[please fix subject]The Draft

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/22/b...aft-pick-count/

Looks like so far we have an extra 6th and 7th round pick. So looks like we'll have 9 picks going in to the draft if nothing else changes. Not a bad start. I would like to see Marshawn Lynch dangled about for some more picks...assuming anyone else is willing to buy.

At this point I would like to see a dominant left tackle taken with the first round pick and than qb addressed in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Compensatory picks dont just work with oh you lose a good player you get a compensatory pick. Its a complex formula which over the years has proven that its mostly predicated on FA's gained and FA's lost from the previous years. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills didn't receive any pick and if they did it would probably be no more than an extra 7th rounder.

Compensatory picks dont just work with oh you lose a good player you get a compensatory pick. Its a complex formula which over the years has proven that its mostly predicated on FA's gained and FA's lost from the previous years. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills didn't receive any pick and if they did it would probably be no more than an extra 7th rounder.

I forgot it worked that way...I modified my post...thanks

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/22/b...aft-pick-count/

Looks like so far we have an extra 6th and 7th round pick. So looks like we'll have 9 picks going in to the draft if nothing else changes. Not a bad start. I would like to see Marshawn Lynch dangled about for some more picks...assuming anyone else is willing to buy.

At this point I would like to see a dominant left tackle taken with the first round pick and than qb addressed in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Yeah..I agree about 9 picks being a good thing to some extent...but of our 9 picks 4 of them (almost half..) are 6th & 7th rounders!! How many 6th & 7th round picks have made any impact on the Bills roster in the past decade? Probably few if any....I'd rather combine a 3rd & (2) 6th round picks to upgrade to a 2nd rounder if any team would be a party to that...probably not because there is a seperation in talent typically between a 1st rounder and 2nd....2nd & 3rd...etc...that's why they are slated where they are. You can go ahead and trade M. Lynch for a pick and I'd be happy..but who wants to bring a bad character player into their locker room...especially an underachiever who is subject to a major suspension for any further law violations. So anyone we want to off-load will probably be a low demand player and only warrant between a 4th to 7th round pick. I really don't think anyone wants the Buffalo Bills castoffs that couldn't pull their own weight...We're practically a laughing stock as far as the perception of our team. I think the Bills have to go after a top flight QB at some point (and I think it is now)! Trent Edwards was a 3rd round pick for a reason! 9th pick take the best QB available...probably 2nd or 3rd rated QB!...Just do it...then package a player and a draft pick or whatever is neccessary to move back into the 1st round to get the highest rated left OT available....Heck...if you can manage to keep your second round pick then you need to get a DT too! This draft should be about getting the 3 or 4 best players you can get to feel your needs! If that means packaging the remaining 5 picks to get 2 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd rounder...I don't care...it's quality not quantity this year! N.England moves back into the 1st round most years...they did last year as well...they ensure they get 2 top tier players! That's what we need to do....not just get a lot of average players like they have now! How many superstars do we have??? Lynch (no not really) T.O...? (no not really anymore)...Poluszny? No not so far..always injured....Jairus Byrd...maybe..but the returns are not in yet.. Mckelvin...maybe..we'll see...So who??? That's what numbers do for you! Give me one Tom Brady, one L.T. in his prime, one Peyton Manning...any one of these as a draft pick and you can have all 9 picks...it's about quality! No guessing on tweeners or undersized players that you think will grow into their frame....Geez Modrak needs to go too!! I'll pick'em...I have my own war room for the draft!

I would have choose Bryan Orakapo 1st round last year! That was my pick! I would have choose Everette Brown who was available in the 3rd Round!... Beats Chris Ellis a couple years ago...and Aaron Maybe last year!....oh well I'm done for now...just had to express what I feel is important...Q U A L I T Y !! That's what the difference is between winning organizations and organizations that continue to be bad but field the same amount of players.. :thumbsup: