Buudy and Chan's personnel moves...

TDRupp

Assuming the Bills hire a DC that wants to coach here are my predictions for personnel moves. Not all, just the more predictable ones.

M. Lynch: trade to the highest bidder (quietly at any point before the draft)

K Williams: trade to highest biider before draft

T Edwards: traded or cut

Sign or Trade for a QB: J Campbell, M Vick (hope not)

Schobel: let him retire or work out a trade to a team much closer to his Texas home. I guess it is possible they might play him at OLB if he wants to come back to WNY, but I don;t think he does.

Maybin: try at OLB

Stroud: starting DE

Sp Jihnson: starting DE

Lonnie Harvey: compete for NT depth

Rashaad Duncan: compete for NT depth

T Owens: not resigned

R Denney: not resigned

C Kelsay: released

OT: draft one in round 1 or 2

NT draft one in round 1-4

RB: draft one in round 2-5

OLB: draft one

ILB: draft one

Assuming the Bills hire a DC that wants to coach here are my predictions for personnel moves. Not all, just the more predictable ones.

M. Lynch: trade to the highest bidder (quietly at any point before the draft)

K Williams: trade to highest biider before draft

T Edwards: traded or cut

Sign or Trade for a QB: J Campbell, M Vick (hope not)

Schobel: let him retire or work out a trade to a team much closer to his Texas home. I guess it is possible they might play him at OLB if he wants to come back to WNY, but I don;t think he does.

Maybin: try at OLB

Stroud: starting DE

Sp Jihnson: starting DE

Lonnie Harvey: compete for NT depth

Rashaad Duncan: compete for NT depth

T Owens: not resigned

R Denney: not resigned

C Kelsay: released

OT: draft one in round 1 or 2

NT draft one in round 1-4

RB: draft one in round 2-5

OLB: draft one

ILB: draft one

Trade Kyle Williams???? You obviously have never watched a game of the Bills this past season. This guy gets more pressure for us than any other player (besides Schoble sometimes), and you want to trade him? He is everything right with the Buffalo Bills.

To say that two no name dt's can handle the duties of 34 nose, you are sadly mistaken again. Also, Marshawn Lynch is not going anywhere.

This makes more sense if you ask me.

Defensive Line.

Spencer, Stroud, Williams

LineBackers

Maybin, Poz, Mitchell, Shoebel

Secondary

Mcgee, Whitner, Byrd, Mckelvin

Trade Kelsey/Parrish for more Draft Picks.

I don't know Chan Gailey well but i hear he is creative. I bet he starts Lynch for his power running back and has Freddy to Kick off returns, 3rd down back, and extra WR.

You make some great points. The offensive line is the most important sub-unit in football. Just look at the present NY Jets, and recall our electric company in the OJ years. Then look at our present disaster. Remember D'Brickashaw Fergunson? he is starting at guard for the Jets. we didn't need him when we drafted. How about Michael Oher who starred at right tackle for the Ravens this year (rookie pick). We didn't need him either. We needed Maybin, and his 10-12 tackles. When Lou Saban came here for his second go around, his first task was fixing the offensive line. That's where you need to go this year.

On the defensive side, yes Kyle Williams looks good at times. But he is undersized and for every good, pressure play he makes, he gets taken out by a guard or a tackle on a running play. Our defensive line can't stop the run. Undersized lineman don't cut it. You need big, strong etc. Ever hear of Pat Williams? (oh yeah, he went to the Vikings we didn't need him). How about Ted Washington? Remember when we had Ted? You could not move the guy...too big and strong. That's what you need. Undersized lineman with 230 lb. chiseled bodies don't cut it in this league.

Kelsay, Denney, Williams...trade em and get some picks.

Marshawn Lynch...trade get what you can

Oh yeah, I hope Chan Gailey knows that there is a position called tight end.....maybe we could get one of them that can block , and run routes!!!!!

There is no way that Marshawn Lynch gets traded this offseason. Nix and Gailey are both huge fans of the power running game and having two capable backs to spell one another makes that a whole lot easier.

Lynch stays and may actually be the one to benefit the most from bringing Gailey on board.

Roscoe on the other hand is most definitely gone. Trade him away for a 4th rounder and I'll be happy. Methinks Edwards is going to get released as well.

I liked hearing Gailey say that they (meaning he and his to-be-hired defensive coaches) will look at the personnel they have and who they can get, and decide whether they can move to a 3-4 (which is what Gailey prefers), or whether they'll have to stay with the 4-3. Not "we're going to run my system, period" a la Gregg Williams and Jauron.