[POLL] Free Agent QBs?

PDaDdy

Which Free Agent QB is the best option for our team  

56 members have voted

1. 1. QB

• Kyle Orton, Denver Broncos (27)
    • Jason Campbell, Washington Redskins (28)
    • Chad Pennington, Miami Dolphins (34)
    • Tarvaris Jackson, Minnesota Vikings (27)
    • Kellen Clemens, New York Jets (27)
    • Troy Smith, Baltimore Ravens (26) ? Restricted FA
    • Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles (29)

Kyle Orton, Denver Broncos (27)

Jason Campbell, Washington Redskins (28)

Chad Pennington, Miami Dolphins (34)

Tarvaris Jackson, Minnesota Vikings (27)

Kellen Clemens, New York Jets (27)

Troy Smith, Baltimore Ravens (26) – Restricted FA

Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles (29)

Other than possibly Chad Pennington and his super weak arm I think any of these guys would be an upgrade for us. A good number of them come with some mobility which could help them running for their lives behind our current offensive line.

Personally, I think I am leaning towards Troy Smith or Micheal Vick with Kellen Clemens and Travaris Jackson tied as close seconds. Yes, I was leaning towards Troy Smith before Donte started campaigning for him. Other than some ridiculously bad luck 2 years ago Troy was going to be the Ravens starter. Unfortunately for him Flacco was a higher draft pick, manned the wheel while his team won a few games and had that prototypical QB size coaches swoon over.

Kyle Orton:low ceiling. Trent or Ryan could have equal numbers with better coaching/players. Yes our LT and coach were that bad.

Chad Pennington: noodle, age

Tarvaris Jackson: Brett's waffling will keep him in Minny. Inconsistent.

Kellen Clemens: UHGTBFKM!

Troy Smith– Restricted FA: I would give up a second for McNabb but no picks for a 5'10" QB with very little starting NFL exp.

Michael Vick: Great player, mediocre QB, felon, hasn't taken meaningful snaps in 3 years

Jason Campbell: some experience, some upside, played on a bad team, his coach left. Ready for a change?

Kyle Orton:low ceiling. Trent or Ryan could have equal numbers with better coaching/players. Yes our LT and coach were that bad.

Chad Pennington: noodle, age

Tarvaris Jackson: Brett's waffling will keep him in Minny. Inconsistent.

Kellen Clemens: UHGTBFKM!

Troy Smith– Restricted FA: I would give up a second for McNabb but no picks for a 5'10" QB with very little starting NFL exp.

Michael Vick: Great player, mediocre QB, felon, hasn't taken meaningful snaps in 3 years

Jason Campbell: some experience, some upside, played on a bad team, his coach left. Ready for a change?

LOL. Kellen Clemens isn't that bad!

I AM NOT a college football expert. Basically I research possible draft picks and look at you tube video and read reviews. Troy Smith was a damn fine college QB and had a pretty damn good arm. I saw multiple 50 yard plus in the air passes on target to WRs. He also displayed some pocket presence and "escapability".

I would gladly give up a 3rd and truthfully depending on his state of readiness a 2nd would be alright with me. Think about it. What QB are you going to get in the draft with his credentials who but for a freak illness would have been the starter in Baltimore? A mobile, big arm, Heisman winning QB who has had 4 years of polishing to learn the pro game. A gamble no doubt but I think Troy Smith would give us an option at QB much better than what we have who has by far the most potential upside of all of the free agent candidates.

Think about it. What QB are you going to get in the draft with his credentials who but for a freak illness would have been the starter in Baltimore?

Except for a freak inury to Trent Green and he's the starter in St. Louis in 99 or whatever it was. Doesn't mean anything. No way I'm giving up that much for a guy who hasn't played and could as easily bomb and be good after a couple of years. I'd take Tavaris over him hands down.

Kyle's the man. He'd look great in a Bills suit. He can flat out play but for some reason is the Rodney Dangerfield of NFL QBs.

Except for a freak inury to Trent Green and he's the starter in St. Louis in 99 or whatever it was. Doesn't mean anything. No way I'm giving up that much for a guy who hasn't played and could as easily bomb and be good after a couple of years. I'd take Tavaris over him hands down.

Kyle's the man. He'd look great in a Bills suit. He can flat out play but for some reason is the Rodney Dangerfield of NFL QBs.

Seriously, what is the problem with Kyle? Everybody hates on him, even his former team traded him like he was yesterdays potato salad, and all he does is produce. It's a perfect match...the QB nobody knows about goes to the team they all forgot about. Let's give him some Buffalove.

To me Kyle Orton has Kelly Holcomb written all over him. The guy is not bad but I don't think that he has any upside what so ever. Kyle flourished for a time in Denver this year but up to that point he was just a serviceable get you by don't lose the game for you QB. I would prefer Smith or Vick over him because those guys have more upside. Vick is not your traditional QB but he causes problems for the defense and he does have a cannon arm. Troy Smith now that he has had 4 years to learn the pro game could be ready for an Aaron Rogers like debut. NO, not exactly like Aaron Rogers, but a guy that has been brought along the old fashion way and could translate his college success and knack for winning to the pro game.