Here is our Course of Action Bills Fans

May Day 10

I have been very skeptical of everything about this franchise... for years, but especially in the time since the Saints game this season.

I thought the Gailey rumor was actually a joke thread at first, didnt even click on it and learned it was factual information in the following days.

I hate Russ Brandon, I dont trust Nix or who seems to be pulling the strings, and I think it is shameful the way Wilson has taken this organization since the 90's.

With that out of the way, we have no choice but to fill that stadium next season and make as much noise as possible. We cannot waiver in our rabid fandom. If the team starts to suck, we boo. If they win, we cheer and say we billeaved all along.

If we empty the joint out, that will take an entire season.... then IF Wilson decides that he needs to clean house, the whole restructuring of the organization and rebuilding will take a few years. Then if everything is done correctly, the Bills may be good again... maybe. Maybe they would just try some more manipulative moves, who knows. Ralph Wilson has not been known to waiver his position in the face of criticism historically (not including eating Jauron's contract).

Ticket revenue is shared anyway. 60/40 I believe. So say tickets average $45. If there are 20,000 less seats sold over 7 games, that is $6,300,00.00. The Bills' share would be $3,780,000.00. That can easily be made up shaving some salary. Yes, I know parking and merchandise are also factors... but say all 20,000 people were to park in the lots at 4 people per car, and $25 per car... That is a total of $875,000.00 for the entire season. I know merchandise is also a very small piece of the puzzle. It really doesnt seem like enough to make too much of a dent in the team for one season.

And everyone knows Ralph Wilson isnt a young man. He is in his 90's and each year the odds of him passing are greater. Not saying Im for him dying. But when he meets his judgement, we as Bills fans will also be at our time of judgement by the NFL and its fans. If we keep filling the stadium every Sunday, we have made as good of a case as we can that the NFL is better off with a team in Buffalo, NY. Not only that, but the franchise would be more appealing to a buyer(s) willing to keep the team local. I was very proud to see the turnout and the crowd noise for the Colts game this season. Other teams out of it werent filling half their stadium. Great turnout in Buffalo in crappy weather for a meaningless game. I work outside of Buffalo and numerous fans from other teams said they checked out that game and thought it was awesome on Bills fans.

So in summary, there is nothing we can do to change the course of this organization. Chan Gailey did win me over somewhat yesterday as I liked his inflection, personality, and attitude. The Bills will be 0-0 in September and winning is actually a priority of the organization.... arguably not the top priority, but that will not change until the ownership is changed. Us as Bills fans are very much on a tryout for the NFL and we NEED to make it as difficult for them to tear the team out of here as possible.

If you made it this far, thank you for taking the time.

Go Bills.

Dont worry. The stadium would be filled if The Mad Hatter was coaching and Mickey Mouse was QB. The only thing that draws the crowds anymore is the party and $35 a seat tickets. As long as these two things remain constant, you'll have a full stadium. Nothing else makes a difference, which is proven by the fact that the stadium has been full for a decade of some of the worst football imaginable.

So in summary, there is nothing we can do to change the course of this organization. Chan Gailey did win me over somewhat yesterday as I liked his inflection, personality, and attitude.

And how about Gailey's record as a consistent WINNER and his successful offensive football everywhere he's coached in the NFL?

Does that have no impact?

And how about Gailey's record as a consistent WINNER and his successful offensive football everywhere he's coached in the NFL?

Does that have no impact?

Career record 18–16–0 (NFL)

Head coaching record (NFL): 2 seasons total, 1998 and 1999 (yeah 12 years ago), 18-14 (avg 9-7)

He might not suck, and he may very well prove to be an upgrade to what we have had recently. But using terms like "consistent WINNER" when speaking of his past are not warranted. Unless your definition of consistent WINNER is a tick above .500.