Is it Me, or Has This Board...

That's the difference between us.  I believe that people should register and vote.  When we register them we talk about issues.  One woman who registered had a son in Iraq.  She has  bigger stake in this than you or I.  Others are worried about health care, the Quebecor plant layoffs, the 67000 jobs lost in Tennessee in the last four years, their inability to pay for health care.  They have a stake in the process.  The $130 billion war resonates, as does the $472 billion dollar deficit, the proposal to cut back the tax cuts for the rich.  You'd be surprised how interested they are after a little discussion other than whether the shrapnel went in an inch, who is picking their nose, or what a flip flop is.  Kind of invigorating actually.

12271[/snapback]

I don't see it as any different than the rhetoric in your own post. The taxation levels in this country are absolutely criminal. Regardless of which party is in charge, we are paying more than enough to the government - more than the GDP of all but a handful of countries.

The problem that neither party will address, is spending. John Kerry's platform includes almost $2,000,000,000,000.00 in new spending over the next 10 years. Higher taxes on the rich are not going to be enough to fund this largess.

Until people start waking up and realizing that the government is screwing us, regardless of who is in charge, the country will grow weaker. We can keep pretending that the bubble economy of the previous 8 years was worthwhile, or we can realize that there are significant problems with our current form of government that a campaign against rich people isn't going to solve.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Jim, I've spent the better part of the last two weeks participating in voter registration drives in politically democratic enclaves, working wit a democratic legislative candidate and helping a democratic candidate for congress on an education policy.  Time to stop talking and start doing.  But you righties really should stay here sitting at your computer and blowing smoke up each others asses! :D

12204[/snapback]

Hey, Ed takes a stand, and does not back away. Maybe more than the "righties" believe oftentimes. Here, it's drool, from either side.

You have to decide who's right.

Here is what you said about the left on the board:

"1. They have nothing to add anymore.

2. They realize their guy is in deep stevestojan.

3. They can't compete.

4. They're all on their way to NY in their best hippy gear to create chaos"

Lets see now, all you said is that we are a bunch of hippies who can't compete because we are full of sh*t and have nothing else to offer.

Gee, now why would I take that as an insult? Is that what you consider to be a cordial invitation to a meaningful exchange of ideas? Is this what you call mature? Look,

12177[/snapback]

I said you were full of stevestojan??? You know Mick, I've read my post a few times and can't quite figure out where I wrote that. Calling you a hippy is an insult?? Damn, I was one 30 years ago. I guess you're just easily offended.....sorry.

This thread really is a hoot. I dont know what's funnier..the biggest bombthrowers crying "IM A VICTIM!" or the rest who lament the fact that this board is not some online facsimile of politics debate at Harvard.

Whats REALLY funny and downright sad is that the people who are getting called out as the "scum" of the board like boomer, tb or myself ( I do not recall calling VT a "spermsuit", BTW) are the only ones who are truly HONEST here. See.. at least we dont make any illusions to be something we are not. The rest of you, and you know who you are are being truly pathetic. YOU KNOW DAMN WELL youre as guilty as the above-mentioned in bringing down the discourse here to the level of "Romper Room" on MORE than one occasion. But you bulshit everyone and pat yourselves on the back that youre innocent and above the fray.

And thats just lame.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
This thread really is a hoot. I dont know what's funnier..the biggest bombthrowers crying "IM A VICTIM!" or the rest who lament the fact that this board is not some online facsimile of politics debate at Harvard.

Whats REALLY funny and downright sad is that the people who are getting called out as the "scum" of the board like boomer, tb or myself ( I do not recall calling VT a "spermsuit", BTW) are the only ones who are truly HONEST here. See.. at least we dont make any illusions to be something we are not. The rest of you, and you know who you are are being truly pathetic. YOU KNOW DAMN WELL youre as guilty as the above-mentioned in bringing down the discourse here to the level of "Romper Room" on MORE than one occasion. But you bulshit everyone and pat yourselves on the back that youre innocent and above the fray.

And thats just lame.

12696[/snapback]

I remember the topic a few weeks ago when I had posted something, you posted just 'SPERMSUIT!!!', and I lost my cool and said something about writing a leaflet or something. Since then, I don't remember us having any sort of a verbal exchange of anything bad. I just wish that we could keep the damn insults and names to ourselves... we all know that we will have disagreements, but I think it's crazy for others to complain about the names when they themselves use them on many occasions. I admit I have been guilty in the past, but recently I think I have roped in my wily emotions and done a damn fine job. Both sides have their ranters, though. whew!

VT..."SPERMSUIT" was not an insult directed at you. It was an offshoot reference to "FLIGHTSUIT!!!", which around these parts is shorthand for "Quit with the BS talking points and get with the discussion."

No matter..................................