Vick took STEROIDS!

major

An NFL player took performance enhancing drugs?? Shocking.

Seriously, most of them have done it. You don't get to be 300+ lbs and remain athletic if you don't. The reason no one cares about the NFL (as opposed to baseball) is that the the NFL isn't focused on an individual player's stats.

i dont believe he ever tested positive in nfl for steroids, so who cares...

your a fool if you dont believe most players use hgh/steroids

i'd say most players use banned substances, in the offseason atleast.

I disagree with your opening but agree with your follow up.

I think people who deny that most (if not all) of professional, NFL players are on some sort of anabolic PED are the equivalent of ostriches burying their collective heads in the sand to avoid seeing the obvious.

As far as your other point, just because one does not test positive does not mean that they are not guilty of cheating.

An NFL player took performance enhancing drugs?? Shocking.

Seriously, most of them have done it. You don't get to be 300+ lbs and remain athletic if you don't. The reason no one cares about the NFL (as opposed to baseball) is that the the NFL isn't focused on an individual player's stats.

This response is simply sad and yet not entirely untrue. The truth is the fact that the average fan is no longer outraged by the use of steroids or PEDs by an NFL athlete, or any athlete for that matter, is disturbing. We should be outraged, not only because it calls into question the integrity of the greatest sport on the planet and that we "trust" these players to operate within the confines of the accepted guidelines of personal and professional conduct, but also because it violates the sanctity of the greatest game on earth. It IS illegal whether we believe that it should or should not be, the fact is that steroids ARE illegal. These players continue to bring shame on themselves and their sport by wreaking havoc on their bodies and demonstrating super-human feats of strength and agility. Remember when the game of football was played with the honor and competition that was held with regard for their fellow human beings. I love this game....but it is still a game, and while the business end of things is a necessary in today's NFL, it should be continually scrutinized and examined for better competition and rooting out those who undermine the integrity of the sport....even if it is almost all of them, then all of them should be banned and we can have an ultra-expansion draft and from then on, a zero tolerance policy should be instituted.

On a spearate note, these athletes, NFL players included, cannot collect millions of dollars from their sport and fans, receive mega-deals for endorsements, go on sports talk shows, be on the cover of countless magazines, and enjoy a lavish existence and not embrace their status as role models. Whether they want it to be or not, the fact is that these NFL athletes ARE role models, for better or for worse. In sports it should be the hallowed ground of championships and history record wielding athletes that find themselves in the center ring of attention for their athletic prowess and accomplishments, not due to their manipulation of the general public by using illegal substances for their own egocentric purposes. I am reviled by the widespread use of PEDs and steroids, but if possible, I believe I am even more disgusted by our complacency and apathy toward these atheletes and their felonious ways.

As for Vick, I needed no more information to be repulsed by his behavior and never wanting to put another dollar in his pocket again, this only serves as a further indictment against his character and bolsters my support of his eviction from the NFL ranks and to find work somewhere else......maybe Iams or Eukaneuba???