What Chargers and Chiefs will be Bills next year?

Nanker

Lynch is not going to fetch anything significant in trade, especially not Merriman. Lynch is a backup running back/

marginal starter with off-the-field problems and one mis-step away from another suspension.

Hey here's an idea ? We need D line help and may be going to a 3 -4 & Seymore wants out of Oakland so let's send Lynch close to home in the land of misfit toys (for Uncle Al) and bring Seymore back east to good ole Buffalo & there's a start for our 3 - 4 . What about it ??

Hey here's an idea ? We need D line help and may be going to a 3 -4 & Seymore wants out of Oakland so let's send Lynch close to home in the land of misfit toys (for Uncle Al) and bring Seymore back east to good ole Buffalo & there's a start for our 3 - 4 . What about it ??

It's fun to speculate. What if we do sign Pees as DC. That - and a ton of bucks might get Wolfolk and Seymore here. I rather think the Patsies would not like to be lining up twice a year against that trio. Of course it won't happen, but it's fun to think about.

I think that if they franchise Merriman which they should, we should trade Lynch for him straight up... What do you think? Almost feels realistic, then again with Gailey here Lynch is our BUS

Well if Lynch seems so undesirable to us..just imagine with our perception around the leaugue just how undesirable Lynch or anyone from the Bills probably would be. It's takes two interested teams to want to trade..and I think that we would be all for a trade like that...but I doubt San Diego would! I would put 100/1 odds against it if I were to place bets on sports. I like the idea...but just don't see it happening. Do you see any trades anymore in the NFL?? Maybe during the draft but I'm trying to remember any big trades recently?? Most teams cut undesirable players anymore it seems like...or don't resign them when they become free agents. I can't stand Lynch and think there may be some trade value there but I doubt anyone would jump for Lynch if it meant surrendering a viable player or sacrificing a draft pick in the first 3 rounds...maybe even 4 with his continious legal problems and poor personal conduct. The next suspension he receives for any law violations will probably be substantial 6 games to 16 games depending on the severity of the infraction. Lynch has also not been as a very productive running back in comparison to previous years. His average yards per gain has declined and giving that he plays a bruising style with little run support from the offensive line his body has been battered. He may be viewed as a player on the decline as the average running back only has a 4-5 year shelf like ie: Terrell Davis (Denver)..a world beater for a few years and then he disintergrated! Likely value would be a 5th round pick on the trade market! Lynch is not our BUS either! There is little comparsion between Jerome Bettis and M. Lynch! I hate pittsburgh (miami, Dallas, skins, giants, patriots,) but you have to respect their team play and player contributions over the years. When Pittsburgh needed Jerome Bettis to get two yards at the goal line, he would get it in and get the touchdown...You just cannot say that about M. Lynch at all ! As a matter of fact it's just the opposite...that is why we have such red zone (one of many reasons) problems for the past several years. We don't have the big back to punch it into the endzone! This is a long blog as it's necessary to squash blogs that don't make much sense and although I love what you are hoping for and hope for the same..I also am football savvy enough to know that it isn't likely to happen...and that although we have inflated value over some of our players (I do as well), that M. Lynch, P. Poluzsny, R. Parrish, T. Edwards, R. Fitszpatrick, R. Denney, S. Johnson, (on and on) don't have much star power and are not household names in this leaugue outside of the Bills Nation! We are two to three drafts away from possibly having a good football team! Don't count on much in the way of free agency as Buddy Nix immediately squashed that notion in his acceptance speech as GM. He mentioned that the best way to build a team is through the draft and something to the effect that he doesn't believe in going after your big name big price free agents only one or two middle of the road players to fill some personnel gaps in the roster. This team is unfortunately several players away from expecting immediate results on the field. Don't be surprised if the Bills don't take a step backwards before they can take two steps forward! There is some housecleaning to do yet! (In my opinion that should include Tom Modrak, but don't anticipate him getting the ax this year.) I think M. Lynch could be a player casualty during the off-season and T.O. as well. But don't look for the Bills to purge too much as they can't fill all their holes in the draft! The defense is solid enough to help the Bills be respectable in 2010 providing they can get a DT that can stuff the middle..With a solid draft, one average f.agent QB, one good left tackle in the draft or f.agent, the Bills could be a 7-9 win team, but realistically and based on previous acquisitions and drafts I am going to predict 6 wins once again for 2010 !! :wallbash:

Totally agree. The only players that you will usually see choosing winning over money is veterans who are on the downside of their career.

We can get alot of good players in for interviews, just like Shanahan coming here, they do it to raise their asking price around the league. This organizaton for the most part, gets used as a pawn to bargain a players contract higher.