I'm so sick and tired

Adam

Of everyone thinking they can do anything they want. Whats happening in sports is just a reflection of our society in general.

You can't throw things at Artest, no matter how much you don't like him. You don't yell at Trent Dilfer that you are happy his kid died. You don't go onto a basketball court ready to fight, and expect nothing. You don't go around killing people, and committing other heinous crimes.

I just think we have way more freedoms than we can handle. Our founding fathers never could have expected us to devolve into what we are now.

I just think we have way more freedoms than we can handle. Our founding fathers never could have expected us to devolve into what we are now.

129777[/snapback]

No we don't. We just need to start repealing laws that keep stupid people safe from themselves. Like seat belts and bike helmets. When I was a kid, stupid people and their children were far more likely to be a victim of their own mental shortcomings.

All hail the good ol' days.

No we don't.  We just need to start repealing laws that keep stupid people safe from themselves.  Like seat belts and bike helmets.  When I was a kid, stupid people and their children were far more likely to be a victim of their own mental shortcomings.

129846[/snapback]

I agree AD it was population control at work.

No we don't.  We just need to start repealing laws that keep stupid people safe from themselves.  Like seat belts and bike helmets.  When I was a kid, stupid people and their children were far more likely to be a victim of their own mental shortcomings.

129846[/snapback]

If not wearning seat belts and not wearing motorcycle helmets only effected the people not doing it, then it would be a personal privacy issue. Unfortunately, there are costs and other people's lives potentially at stake when responding to accidents involving someone not wearing seatbelts or helmets. It is a can of worms. If someone can say that the cost would not effect me and they can say no paramedic will be hurt responding to a more serious accident, then we might be able to say these issues are truly isolated to those people not wearing seatbelts or helmets.

The "5 whys !!!" - Why do we have to wear seatbelts?", "Why do costs to others rise when someone not wearing a seatbelt is hurt?", "Why do hospitals have to cover the difference when an individual's insurance does not cover the cost?", "Why do hospitals have to charge so much?", "Why are hospitals insurance rates so high?", etc.

Ditto for people smoking dope !!! There are consequences to people other than that one who smoked dope which makes it my business!

If not wearning seat belts and not wearing motorcycle helmets only effected the people not doing it, then it would be a personal privacy issue.  Unfortunately, there are costs and other people's lives potentially at stake when responding to accidents involving someone not wearing seatbelts or helmets.  It is a can of worms.  If someone can say that the cost would not effect me and they can say no paramedic will be hurt responding to a more serious accident, then we might be able to say these issues are truly isolated to those people not wearing seatbelts or helmets.

The "5 whys !!!" - Why do we have to wear seatbelts?", "Why do costs to others rise when someone not wearing a seatbelt is hurt?", "Why do hospitals have to cover the difference when an individual's insurance does not cover the cost?", "Why do hospitals have to charge so much?", "Why are hospitals insurance rates so high?", etc.

Ditto for people smoking dope !!!  There are consequences to people other than that one who smoked dope which makes it my business!

129888[/snapback]

Yeah, good thing it's all so much cheaper now with all these laws in place. Circular logic there.

Yeah, good thing it's all so much cheaper now with all these laws in place.  Circular logic there.

129917[/snapback]

That's what I meant by "it's a can of worms"...you can not simply say seatbelts are optional now without dealing with all those other "root causes" that are unfortunately related now because of the stupid laws...

Of everyone thinking they can do anything they want. Whats happening in sports is just a reflection of our society in general.

You can't throw things at Artest, no matter how much you don't like him. You don't yell at Trent Dilfer that you are happy his kid died. You don't go onto a basketball court ready to fight, and expect nothing. You don't go around killing people, and committing other heinous crimes.

129777[/snapback]

That's two times in one day that you seem to think the founding fathers lived in this great moral society. The world the founding fathers lived in was a nightmare of immorality- and a lot of them actually engaged and trafficked in it.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
If not wearning seat belts and not wearing motorcycle helmets only effected the people not doing it, then it would be a personal privacy issue.  Unfortunately, there are costs and other people's lives potentially at stake when responding to accidents involving someone not wearing seatbelts or helmets. 

Ditto for people smoking dope !!!  There are consequences to people other than that one who smoked dope which makes it my business!

129888[/snapback]

WAIT!!

OK, it is my business as a non-drinker to point out that alcohol kills more people that smoking dope... is alcohol illegal?? Doesn't that make it my business that drunks are killing people, and that it should be illegal???

Ohh wait... that's right. Although it kills people (like someone who uses harder drugs and gets behind the wheel), it is LEGAL, and why?

Because we already tried and it failed, AND there is a double standard. There is NO difference between alcohol abuse and other drug abuse. They BOTH ruin lives and kill people.