its a message you reiterate quite a bit.

Don't get me wrong, if I feel like I'm fairly defining my victims, generalizations are great.

And lets have some fun with a game called semantics... Calling people who mindlessly absorb news from coloring book cable news stations American Idiots is mucn different than calling people who embrace religious fanatacism Fundamentalists?

Come on home, we're in agreement.

131085[/snapback]

I didn't retroactively change anything. Since currently I'm the only one residing in my head (the others are napping), there's not much to debate.

It's a message I reiterate quite a bit because it needs to be said. Not all Republicans are old wealthy white men who don't care about their neighbors. Not all Democrats are poor minority welfare single mothers who only care about their next fix. Not all NASCAR fans date their sisters. Etc.

The difference is I know what my definition is. Yours is unclear.

I didn't retroactively change anything.  Since currently I'm the only one residing in my head (the others are napping), there's not much to debate.

It's a message I reiterate quite a bit because it needs to be said.  Not all Republicans are old wealthy white men who don't care about their neighbors.  Not all Democrats are poor minority welfare single mothers who only care about their next fix.  Not all NASCAR fans date their sisters.  Etc.

The difference is I know what my definition is.  Yours is unclear.

131095[/snapback]

Here's for all you non-American Idiots.

Enjoy!