Oakland Raiders?????

The Bill-ievers have truly lost their collective minds thinking, for some unknown reason, we occupy a higher echelon than the Oakland Raiders, a team that has won Super Bowls, I emphasize won, and/or has made deep runs into the playoffs every decade dating back to the ‘60s. And, I am not even considering the almost universal allure of the silver and black, they probably sell Marcus Allen jerseys in the Republic of Congo? Let’s compare that to O.J. Simpson’s 2000 yd. season, I am reaching on this one, the Bermuda Triangle days, and the truly glorious Super Bowl years, if anybody has seen the movie Perfect Storm, the Bills history of success reminds me of the short fleeting moment when the destitute boat and crew had some hope, otherwise known as the eye of an hurricane, another PTP perfect analogy. An organization that couldn’t or can’t beat a divisional rival for almost a decade straight twice (i.e. Dolphins and Patroits), and, based on my calculations, using 16 teams in the conference and 6 annual playoff participants, randomly speaking there is about a 1% chance of not making the playoffs over the course of 10 years; Bob Barker, please show what Mr. Wilson has won behind door number three for that dubious feat! Recall Mora’s infamous “playoffs” rant and you’ll visualize what PTP is going through reading that the Bills are better than anybody claims! 4 straight, bickering bills, music city miracle, Flutie vs. Johnson, Mulurkey resignation, firing Polan, lost helmets, wide right, car chases around the LA freeway system, smoking pot and carrying unregistered guns, stealing $20, sounds like the penthouse to me?

As predicted, the bi-polar majority on this board has returned in full faith fashion, supporting another incompetent move, the second in two weeks, according to my, typically very accurate, perceptions. I can’t imagine a worse January for an organization, be honest, how many would have dreamt of a Nix and Gailey combination; how many Netjet miles and dollars were wasted in this comprehensive search for the “fresh eyes?” These two clowns could have been hired with a placement ad in the Buffalo News. I can hardly wait to free agency and the draft.

Lastly, I salute Jerry Sullivan for having the balls to challenge this joke of an organization and to call them as he sees them.

Kudo's Pipe - Again and again, this organization seriously is treating their fan base like the organ grinder’s monkey - they crank the grinder and we dance to earn the grinder man pennies. Dance monkey…dance! It truly saddens me.

I have been a Bill’s fan going back to I guess when the Juice graced War Memorial…and you are right. Take out the team Polian built – this organization has been nothing but an utter failure. The only constant has been Ralph Wilson. Please – to taste the success Oakland has experienced is what every denizen of this board craves. To compare the Bill’s to the Raiders insults Raider Nation if anything.

Keep writing your truths, perhaps one day we will be proven wrong.

Lastly, I salute Jerry Sullivan for having the balls to challenge this joke of an organization and to call them as he sees them.

I thought most of what you said had some merit. Then you went in support for a columnist that went on a whinny-rampage this week, and showed off his true colors. When a man actually in the football business (aged 70, and a life long member of this bizz), calls you and your city of mediocre reporting out, you take it. That's called respect.

Sullivan shows no respect, is classless, and thinks for some reason that by stepping up and criticizing a GM who has not even gotten out of January of his inaugural season, all the while supporting the suspect journalism, is doing some sort of justice to the community. It's one thing to challenge a joke of a franchise by making legitimate claims, and suggesting corruption, and of course, proving it. It's a whole other animal when you whine that a GM wont confess to all the scoops you missed.

I thought most of what you said had some merit. Then you went in support for a columnist that went on a whinny-rampage this week, and showed off his true colors. When a man actually in the football business (aged 70, and a life long member of this bizz), calls you and your city of mediocre reporting out, you take it. That's called respect.

Sullivan shows no respect, is classless, and thinks for some reason that by stepping up and criticizing a GM who has not even gotten out of January of his inaugural season, all the while supporting the suspect journalism, is doing some sort of justice to the community. It's one thing to challenge a joke of a franchise by making legitimate claims, and suggesting corruption, and of course, proving it. It's a whole other animal when you whine that a GM wont confess to all the scoops you missed.

Perhaps you are right about Sully – while I agree with his points, he at times can write drivel to sell papers. Said, I will defend the notion that Nix disrespected every writer and their credibility when he said 80% of what was written was pure fabrication, essentially calling every sports writer a liar. If you cannot understand why he defended his institution and profession, I question your integrity in the workplace. What Sully did is akin to a hockey player nailing someone on the other team after they took a shot at your team mate. You stand by your teammates.

Two weeks into his regime and he has already contradicted half of his statements in the initial press conference; what is wrong with challenging that fact?