bills must go to 3-4 defense

Mr. Larry

I agree BuffaloBill, unless the Bills can land either Wilfolk or Franklin in free agency, don't go there. I think all the other NT's are too old to throw a big contract at. Maybe Casey Hampton though.................

and when that guy gets hurt, then you're defense is a sieve

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree BuffaloBill, unless the Bills can land either Wilfolk or Franklin in free agency, don't go there. I think all the other NT's are too old to throw a big contract at. Maybe Casey Hampton though.................

And I believe Casey Hampton is coming off an ACL tear, was fined by Tomlin in 2008 for being out of condition, and will be 33 this season.

I think those wanting a switch to the 3-4 are going to be very disappointed. It would be a 2-3 year transition during which time our defense would probably suck.

It's more pragmatic and realistic to simply hope that we get a good coordinator and improve the talent. As others have pointed out, if improving the defense was as simple as switching schemes, we'd have done it long ago. The Bills need better talent, regardless of scheme. And I don't want them drafting for scheme...I want them drafting for best player available.

how is our run d with those dts? strouds career is almost over imo

schobel hasnt said hes coming back, kelsay is trash, denney is a free agent.

mitchell is coming off serious injury and ellison is trash

they need to completely overhaul the front 7 no matter what defense they choose! its not that hard to understand.

Yes we have big needs but my point was switching to a 3-4 defense creates more needs.

Are Run D was not bad untill the second half because our D players were worn down. I dont have stats on this but If i remember the long runs didnt happen utill second half when are offense couldent keep our defense off the field.

Are D kept us in plenty of games last season so its not that bad it just needs to not be on the field for 40 Min a game.

dont you people ever play madden? the best defense is of course one that can switch between 4-3, 3-4, nickel, and dime!

that way, the QB never knows whats going to happen

He has a point, You can also select your opponents playbook to gain even more of an advantage. The Bills should do that too..

You're right. We're not ready to switch. The most critical position for the 3-4 is the nose tackle. Without a great NT, the 3-4 becomes very porous. Great NT's are very hard to find, and their durability over time has gone down. I think the Bills are better served with the 43 as their base. I also think the cover 2 is no longer necessary with this defense. We have one of the best young secondaries in the league now, so the focus should be on shoring up the D-line at the point of attack.

Specifically, two DT's who can stop the run.

what he said only louder CANT DO IT YET, maybe they can flex it sorta like New England if you know what I mean